Philadelphia Phillies 2010

Phightins

You'd think that the law of averages would bring at least a little good fortune to this team at some point. Thought it might happen tonight. Had a very good chance to win a very unfavorable pitching matchup (Joe Blanton vs. Jaime Garcia). Guess not.

The 2010 Phillies are the perfect example of why W-L for a pitcher is entirely irrelevant on an individual season basis. This team's inability to score for Roy Halladay and Cole Hamels is unbelievable. Hamels pitched the best game of any Phillie this year, with the exception of Doc's perfect game. 8 innings, 1 hit, 1 walk, 97 pitches, in ridiculous heat. And Hamels is now out of the game in the 9th...a 0-0 game.

The 2010 Phillies are the perfect example of why W-L for a pitcher is entirely irrelevant on an individual season basis. This team's inability to score for Roy Halladay and Cole Hamels is unbelievable. Hamels pitched the best game of any Phillie this year, with the exception of Doc's perfect game. 8 innings, 1 hit, 1 walk, 97 pitches, in ridiculous heat. And Hamels is now out of the game in the 9th...a 0-0 game.

Johan has had 12 games in which he has allowed 1 run or less, he's only won 7 of his 20 games, the Mets aces always prove W-L is irrelevant, for the most part.

Edited by Fish7718

From Phillies Nation:

"Earlier this week, with the Phillies seemingly in a free fall from playoff contention, I was driving home from work when I noticed that the sign had been changed. I submit the following without commentary."

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs077.snc4/35207_852602271177_12615110_46124677_6632192_n.jpg

WOW.

From Phillies Nation:

"Earlier this week, with the Phillies seemingly in a free fall from playoff contention, I was driving home from work when I noticed that the sign had been changed. I submit the following without commentary."

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs077.snc4/35207_852602271177_12615110_46124677_6632192_n.jpg

WOW.

:lol: don't you know 90% of them are Eagles/Flyers fans who root for the Phillies when they are good

:lol: don't you know 90% of them are Eagles/Flyers fans who root for the Phillies when they are good

That is quite true. Well, the Eagles part anyway. When Jimmy Rollins made that "frontrunners" statement a few years ago, he was 100% right.

Bases loaded 1 out, nothing. 1st and 3rd, nobody out, nothing. The 2010 Philadelphia Phillies.

Nate McLouth LOVES grounding into DP's, especially late in the game.

Edited by Cobb

Oh yeah, there was almost a riot outside the game. Some idiots decided that since the Diamondbacks were in town, it was only logical to go to the stadium and protest the AZ immigration law. Another group that supports the law showed up, and it got pretty ugly. I wanted to stay and watch more but I had to get inside to catch the beginning of the game. I'm sure a video will surface soon.

Edited by Phightins

Someone in Houston is reporting that Roy Oswalt is going to be traded to the Phillies. Not sure if this is legit, or if it's BS like that Werth rumor the other day.

Probably BS. There is another report that we've traded for Fausto Carmona lol. So obviously at least one (probably both) of these is wrong.

Edited by Phightins

phightins, you think werth is gone before the deadline? and no one wants ibanez?

Well, Ibanez is actually hitting now. And no, no way Werth gets traded. Nobody else in the organization (with an MLB ready bat) can play center. Francisco can, but poorly. Bottom line is Werth is needed more than ever now.