Should LT call it quits?

ChosenOne

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not sure if San Diego needs him to be a good team anymore, that's the thing... I think you guys could let LT go and still be a top contender. I'm sure he won't call it quits just yet, he could still help out a few teams with absolutely no running game. Plus you never know what can happen on a new team, he could have an up year.

730 yards and 12 TD's is a downer now i suppose lol.

Anyways, he's still got the tools to be a Power Back in this league, but he isn't good enough to be an every down back anymore. He'd be great on a team w/2 RB's to share the carries, or a Wild Cat offense IMO.

If the Chargers get a HB via draft or FA, i could see them keeping LT to split carries/mentor the draftee.

In any case, if the Chargers ultimately release him, i'd LOVE him in a Pats Uniform :D

Edited by Celtics3420

730 yards and 12 TD's is a downer now i suppose lol.

Anyways, he's still got the tools to be a Power Back in this league, but he isn't good enough to be an every down back anymore. He'd be great on a team w/2 RB's to share the carries, or a Wild Cat offense IMO.

If the Chargers get a HB via draft or FA, i could see them keeping LT to split carries/mentor the draftee.

In any case, if the Chargers ultimately release him, i'd LOVE him in a Pats Uniform :D

he had a horrible YPC, he's in and out of the lineup, and isn't nearly as quick as he used to be. and he doesn't have the tools to be a power back. he has the tools to be a decent 5-10 carry guy per game, but not the featured back.

he had a horrible YPC, he's in and out of the lineup, and isn't nearly as quick as he used to be. and he doesn't have the tools to be a power back. he has the tools to be a decent 5-10 carry guy per game, but not the featured back.

Sadly I think the same.

We should try to get a back from the draft this year.

No hes only 32 or so? He got plenty of football to play. Idk what it is maybe it not LT maybe it the oline that cant block for him? And don't the Chargers throw more than they run? It seems when LT run for a yard or 2 they will throw then they end up in 3rd and long situation and it seems they lost faith in LT.

If they cut him the Chargers are dumb because i still think he can play at a higher level they just gotta use him right.

Thats what i was saying, He could still be effective splitting carries with someone and being the Goal Line back. Just cause you lose your speed doesn't mean you lose your power. That combo of speed+Power was what Made LT the best a few years back, and it's what's making CJ/AP the best right now.

LT lost that speed, but not his power. I can see him in a Marion Barber-esq role. Power back/Goal line back getting 12-14 carries a game and get the call for goal line duties.

Thats what i was saying, He could still be effective splitting carries with someone and being the Goal Line back. Just cause you lose your speed doesn't mean you lose your power. That combo of speed+Power was what Made LT the best a few years back, and it's what's making CJ/AP the best right now.

LT lost that speed, but not his power. I can see him in a Marion Barber-esq role. Power back/Goal line back getting 12-14 carries a game and get the call for goal line duties.

Except for Marion Barber couldn't execute a dive play or short yardage attempt to save his life. It's almost painful watching Dallas get a simple yard or so.

About Tomlinson. No, I don't think he should retire, definitely not yet. Still some gas left in the tank.

I hope he doesn't retire. He's not an elite RB anymore, but I still think he has enough gas left in the tank to be productive. I really, really hope he wins a Super Bowl (or at least gets to one) before his career is over. And hopefully it's in San Diego.