Five Year Anniversary!

Real Deal

Happy anniversary everyone!

My username was desi tmac91 for the first 2-3 years here but then I decided to change it to Dash about a year ago.

I can't recall much right now, some have already been posted but the '2008 Election' thread was one of my all-time favorites...so much win!

Or how about the Rockets curse thread? Remember when Lone Wolf called out Slaven's curse and then Al Jefferson busted his knee the same day :lol:

I think I joined in 07, but I knew about the place for maybe a year before I joined. Out of all forums I've ever been on, this is the one that I can always trust the ownership. RD has kept this place up and running no matter what and the members who have stayed loyal have kept this place popular and it's lead to a forum with even more potential.

I've always been CF on here. Not many memories except I got really nervous when RD sad he was gonna leave (as part of his idea to get the hacker), and I really thought the forum would end.

Congrats!

• Owner

I REALLY wish I had that topic now, the one where I told everyone I was gone, closing the board, etc. There were a few of you that were laying into me, also...can't remember now, but I do know that the ones that were actually surprised me, haha.

By the way, there was no relationship between that hacker and the one that actually got in and deleted everything. At least I don't think so...never did connect the two. And the message left behind that was said to be from "moot" over at 4chan, that's impossible, because he would never do that. I can't say whether or not someone else from there was involved, though, but it definitely wasn't moot.

• Like 1

• Owner

If I add the dark skin (and there's a chance I will), it won't be the default...and the biggest problem is that you guys will be switching from dark to light (and back to dark) when you visit the team forums, which may turn people off from them.

Plus, it won't be done within the next month, for sure. There's a lot of things I need to get done here, especially those damn team banners. That's the #1 priority right now, and I'll be finishing those up tonight up until the weekend (hopefully, they'll be done by then).

Maybe if the dark skin becomes super-popular, we'll move it to default...but that means team forums will have to be re-done, so I don't know guys.

• Like 1

Who has been here since the start that still posts here?

Me

Paul

Brandon

Martellis

Dee

Ben

Jer

Aaron

Cryle

Smithers

Slaven (i know he is banned)

But damn man, this is crazy. I was 13 when I joined up here. We were all about the same age. We used to go from talking about middle school to high school and now everyone talks about college. Next, we are all going to be on here when we are 40, we would have all met up with each other and planned a big OTR Reunion and have about 6 kids a piece.

But damn man, this is crazy. I was 13 when I joined up here. We were all about the same age. We used to go from talking about middle school to high school and now everyone talks about college. Next, we are all going to be on here when we are 40, we would have all met up with each other and planned a big OTR Reunion and have about 6 kids a piece.

Word that is crazy. Times flies so fast, its crazy. I signed up here in July of 05...so I basically am an original member.

I've been here for two of the five years. I remember joining and not knowing what a message board was. I also remember spending the first couple weeks in the arcade. :lol: It took me a while to realize that OTR wasn't such a ridiculously complicated website with a ridiculously large community.

I have registered at several other message boards, but I haven't been able to actively post anywhere for more than a week except here. Being here for some time, you start taking for granted Brandon's dedication to the forums. As much as it's mentioned, you don't realize what it means before seeing that this community has been cruising for five years. You would never guess that this message board was hacked seven months ago.

By the way, OTR reached 500 subscribers on YouTube a couple days before the fifth anniversary.

This is a huge accomplishment for any forum! Congrats RD for keeping it going for so long. This is pretty much the only forum I'm a part of at the moment and I don't see that stopping any time soon. :)

I've been around for a year or so now. Used my current name for most of it but also used the name Bernie's Dugout for a short stint in the off season.

The first name i signed up from was ThaMessiah but i lost this site in my bookmarks then eventually i asked JL what was this site again, but i forgot what was my name then i signed up as MainEv3nt and the rest was history!

lmao i saw what smitty said me vs slaven in aim chats, that [expletive] was epic i use to go off on slaven like every late night had everyone laughing...cept for one person of course.

also i rem when smitty got pissed, left otr an like few hours or maybe a day later he came back brett favre status.