Philadelphia Phillies 2010

Phightins

Sounds like we are getting Roy Oswalt and $11 million for JA Happ, Anthony Gose, and Vance Worley. And kicking in $1 million to Oswalt's buyout so we don't need to pick up the 2012 option. Wow.

If only Ruben was as good at contract negotiations and offseason moves as he is at robbing teams blind at the trade deadline.

Holy [expletive], Vance Worley (the one guy I was going to be slightly upset about losing) is not even in this trade. Ken Rosenthal is saying it's Gose, Happ, and Jonathan Villar. Ruben Amaro has just redeemed himself.

Edited by Phightins

People said the same thing last year when he was 50x worse.

I think it is time to give the job to Ryan Madson, but Charlie has literally pushed every right button with this team since he has been here so he has my full trust with whatever he wants to do.

So, Howard took a big turn around 2nd and went back in awkwardly. His ankle was twisted about 180 degrees and his knee buckled also. He could not put any weight on it. The Phillies have done a hell of a job hanging in there and staying in striking distance despite all the other injuries, but if the Howard injury is series this will be very tough to overcome.

I guess that last home stand was just a blip on the radar. Today we are back to the 2010 Phillies we've been accustomed to. John Lannan looks like [expletive] but the Phillies can't do a thing with him, and Cole Hamels is dominant with the exception of 2 poor pitches, and the Phillies are still losing 4-2. And oh yeah, 2 more injuries to key players.

Well, I could have called that. That smug son-of-a-[expletive] Ruben Amaro Jr. said yesterday "we expect Ryan Howard to play this week", and now that has changed to "we are probably looking at a DL stint". This team never ceases to amaze me when it comes to bull[expletive]ting the public about injuries.

Well that escalated quickly. Ryan Howard to DL, as I called it. John Mayberry Jr. called up. I would have called up Andy Tracy, there are already more than enough outfielders fighting for at-bats.

Phillies trade for Mike Sweeney. I guess they could do worse as far as short-term replacements at first base go. I just wish it was 2000-2002 Mike Sweeney, lol.

Edited by Phightins

Whatever, I'll take it. Saw the game at the bowling alley so I couldn't watch too closely, but that looked like an awful call. But hey, maybe that's karma making up for all the unlucky [expletive] we've had happen so far this year. No complaints here.

Another reason why Baseball needs instant replay. <_<

It's no worse than Peter Moylan getting a strike called 4 feet off the plate to end that game vs. the Tigers.

Haha I understand (although the strike zone is the one area of the game I never want to see them touch with technology). Frankly I am fine with no replay at all, but I can understand it on homerun calls and potentially fair/foul calls (although that will get very complicated, especially as it deals with guys who are already on base).

Haha I understand (although the strike zone is the one area of the game I never want to see them touch with technology). Frankly I am fine with no replay at all, but I can understand it on homerun calls and potentially fair/foul calls (although that will get very complicated, especially as it deals with guys who are already on base).

Yeah, no way should it be used to call balls and strikes. I just don't understand why the Little League World Series or w/e uses it and MLB doesn't. Also, if instant replay was used for this call the game would've moved on faster because Edwin Rodriguez was out there arguing for quite a while.