Could the Saints be dominant?

La Bomba

They were talking about this on Sportscenter.

Considering that the Saints are below average team in terms of youth, could they win another Super Bowl or two down the road?

Edited by Sublime

Anything can happen between now and next season. Brees is 31 years old, sharper will be a f/a, Reggie bush is a question mark whether he will be with the saints next year or end up as a f/a and possible the seahawks. There defense is also very average and could be even worse next season if sharper heads out. Anyway, I have a strange feeling next season is going to be the year of the romo.

Yep, assuming that offense stays in tact. They should look to improve their defense though, imagine if they got Darelle Revis or something, holy crap they would be insane. :o

They have Jabari Greer, their own shutdown corner. He's done it all year, just like Revis, but the Saints' defense isn't as heralded as the Jets' defense. They need to add a 15-sack per year defensive end, who can do what Freeney does for Indianapolis. Will Smith is great defensive end, to the extent of underrated, but Charles Grant is turrible and he definitely needs to be replaced. A guy like Greg Hardy at #32 could be beneficial.

I don't know, climbing to the top is hard, but retaining that with a target on your back is extremely tough to do, because not only do you need to have the skill to do it, but you need to be relatively healthy. They have the talent, but there are so many factors that apply here. I'd bet on no.

no other team other than the Patriots and Steelers have won superbowls consitently because its that hard. Giants were a great team and won but has not seen success since then, same with the Colts, Bucs, Ravens. The last four teams to win besides Pats and Steelers. Saints will get this one superbowl and faulter after this because you have to be REALLY good to win back to backs. The Patriots and Steelers have had the management, players, and coaches to do so. So have the Colts..but they're a huge fail every year.

If they can manage to keep Bush then yes.

Bush is one of the least important players to this year's success. He's a scat back who can make plays in the backfield and sometimes lineup at wide receiver. For every amazing game he has, he has five bad ones.

Bush is one of the least important players to this year's success. He's a scat back who can make plays in the backfield and sometimes lineup at wide receiver. For every amazing game he has, he has five bad ones.

Yeah in the regular season he is a no one, but you cant tell me he was a no factor this year in the playoffs. They would not have reached the SuperBowl unless they had him.

Yeah in the regular season he is a no one, but you cant tell me he was a no factor this year in the playoffs. They would not have reached the SuperBowl unless they had him.

He had one good game. All his other games could be replaced by a scat back that asks for less money.

And that one good game got them to the Superbowl if he had not had that good game they would have lost.

You can't base your reasoning to keep a player that gets paid over 8 million dollars a year off one good game. Elite players with his salary have games like that all season long.

hes right, Reggie Bush is def not worth keeping they have Pierre Thomas. I'd love Reggie though :wub:

no offense, but i've come the conclusion you know nothing about football.

first of all, in order to be successful, you need more than just one HB. Just because they have Pierre Thomas who is a good, not even a great player, doesn't mean Bush isn't worth keeping. Second of all, you said the Jets weren't in the super bowl material column even when they made the AFC champ. with a rookie qb? lulz.

bush is CERTAINLY worth keeping. if anything he's a major distraction and someone that defenses all across the league have to gameplan for. he's so versatile, i'd use him more as a wr then rb, but with his pr returning abilities as well, bush is certainly a valuable asset to any team.

no offense, but i've come the conclusion you know nothing about football.

first of all, in order to be successful, you need more than just one HB. Just because they have Pierre Thomas who is a good, not even a great player, doesn't mean Bush isn't worth keeping. Second of all, you said the Jets weren't in the super bowl material column even when they made the AFC champ. with a rookie qb? lulz.

bush is CERTAINLY worth keeping. if anything he's a major distraction and someone that defenses all across the league have to gameplan for. he's so versatile, i'd use him more as a wr then rb, but with his pr returning abilities as well, bush is certainly a valuable asset to any team.

no offense, but i have to say YOU know nothing about football.

1. Why pay Reggie big bucks when they can draft or sign another RB to go with Thomas, isn't that what was expected to happen in the 1st place? Reggie is one of my fav players and even i agree on that

2. Sigh...Colts and Bengals gave them the last two W's, they went on a hot streak into the AFC championship and got pancaked. They won't have the same luck next season, stop being so naiive.

no offense, but i have to say YOU know nothing about football.

1. Why pay Reggie big bucks when they can draft or sign another RB to go with Thomas, isn't that what was expected to happen in the 1st place? Reggie is one of my fav players and even i agree on that

2. Sigh...Colts and Bengals gave them the last two W's, they went on a hot streak into the AFC championship and got pancaked. They won't have the same luck next season, stop being so naiive.

got pancaked? they played that game pretty darn well against Indianapolis. did they get beat by the better team? absolutely. but they were winning at halftime.

and like i said, i'm a giants fan, NOT a jets fan. i just have watched them enough to say they are certainly super bowl material.

and yeah it depends on what bush wants. is he a F.A. this year? i thought you were suggesting cutting him from the team. if he wants a lot of money, then yeah, i would consider moving on. but at the right price and if he's even a F.A. i would certainly keep him. i rather have him than pierre thomas.

got pancaked? they played that game pretty darn well against Indianapolis. did they get beat by the better team? absolutely. but they were winning at halftime.

and like i said, i'm a giants fan, NOT a jets fan. i just have watched them enough to say they are certainly super bowl material.

and yeah it depends on what bush wants. is he a F.A. this year? i thought you were suggesting cutting him from the team. if he wants a lot of money, then yeah, i would consider moving on. but at the right price and if he's even a F.A. i would certainly keep him. i rather have him than pierre thomas.

i finally agree with you. except for the jets.