If Eagles lose and.....

Guest The Situation

Guest The Situation

McNabb has a horrible game do you think they save him the last year on his contract and trade him?

I was listening to Brian Baldinger (former Eagle, current NFL analyst who is always in the Birds locker room) thinks that it will come to this and that Kevin Kolb's time is coming.

To me the McNabb situation is like how I felt with Iverson.

I'm sick of the same old thing over and over every year.

I really, really hope he is back. If they have a repeat of this past Sunday, though, I think the Eagles may decide to move on. Hope not though.

And I really hate the "it's the same thing with him every year" argument. This team is competitive and in the playoffs almost every year. Obviously the main goal is to win a Super Bowl but hell, imagine being a Raiders fan, or a Lions fan, or a Chiefs fan, etc etc. I think most of them would kill for the success McNabb has brought this team.

Donovan McNabb is 100% the most under-appreciated athlete Philadelphia has ever seen (and likewise, Andy Reid is the most under-appreciated coach). I guess it will take them leaving and this team going down the [expletive]ter for people to realize how lucky we have been as fans over the past decade or so. But until then the [expletive]ing will continue.

Edited by Phightins

McNabb gives us the best chance to win. I know Kolb exceeded expectations this year when he started, but he still hasn't proven to me he can be a full time starter in this league. That being said though, if we do lose to the Cowboys, I would not be at all surprised if we ended up shopping Donovan. Apparently the coaching staff is very high on Kolb and have a lot of confidence in him, so who knows. If Donovan leaves, it'll be a sad day, he gave so much to this franchise, but Eagles and loyalty do not go hand in hand.

Honestly, I'm not sure if we can get a 1st rounder for him, doubtful IMO. If all we can get is a 2nd or 3rd, I still think it would be of best interest to just keep him around. Especially if it's only a 3rd round pick.

Edited by Willie Green

It will be very interesting for sure. Donovan McNabb, Kevin Kolb, and Michael Vick all have contracts that are up after next season. How they handle this will be intriguing to say the least. As I said, I think McNabb is under-appreciated to the max (and I am well aware of his flaws) and I'd love to have him back, but it might be kind of impossible. I don't know if they'd want him back after next year anyway because of his age (and we all know how the Eagles handle those types of players). Blah, we will see.

Edited by Phightins