Rick's Rant: All-Star Rosters

JWaLL

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/01/11/20101111_ricks_rant_allstar.nba/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Lakers fans won't like this, but he makes some great points. And I do agree with his debatable claim that Zach Randolph DOES deserve to be an all star this year. He isn't playing like the usual team cancer that he used to be and is helping his team be a .500 team in the West. The dude has finally earned his spot.

Also, I think it would be very mature and good for his image if T-Mac pulled out of the All Star race because he knows more than anyone that he doesn't deserve to be there. This would give CP3 or Nash the starting spot and add another guard spot on the roster for someone deserving like Chauncey Billups.

I watched this last night and I agreed with pretty much all of his selections. GWall and DLee have been playing fantastic basketball in the East meanwhile, the Caveman and Zbo are having great years, especially Kaman. He's clearly been the best Clipper on that team. Zbo is actually playing like he cares right now and it's paying off for the Grizzlies right now.

If I recall, for those that don't want to watch, it was something like...

East starters - AI, Wade, LeBron, KG, Dwight

Reserves - Rondo, Pierce, GWall, Lee, Johnson, Bosh, Mo Williams

West starters - McGrady, Kobe, Melo, Dirk, AMare

Reserves - Roy, Nash, Paul, Kaman, Zbo, Duncan, Durant

The only difference I would make would be that I would pick Josh Smith over Mo Williams as I believe that Josh Smith has improved more with the Hawks than Mo Williams has improved more with the Cavs. I admit that this decision could be affected by my anti-cavs mind though.

This Rick Kamla guy is way too stat oriented. This dude knows nothing about the actual game.

Anyway.

Allen Iverson and Tracy McGrady... WTF are they doing in the starting line up??? Do these people who vote even watch basketball? And KG hasn't done enough to earn a STARTING role either, let alone a spot in the all star game.

My all stars:

East:

C: Dwight Howard

PF: Chris Bosh

SF: LeBron James

SG: Dwyane Wade

PG: Rajon Rondo

Bench:

C: Brook Lopez

PF: Josh Smith

SF: Paul Pierce

SG: Joe Johnson

PG: Mo Williams

Last 2: Gerald Wallace and Andrew Bogut

West:

C: Tim Duncan

PF: Dirk Nowitzki

SF: Carmelo Anthony

SG: Kobe Bryant

PG: Steve Nash

Bench:

Chris Kaman

Pau Gasol

Kevin Durant

Brandon Roy

Deron Williams

Last 2: Chris Paul and Amare Stoudemire

Edited by Poe

This Rick Kamla guy is way too stat oriented. This dude knows nothing about the actual game.

Anyway.

Allen Iverson and Tracy McGrady... WTF are they doing in the starting line up??? Do these people who vote even watch basketball? And KG hasn't done enough to earn a STARTING role either, let alone a spot in the all star game.

My all stars:

East:

C: Dwight Howard

PF: Chris Bosh

SF: LeBron James

SG: Dwyane Wade

PG: Rajon Rondo

Bench:

C: Brook Lopez

PF: Josh Smith

SF: Paul Pierce

SG: Joe Johnson

PG: Mo Williams

Last 2: Gerald Wallace and Andrew Bogut

West:

C: Tim Duncan

PF: Dirk Nowitzki

SF: Carmelo Anthony

SG: Kobe Bryant

PG: Steve Nash

Bench:

Chris Kaman

Pau Gasol

Kevin Durant

Brandon Roy

Deron Williams

Last 2: Chris Paul and Amare Stoudemire

Agree, but Amare will be starting over Duncan

If Kevin Garnett had any sort of respect for the league, which I know he doesn't, he would also surrender his spot in the starting lineup to Chris Bosh. Bosh has been the 2nd best PF in the NBA and is being absolutely robbed because of idiotic fans, Bosh should be starting without question, KG can go but he should give Bosh the starting spot if he is allowed. Absurd that a guy putting up role playing stats is going to start over someone putting up 24-11 in less minutes than most stars, really pisses me off.

