Memphis Advanced Stats Guy on True Hoop

Most of America has not seen the Grizzlies much. I think they have played one nationally televised game. As someone who has watched them play a lot, what's working?

When we're playing really well, you're really seeing us move the ball, snap it around the perimeter, high-post, Gasol and Randolph playing really well together ... one play, as we talked about, Randolph will step outside. On the next play, Gasol will hit that shot or dump it into Randolph posting up, where he has that nice hook shot coming through the lane.

And it really is amazing watching Zach Randolph battle on the boards. You can't even really see him battle. You just see him come up with it.

The ball's like a magnet to his hands.

It's amazing. I heard the broadcast team, Sean Tuohy and Pete Pranica, mention the other day that Randolph has hardly any dunks this season. It's amazing that a guy can get so many rebounds playing his game so close to the floor. Hope for people like you and me who can only imagine really being able to jump.

And what is Rudy Gay doing better?

He's able to jump over everybody. Every shot he takes, I'm sure, feels like an easy shot. When he's playing really well, he's creating open shots for everybody else.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/12407/the-grizzlies-stat-geek-speaks