Alston Leaves, Chris Quinn Comes In

Teletopez

Two separate moves even though the same teams are involved.

Veteran point guard Rafer Alston has been given his parole from the Nets, who will save some money by reaching a buyout agreement for the final season of his $5.25 million contract.

“We’ve reached an agreement in principle regarding a buyout for Rafer,” agent Dan Fegan said in a phone conversation.

Fegan would not say whether he has a landing spot awaiting his 33-year-old client, but the South Florida Sun-Sentinel is reporting that the Miami Heat are at the top of Alston’s list. He has played there before, helping Miami get into the postseason during Dwyane Wade’s rookie season.

Dave D'Alessandro

In a separate deal, the Nets acquired Chris Quinn, Miami’s second round pick in 2012 and cash for a conditional 2010 second-round pick that will never leave the Nets hands. It’s protected through 50. The Nets will pick anywhere from 31-34 and we’re being nice.

But the Nets will send the trade exception they got back from Orlando in the Ryan Anderson deal to Miami.

Iannazzone

http://www.derok.net/images/sports/chris%20quinn.jpg

East Rutherford, NJ (Sports Network) - The New Jersey Nets announced on Tuesday they have requested waivers on guard Rafer Alston and acquired guard Chris Quinn from the Miami Heat in a salary dump for the league's worst team.

The clubs also swapped draft picks as part of the Quinn trade with New Jersey getting the Heat's second-round pick in the 2012 draft along with cash considerations in exchange for the Nets' 2010 second-round selection.

New Jersey acquired Alston in the offseason via a five-player trade with Orlando, which received Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson in the deal.

In his first 27 games this year, Alston averaged 9.7 points and 3.9 assists for the bottom-dwelling Nets, his third team in two years.

The 33-year-old street-ball legend has career numbers of 10.3 points and 4.8 assists through his 10-plus seasons in the league, which includes stops in Milwaukee, Toronto, Miami, Houston and Orlando.

Quinn spent his first three-plus NBA seasons with the Heat, averaging 5.6 points and 2.2 assists in 168 career games, including 26 starts. The Notre Dame product has yet to see floor time thus far in 2009-10.

The Newark Star-Ledger reported the Nets will pay Alston roughly $2.1 million of his remaining $3.05 million contract.

http://www.seattlepi.com/scorecard/nbanews.asp?articleID=272315

My bad. Didn't realize this was already posted. Go ahead and delete my other thread if you want.

Anyway, good deal. This might mean Arroyo is almost guaranteed to stay with the Heat, and I think Quinny will have a solid rest of the year with the Nets. He's not a bad player. It's good to see him get a chance.

Edited by Poe

Nets to do list:

- Get the worst record...ever.

- Bench Sean Williams no matter who is injured.

- Fire coach, hire anyone.

- Sign a Russian superstar that doesn't play basketball.

- Sign LeBron James and Jay-Z.

- Trade for the ugliest player...ever.

Almost complete!

• Owner

Nets to do list:

- Get the worst record...ever.

- Bench Sean Williams no matter who is injured.

- Fire coach, hire anyone.

- Sign a Russian superstar that doesn't play basketball.

- Sign LeBron James and Jay-Z.

- Trade for the ugliest player...ever.

Almost complete!

- Draft John Wall.

- Draft John Wall.

Yeah our plans are nearly completed, all we need to do is secure that first pick which shouldn't be hard seeing as we are like behind nearly everyone (if wolves land first the nba need to look into their team, you can't be a constant top 3 draft team that's bull[expletive]).

Yeah our plans are nearly completed, all we need to do is secure that first pick which shouldn't be hard seeing as we are like behind nearly everyone (if wolves land first the nba need to look into their team, you can't be a constant top 3 draft team that's bull[expletive]).

Don't get to excited. The draft sucks. Every year I put all my hopes in the draft and getting the first pick, but I always see us getting some random scrub from Tanzania. I can't count the number of times the Grizzlies had the worst or close to the worse record in the league, but we end up with the forth pick and whatever pick we were supposed to pick.

The NBA should have the NFL draft system. The lottery is bull[expletive].