Artest: "Cleveland Is 'Nothing' Without LeBron"

I don't see the comparison as far as individual players go, except for Moon being a deadman's version of Wallace

And you saw the comparision between individual players with the Nets example that you used? :huh:

At least with the Cavs and Cats you have Parker and Bell, both solid veteran defenders who are good shooters and the Moon - Wallace comparision that you hinted on. At this stage of Shaq's career, Okafor and Shaq are much more similar than Lopez and Shaq if you ask me.

I wasn't really trying to make individual comparisions though. More along the lines of a good, solid defensive team 1 through 5 with little offensive punch. Even if the Nets weren't tanking, I still don't think that they would be very good defensively.

Really though, I agree with the general idea of what you are saying.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

And you saw the comparision between individual players with the Nets example that you used? :huh:

I saw a comparison between Harris and Mo being combo guards with a scoring mindset, Courtney and Parker being role playing wings who aren't relied on to create their own shot, and Lopez being almost like a new Shaq as far as being the main option in the post. I suppose Moon/Hickson versus Roberts/Yi would be like substituting defense for offense.

Still, I think we at least agree with the general idea that the Cavs simply aren't nearly as good without LeBron.

The way the Cavs' team is set up, they completely revolve around him. Maybe some could say the same thing about the Lakers, but they at least have players who can create (Gasol, Bynum, and Odom on a good day). The Cavs just have matchup pieces for defense, and players that can shoot and space the floor on offense. With LeBron as the focal point, they are a 60+ win team. Without him, they become a team that solely relies on their defense to win games with no real first option offensively, therefore a 30 win team at best... kind of like the Bobcats before getting Jackson. So I suppose you're right when it comes to comparing those teams collectively.

The Nets also have Dooling, Williams, and Humphries. Maybe not quite as good in comparison, but they are also capable role players.

But you're right, they are tanking... for a reason. They couldn't get very far with VC, so without him.. might as well tank all the way down and get an extra piece or two for next year.

Anyway, the Cavs originally tanked to get LeBron, so if they lose him, well.. let's just say history tends to repeat itself.

You lost your credibility when you compared Delonte, Z, and Andy to those three scrubs, as good as they may be in your opinion. They pale in comparison to those three on the Cavs....come on dude.

You lost your credibility when you compared Delonte, Z, and Andy to those three scrubs, as good as they may be in your opinion. They pale in comparison to those three on the Cavs....come on dude.

Keyon Dooling last year averaged 9.7 points, 3.5 assists, and 2.0 rebounds in 26 minutes off the bench.

Delonte West last year averaged 11.7 points, 3.5 assists, and 3.2 rebounds in 34 minutes as a starter.

For New Jersey, Kris Humphries is averaging 12.2 points, 6.7 rebounds, and .7 blocks in 23.5 minutes off the bench.

This year, Anderson Varejao averages 8.3 points, 8 rebounds, and 1.0 blocks in 30 minutes off the bench.

In his rookie year, Terence Williams is only averaging 7 points, 3.7 boards, and 1.6 assists in 20 minutes off the bench.

With Big Z getting old, he's only averaging 7.4 points, 5.4 rebounds, and .8 blocks in 21 minutes off the bench.

There is more than enough comparison. Come on dude.

Take Dirk off the Mavs, D-Will off the Jazz, CP3 off the Hornets, D-Wade off the Heat, KG off the Celts (look how bad they had been), Durant off the Thunder, Kobe off the Lakers (we've seen how he is relied on this year).......it's so overstated that it's just the Cavs that would "suck" without LeBron. For all the teams above, there would also be a substantial drop off.

This.

It's kinda true. Cleveland doesn't have much offense at all besides LeBron. I've seen them fail so many times on the offensive end while James was on the bench.

However I think without LBJ, they would be fighting for the last few spots in the east maybe. They will still have good defense.