Nate, Wallace, Brown To Compete In Dunk Contest

Doc

Nate Robinson of the New York Knicks will attempt to become the first three-time winner of the slam dunk competition when he defends his title in Dallas. Robinson will compete against the Charlotte Bobcats’ Gerald Wallace and the Los Angeles Lakers’ Shannon Brown.

The Toronto Raptors’ DeMar DeRozan and the Los Angeles Clippers’ Eric Gordon will compete in the NBA All-Star Slam Dunk-In, a single-round slam dunk competition that will be held at halftime of the Rookie Challenge.

LeBron James announced during last year's dunk contest that he would compete this season, but he is not scheduled to appear. Many have speculated that LeBron would be allowed to compete up until the start of the contest, should he change his mind.

Lame go away nate

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64103/20100118/no_lebron_as_nate_wallace_brown_to_compete_in_dunk_contest/

• Owner
LeBron James announced during last year's dunk contest that he would compete this season, but he is not scheduled to appear. Many have speculated that LeBron would be allowed to compete up until the start of the contest, should he change his mind.

In other words, he's going to show up, jump in at the last second to shock the crowd, and win the contest. :rolleyes:

And Gerald Wallace? Really? Eric Gordon shouldn't even be in the "dunk-in" to begin with, either. Sad that the league can't put in real creative dunkers.

GO SHANNON BROWN!

Damn LeBron got my hopes up for this year. I am not saying that these participants are rubbish, but if LeBron joined this could've been a really special slam dunk contest. Now it's pretty much all Shannon Brown.

Nate Robinson of the New York Knicks will attempt to become the first three-time winner of the slam dunk competition when he defends his title in Dallas. Robinson will compete against the Charlotte Bobcats’ Gerald Wallace and the Los Angeles Lakers’ Shannon Brown.

http://julie.ghostfruit.net/random/noooooo.gif

In other words, he's going to show up, jump in at the last second to shock the crowd, and win the contest. :rolleyes:

And Gerald Wallace? Really? Eric Gordon shouldn't even be in the "dunk-in" to begin with, either. Sad that the league can't put in real creative dunkers.

GO SHANNON BROWN!

You don't agree with Wallace?

I think he'd do alot better in his 2nd dunk contest.

I look forward to seeing Wallace and Shannon.

I would actually like to see LeBron enter and see what tricks he pull off, though I'm no fan of his showboating. The fact that he's been so indecisive is just showing that he's trying to draw attention to himself. He'll probably show up last minute like Real said to increase the excitement level and basically guarantee his chances own of winning... doesn't leave much room left to respect him for.

If Nate wins this contest I will officially boycott the Dunk Contest for the rest of my basketball watching life. I cannot stand the guy and he is the most overrated dunker I have ever seen in my life.

Might as well throw Chris Andersen into the contest again too. :rolleyes:

So.. only 3 people in the dunk contest and...

The Toronto Raptors’ DeMar DeRozan and the Los Angeles Clippers’ Eric Gordon will compete in the NBA All-Star Slam Dunk-In, a single-round slam dunk competition that will be held at halftime of the Rookie Challenge.

WTFF.. terrible idea