Lack Of Work Ethic To Blame For Hornets' 2006 Draft Busts

Jeff Bower and the Hornets selected Hilton Armstrong and Cedric Simmons in the 2006 NBA Draft, while passing on players such as Rajon Rondo and Paul Millsap.

Both players were disappointments and are no longer with the club.

"In my first year with San Antonio, I was there early to work out, " said Devin Brown, who played for the Hornets in 2006-07 when Armstrong and Simmons were rookies. "But all the time that I've been here, I didn't see them (Armstrong or Simmons) do that. So basically, they had no development of post moves, and they kind of got thrown into the fire.

"You cannot do that at this level. You have to spend time and work on things because guys are going to take certain moves away, and you must have counter moves. They did a little bit, but not what they should have been doing."

"I would have been much more satisfied had (they) developed into more effective contributors," Bower said. "For a young player to be successful, his rate of improvement has to be steady and his opportunity to perform has got to be a continual sign of growth."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64073/20100116/lack_of_work_ethic_to_blame_for_hornets_2006_draft_busts/