Derrick Rose or Monta Ellis?

Pooh25

Monta Ellis:

http://lowposts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/monta_ellis.jpg

Derrick Rose:

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/wp-content/uploads/2009/rosecloser.jpg

What do you think about these two players and what are their differences?

Which player do you think is more dominant long term and which player is more dominant currently?

What are each of these players' weaknesses and what the other player is better at?

Monta Ellis is better offensively, being able to hit shots at a high percentage, while Rose is inconsistent with his jump shot, but he has put a lot of time into working on his jumper, this previous summer. The edge goes to Monta here.

Rose's strength and passing abilities surpass Monta Ellis'. Rose has better court vision then Monta Ellis and Derrick Rose has proven he can be a winner, I don't think Monta Ellis has yet. An impressive accolade, that not even Monta, Chris Paul, or Deron Williams received was that Derrick Rose has the most points(36) in a rookie playoff debut. Derrick is still developing and I would say Monta is better offensively right now then Derrick Rose, but Rose's career will be better then Ellis'.

*Important Note:

Derrick Rose has been playing with an ankle injury for about 95% of the season and recovered against the Atlanta Hawks.

Who do you think is better and why?

Edited by 23Bullsaj

• Owner

Ellis is the better scorer, but Rose is the better overall offensive player (which includes passing, ball-handling, and finishing at the rim).

Both need Defense For Dummies, though.

As far as who's going to have the better career, it's Rose. I really didn't have to think twice, either. I see Rose being that championship-caliber teammate to a LeBron or Wade, while Ellis could be that scorer on a decent to bad team most of his career.

Ellis is the better scorer, but Rose is the better overall offensive player (which includes passing, ball-handling, and finishing at the rim).

Both need Defense For Dummies, though.

As far as who's going to have the better career, it's Rose. I really didn't have to think twice, either. I see Rose being that championship-caliber teammate to a LeBron or Wade, while Ellis could be that scorer on a decent to bad team most of his career.

Ellis is better than Rose at finishing at the rim.

As for defense, Ellis is better as well. He's been getting better. He's done a great job guarding Brandon Roy and Kevin Durant holding them to low shooting percentages. Same with OJ Mayo. He scored 22 points in a game against the Warriors, but he scored 14 of them while Ellis was either on the bench or not guarding him.

I guess I could see why you put Rose as a better career because he is a point guard while Ellis is a combo guard, but it's closer than you think.

Rose is struggling without Ben Gordon while Ellis has been a monster since Stephen Jackson got traded.