Rookies or Vets?

Jenneral

Rookies or Vets  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm just curious as to which type of players you like to watch more.

I personally like to watch the fresh-faced rookies such as Tyreke Evans and Brandon Jennings instead of seasons vets such as Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan. Both have their strengths and I could see why someone would like either.

For me I just like seeing young players succeed in the league. I also like seeing some fresh faces put up all-star like numbers proving that regardless of age, one lottery pick can truly change the fortunes of a franchise.

So which is it, do you prefer Rookies, or Vets?

I like the Rookies because I typically watch them from the high school level. Since ther is hardly any loyalty in sports anymore I watch them early to create my own. Its cool watching them grow in the league. Like the other day I was just in awe at Kobe's Laker feat passing West. I could remember when he rocked that Charlotte jersey.

The vets have come and gone. I just want to see the rookies shut all the Jordan is the greatest talk.

Edited by crabbylion

I like the Rookies because I typically watch them from the high school level. Since ther is hardly any loyalty in sports anymore I watch them early to create my own. Its cool watching them grow in the league. Like the other day I was just in awe at Kobe's Laker feat passing West. I could remember when he rocked that Charlotte jersey.

The vets have come and gone. I just want to see the rookies shut all the Jordan is the greatest talk.

How do you watch HS games?

• Owner

Technically, veteran players are those who have spent 10+ years in the league.

And I'll take vets over rookies. Let's put it this way...

Tyreke Evans

Brandon Jennings

Stephen Curry

OR

Kobe Bryant

Steve Nash

Dirk Nowitzki

Which group would more than likely give you a mistake-free game? Which group would more than likely give you clutch shots and game-winners? Which would take over the games? Which would you learn more basketball from?

For me, it's a no-brainer.

I've never thought of it like this. I can't say either way; Rookies have a curious nature to them that makes them entertaining, but vets have found their niche and have identified their role in the game. It's a case by case basis.

Obviously the top vets are more experienced and thus will more often than not be more successful than the top rookies. I'm just saying that some rookies (or even other young players) seem to be playing for more of a purpose - a roster spot. They play with heart and often provide a lot of energy.

Sure the rookies make some mistakes, but that's part of the fun watching them try to adjust to the league.