January

20.7 ppg

7.4 apg

4.4 rpg

51%

Tonight: 37, 9, 6, 48%

LMAO @ Evans being better than Rose. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

http://top-fantasy-football.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Eating_Crow.JPG

At the point the thread was made, the question was valid and can still be, and Evans is still a rookie. Both will have fantastic careers and Rose is no doubt playing well now. I hope you don't actually think everyone in there that voted for Evans is a Rose hater.

Edited by BasX

January

20.7 ppg

7.4 apg

4.4 rpg

51%

LMAO @ Evans being better than Rose. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

I don't get it. Is this supposed to convince us that Rose is the clear cut better player or something?

Evans, as a rookie, is putting up 20.6 ppg/5.1 rpg/4.9 apg on 45.7% while taking 16.6 shots a game (comapred to Rose taking 17.6). Evan's is also playing in the Western Conference where he is playing stiffer competition night in and night out. His rookie numbers for the season are comparable to Rose's best month (well, half a month) numbers during his sophomore season. Yeah Rose was injured for the beginning of the season which hurt his play and all, I get that.

Tell me though, what point is it that you are trying to make here? Is it that Tyreke Evans is very comparable to Derrick Rose? Because that is what I have gathered from these numbers that you have posted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Evans is the better player than Rose because as of right now I don't believe that. But these numbers you have posted do little to help whatever agenda it is that you are promoting.

Edited by Built Ford Tough
  • Like 3

Rose has been a lot tougher in actually attacking the hoop and not shying away from contact like he was earlier in the season. He's also a bit quicker, and Chicago's faster starting unit is playing to his strengths.

Meanwhile, Evans is continuing to show good things in Sacramento. Like some of the posters above, I ask what's the point of this article? To pimp out Rose? He's already very good. To show that he's better than Evans? He is, but he also has an extra year under his belt.

So saying that somebody is better than Derrick Rose makes you a hater? Nobody's saying that Rose isn't a good player. The problem with Rose is defense and efficiency. You look at last night, he scored a lot of points but did it very inefficiently.

I agree with your post except for the end, last night he had the highest efficiency on the team and hit nearly 50% of his shots. Seems pretty efficient to me.

I agree with your post except for the end, last night he had the highest efficiency on the team and hit nearly 50% of his shots. Seems pretty efficient to me.

Field goal percentage != efficiency. The only people who were less efficient than Rose last night were Deng and Gibson. Rose scored on 51.5 TS% last night. League average is 52.5.

Career TS%

Paul 57.0%

Wade 56.3%

Williams 55.8%

Kobe 55.7%

compared to

Francis 53.3%

Marbury 52.8%

Iverson 51.9%

Rose 51.2%

To be an elite player he needs to get closer to that first group.