Philadelphia Phillies 2010

Phightins

Very.

You couldn't tell by most of my posts from the past 2 weeks? Haha. If we sweep Atlanta this week I may regain some hope. :)

Edited by Phightins

Very.

You couldn't tell by most of my posts from the past 2 weeks? Haha. If we sweep Atlanta this week I may regain some hope. :)

If the Phillies sweep Atlanta, I'd be very happy, ugh this is going to be the first time in a while that I actually rooted for the Phillies. :) Go Phils! Sweep the Braves!

Well, at least sitting through 4 hours of 104 degree heat proved worthwhile at the end.....not.

This team is quite frustrating. 3 hits in 11 innings!

Because he OPS'd 600 points higher against the Phillies last year than his season total (and in 50 plate appearances, not a small sample size). Up to his old tricks again this week too.

I guess all he needed was 3 games against the Phillies.

On a Phillies note...time to consider trading Jayson Werth, especially if they get buried even further this weekend.

yeah I hope the Phillies trade Werth away, that way he won't leave in free agency for absolutely nothing. Hopefully we can get something of value back for him. Very disappointing season to say the least (even though I haven't really been keeping up with the team lately), I expected a better record especially after we went to two world series in a row.

yeah I hope the Phillies trade Werth away, that way he won't leave in free agency for absolutely nothing. Hopefully we can get something of value back for him. Very disappointing season to say the least (even though I haven't really been keeping up with the team lately), I expected a better record especially after we went to two world series in a row.

Well, they wouldn't get nothing if he left in free agency. They'd get (in all likelihood) a low first round pick, and a "sandwich" round pick. But if they put him up for trade, he is easily the most coveted hitter come deadline time. Not to mention, it clears the way for Domonic Brown to finally get to the Majors (.332/.398/.622 in AA and AAA so far this season. The other guys who are hardcore into baseball can verify...he is ready). I dunno, even if they get swept this weekend they will still be relatively close to the wild card and probably even the division, so I don't know if Amaro will throw in the towel and look to trade Werth. We'll see.

If I'm the Phillies I hold onto to him and get the compensation picks...

That might wind up being the best option. Can't risk [expletive]ing a Werth trade up as badly as it appears Ruben [expletive]ed up the Lee trade.