Vince Carter's Numbers In January

I knew that Carter was struggling mightily this season, but I looked at his numbers in January and was absolutely blown away by how awful he was during this month. Check out his numbers this month:

9.2 ppg

2.7 rpg

2.3 apg

29.3 FG%

22.9 3PT%

27.6 mpg

I haven't watched a single Magic game this month, so I can't really comment on anything specific. I just couldn't believe my eyes as to just how poorly Carter has been playing this past month.

It seems like the Magic are winning games inspite of Carter. Is that the case? If so, how much better would this team be with Carter playing like the Carter of even last season?

• Owner

I actually don't like Carter on this team, and I've been against the trade since it happened. Lee doesn't fit with New Jersey, either, and Hedo's best contributions came out of Orlando's offense.

Carter doesn't facilitate like Hedo. Instead, he takes shots away from Dwight, which is a problem.

Orlando has basically went away from what made them the conference champs last year, and I truly think that's why they'll be eliminated in the second round.

I actually don't like Carter on this team, and I've been against the trade since it happened. Lee doesn't fit with New Jersey, either, and Hedo's best contributions came out of Orlando's offense.

Carter doesn't facilitate like Hedo. Instead, he takes shots away from Dwight, which is a problem.

Orlando has basically went away from what made them the conference champs last year, and I truly think that's why they'll be eliminated in the second round.

I agree. Terrible trade for Orlando.

Plus, it's not like VC plays beyond his numbers. His defense has been terrible.

I watched practically every Nets game last year, and he was very good. Even underrated if you ask me.

But he just doesn't seem to fit on this team. I imagined he would have made the proper adjustments considering how motivated he should be, playing for a contender and his home town.

He shoots way too many threes. He's just not playing his style like he did with the Nets where he dribbled the ball more and wasn't just a spot up shooter.

Well it's not like he's shooting more threes than he usually does. Last year he averaged 4.9 threes a game, and shot 38.5%. This year he's shooting 4.6 threes a game, a majority of them uncontested, and they're just not going down.

Edit: It's not just this month that he's been playing poorly.

October (only two games):

15.5 ppg

1.5 rpg

3.5 apg

55.0 FG%

62.5 3PT%

20.5 mpg

November:

20.6 ppg

5.5 rpg

2.1 apg

40.4 FG%