Dionte Christmas makes Sixers summer league roster

The Sixers extended an invitation to former Temple standout Dionte Christmas, who wasn’t picked in Thursday night’s NBA Draft, to join the team’s combined summer league team with the Nets at the Orlando Pro Summer League.

Christmas apparently decided to accept the offer and will report to Central Florida on July 2 for a brief mini-camp preceding the July 6-10 games. He averaged 19.5 points and 5.8 rebounds last season for the Owls.

Rookie first-round pick Jrue Holiday and second-year forward/center Marreese Speights will lead the Sixers’ contingent to Orlando. NBDL guard Blake Ahearn is also on the Sixers’ roster.

Link

Meant to post this before things happened they did..but I really hope dude puts on a good showing and makes the reg season roster.

I wouldn't count on Dionte making the team. I think this is more to get people happy that the Temple star might make the team. He's a good player, but I don't think he'll be able to flourish at the NBA level. Good luck to him though.

I loved watching Christmas play back at Temple, and I was pretty surprised he went undrafted. I thought he would have gone at the end of the second. But I am happy he is now on your summer league roster, good pickup and I really hope he has success and makes the team.