The Rockets are 2-5 in 2010.

@ Hornets: 99-95

@ Lakers: 88-79

@ Suns: 118-110

Knicks: 105-96

@Bobcats: 102-94

Timberwolves: 120-114

Heat: 115-106

It took three overtimes to beat the worst team in the Western Conference.

Rocket statistics for 2010

Aaron Brooks

Averages: 22.3 points per game, 4.3 assists, 1 steal and 3 turnovers.

Shooting: 45% FG, 43.1% 3P, 84.4% FT.

Carl Landry

Averages: 14.7 points per game, 4.6 rebounds, 0.9 steals, 0.6 blocks and 1.6 turnovers.

Shooting: 52.5% FG, 70.4% FT.

Trevor Ariza

Averages: 15.6 points per game, 5.0 rebounds, 4.1 assists, 1.6 steals and 3 turnovers.

Shooting: 40.4% FG, 29.5% 3P, 69.6% FT.

Luis Scola

Averages: 15.9 points per game, 6.1 rebounds, 1.7 turnovers.

Shooting: 55.6% FG, 68.8% FT.

Shane Battier

Averages: 7.1 points per game, 5.7 rebounds, 3.1 assists, 1 steal, 1.1 blocks and 1.4 turnovers.

Shooting: 30.9% FG, 32.4% 3P, 55.6% FT.

Out of the Rockets top 5 players, Ariza has been streaky and Shane has been awful shooting wise. Lowry is in that boat as well while Brooks, Scola, and Landry have been efficient.

Do you think this is merely a slump or have opposing teams found out how to beat the starless Rockets?

Whoa, what's up with Battier's shooting?

He's been streaky all season long except now he's just damn awful. It has been said that he hasn't fully recovered from his surgery last season but I don't know for sure.

Those losses were all from good teams. Let's see how they do after their next five games or so.

Lakers and Suns i can understand but the other 3 no.

I dont think that we have been figured out yet, I think we are just in a slump if the role players start doing there job and not try to play out side of there game we will be fine. Little things like Battier passing up the open 3 ball for contested drive just should not happen. Also Ariza need to play not coach.

Edited by ChosenOne

Lakers and Suns i can understand but the other 3 no.

umm... how?

- Hornets are only 2 losses beneath the Rockets, and their record has picked up since the return of CP3.

- Bobcats are one of the best home teams in the league with a 15-4 record at home.

- The Heat have the same record as the Hornets, but really, they are a better team than their record shows. If you saw the Rockets and Heat game, that's a game where the Heat play motivated, and they win 4 out of 5 times when they play like that.

umm... how?

- Hornets are only 2 losses beneath the Rockets, and their record has picked up since the return of CP3.

- Bobcats are one of the best home teams in the league with a 15-4 record at home.

- The Heat have the same record as the Hornets, but really, they are a better team than their record shows. If you saw the Rockets and Heat game, that's a game where the Heat play motivated, and they win 4 out of 5 times when they play like that.

As you said we have a better record than the Hornets, and we play much harder.

Bobcats are good at home but letting SJ kill us for a carear high is just stupid. Especially when we have two very good defenders in Ariza and Battier.

With the Heat it is the same thing you guys have no player outside of Wade (that play on a nightly bases) letting him go for 35+ and allowing every start to score in double digits just should not happen.

We are just better than all 3 of those teams.

Edited by ChosenOne

As you said we have a better record than the Hornets, and we play much harder.

Bobcats are good at home but letting SJ kill us for a carear high is just stupid. Especially when we have two very good defenders in Ariza and Battier.

With the Heat it is the same thing you guys have no player outside of Wade (that play on a nightly bases) letting him go for 35+ and allowing every start to score in double digits just should not happen.

We are just better than all 3 of those teams.

Again, their record picked up since CP3 returned. Yes, the Rockets are better than them, but not by enough for these games to be guaranteed wins.

With the Bobcats and Heat, whether one player "went off" or not, the team still beat the Rockets. Either way, though, the Rockets aren't better than the Heat, and the Bobcats have proven to be able to hang with and beat any team in the league, as I've said so many times.

Anyway, losing to these 5 teams still aren't an indicator of being "figured out". Three of these teams are better than the Rockets, and the other two were no guaranteed win. Wait at least 5 more games to draw conclusions.

Edited by Poe

Again, their record picked up since CP3 returned. Yes, the Rockets are better than them, but not by enough for these games to be guaranteed wins.

With the Bobcats and Heat, whether one player "went off" or not, the team still beat the Rockets. Either way, though, the Rockets aren't better than the Heat, and the Bobcats have proven to be able to hang with and beat any team in the league, as I've said so many times.

Anyway, losing to these 5 teams still aren't an indicator of being "figured out". Three of these teams are better than the Rockets, and the other two were no guaranteed win. Wait at least 5 more games to draw conclusions.

I am not saying that they are guaranteed wins, no game is a guaranteed win. They are just games that I expect us to win thats all. Just losing to one player always hurts, especially when you have the players to stop that one player or at least contain him.

I am not saying that they are guaranteed wins, no game is a guaranteed win. They are just games that I expect us to win thats all. Just losing to one player always hurts, especially when you have the players to stop that one player or at least contain him.

You can't lose to one player. Basketball is 5 v 5.

http://rlv.zcache.com/barack_obama_you_mad_flyer-p2445590346952536242mcvz_400.jpg

Nah man, it takes alot more to make me mad. Just a little annoyed.

EDIT: Nice job on finding a new you mad pic, at least this one is new to me.

Edited by ChosenOne

Looking at the Rockets, they have two offensive non-factors in their starting lineup, Ariza's been terrible, and Scola's not exactly dominating. Defensively, Battier's having his worst season that I can remember, Ariza's not a lock-down defender, and Scola's only average.

Playing hard will get you so far, but the Rockets really need to either clamp down defensively or get better play from Ariza or Battier.