AI and T-Mac should also pull out as well obviously. The fact that we even have to argue that 3/10 players in the potential starting 5 of the all-star game should 'pull out' should basically show David Stern this idea is very flawed. Maybe let the fans vote in 5 players, but don't let them pick the starters..... the best players should be starting, but the fact is that the most deserving players almost always don't.

Amare making it over Duncan is also lol worthy, dude isn't even a C, he doesn't even get 8 boards a game does he? If so he barely does.... the best players should be starting, not the guys who the fans like the most.

Edited by travesy3

^

Agreed. It's a complete joke that AI and T-Mac even have the opportunity to play in the all star game, and Amare and KG should NOT be starting over Duncan and Bosh, nor have they done a thing to prove otherwise. I don't care what anyone says.

Edited by Poe

^

Agreed. It's a complete joke that AI and T-Mac even have the opportunity to play in the all star game, and Amare and KG should NOT be starting over Duncan and Bosh, nor have they done a thing to prove otherwise. I don't care what anyone says.

Amar'e deserves to start, because he is listed as a Center. Tim, Dirk, Pau etc are all listed as Forwards... Amar'e is the best player on the west's ballot at Center.

If Kevin Garnett had any sort of respect for the league, which I know he doesn't, he would also surrender his spot in the starting lineup to Chris Bosh. Bosh has been the 2nd best PF in the NBA and is being absolutely robbed because of idiotic fans, Bosh should be starting without question, KG can go but he should give Bosh the starting spot if he is allowed. Absurd that a guy putting up role playing stats is going to start over someone putting up 24-11 in less minutes than most stars, really pisses me off.

AI and T-Mac should also pull out as well obviously. The fact that we even have to argue that 3/10 players in the potential starting 5 of the all-star game should 'pull out' should basically show David Stern this idea is very flawed. Maybe let the fans vote in 5 players, but don't let them pick the starters..... the best players should be starting, but the fact is that the most deserving players almost always don't.

Amare making it over Duncan is also lol worthy, dude isn't even a C, he doesn't even get 8 boards a game does he? If so he barely does.... the best players should be starting, not the guys who the fans like the most.

You can get off of Chris Bosh's nuts any time you want.

Amare Stoudemire>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chris Bosh.

Amar'e deserves to start, because he is listed as a Center. Tim, Dirk, Pau etc are all listed as Forwards... Amar'e is the best player on the west's ballot at Center.

Amare is not a center. Tim Duncan is more of a center than Amare is, and has played the center position almost 100% of his playing time for San Antonio this year according to 82games, whereas Amare starts at PF and has played only a small portion of his time at center.

Tim Duncan > Amare Stoudemire easily, now and career. He beats him statistically and all around production.

Here, compare the stats yourself:

Amare: 20.9ppg, 8.8rpg, 1apg, .8spg, .9bpg - 34.8mpg

Duncan: 20.0ppg, 10.4rpg, 3.1apg, .6spg, 1.8bpg - 31.8mpg

You can get off of Chris Bosh's nuts any time you want.

Amare Stoudemire>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chris Bosh.

Chris Bosh kills Amare in his efficiency rating (27 to 20). It could be arguable whether Amare is actually better than Bosh, but by no means is he the clear cut best.

Even if Amare IS better, Bosh still deserves to start for the EAST.

Amare is not a center. Tim Duncan is more of a center than Amare is, and has played the center position almost 100% of his playing time for San Antonio this year according to 82games, whereas Amare starts at PF and has played only a small portion of his time at center.

Tim Duncan > Amare Stoudemire easily, now and career. He beats him statistically and all around production.

Here, compare the stats yourself:

Amare: 20.9ppg, 8.8rpg, 1apg, .8spg, .9bpg - 34.8mpg

Duncan: 20.0ppg, 10.4rpg, 3.1apg, .6spg, 1.8bpg - 31.8mpg

check the ballot, and tell me which of those 2 is listed as a Center.

your acting like i think Amar'e's better than tim :rolleyes: