AI stays for remainder

Guest The Situation

Guest The Situation
In a less than surprising move, the Sixers announced they have officially guaranteed the contract of Allen Iverson for the remainder of the season.

Iverson signed a pro-rated, 1-year contract with the Sixers on Dec. 3, 2009 for just over $1 million. Contract needed to be guaranteed by Jan. 10.

"Since his arrival, Allen has done everything asked of him and has been an excellent teammate," said Sixers General Manager Ed Stefanski in a press release.

In 9 games this season (all starts), Iverson has averaged 15.7 points, 4.7 assists, and 3.4 rebounds a game. The Sixers are 10-23 and play the Washington Wizards tonight.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/76ers_guarantee_Iverson.html

Allen Iverson still all-star material in my opinion. He just wasted 3 years in crap teams (Denver was crap when they had Iverson, Melo hadn't matured yet). It's frustrating that those 3 years were wasted but if given the chance and if Lou is traded hopefully then Iverson can pick up from where he left off.

I never understood why in the other article Eddie Jordan spoke so soon and said Allen Iverson would probably be cut. EJ will probably be gone soon if a rift develops between he and A.I. Something like that could get Iverson a possible three to four year deal. :)

I never understood why in the other article Eddie Jordan spoke so soon and said Allen Iverson would probably be cut. EJ will probably be gone soon if a rift develops between he and A.I. Something like that could get Iverson a possible three to four year deal. :)

Lol he never said he would "probably be cut". He said exactly the opposite. Warren just made a very misleading thread title (if that is what you are going by).