Beasley for Amare?

xx.

Don't understand why this deal is not done yet. Amare is a decent 2nd option offensively, he needs a legit big next to him since he isn't a C. But this is a great start in helping keep Wade, Amare is a star. Beasley is as good a young player you could ever ask for someone like Amare.

Really really dumb move for Miami. So you want Amare just so you can still get knocked out of the 1st round or 2nd round at best? Then watch Amare leave in Free agency and have Wade follow right behind him, only to realize you dont have your high draft pick Beasley anymore. Then you are left with nothing.

Beasley knows about this. My friend is one of the ball boys and he said he was talking about it.

Pretty stupid move for us. We could sign any other center in FA and still keep Beasley. We aren't dumb enough to do this.

I think I can see how this trade might work. Now that I think about it, I'm actually ALL FOR this trade, if it includes the right people from the Heat's end.

If it's Q-Rich and Beasley for Amare, then that's perfect. If the Heat can throw Jones' contract in there as well, then that's even better.

New rotation:

Rafer Alston

Dwyane Wade

Dorell Wright

Amar'e Stoudemire

Jermaine O'Neal

Mario Chalmers/Carlos Arroyo

Daequan Cook

Udonis Haslem

Joel Anthony

-This leaves a lot of room to gain more minutes and a higher role for Dorell Wright. Watching him these past couple games, he's ready for it. He's combined for 19 points (10-12 FG, 2-4 3PT), 10 assists, 8 rebounds, and 0 turnovers in about 50 minutes total. His abilities to both make plays with and without the ball, plus length defensively and his improved 3 point shooting, will all compliment this line up perfectly.

-Daequan Cook will also gain a larger role off the bench, and will be expected to provide some decent scoring and range. He's had a nagging shoulder injury throughout the year that has apparently been a major factor to his horrendous shooting, but I think that's gone now. He played fantastic against the Hawks scoring 17 points (7-12 FG, 3-5 3PT). Over the past 7 games he's played in, he's shot 11-28 from 3. Not fantastic numbers, but a much-needed improvement from his overall shooting performance this year. He's gotten even hotter the past two games. I think it's safe to say that "he's back".

-Aside from the affects of the move itself, Jermaine O'Neal has played great ball himself recently.

His numbers for the past three games:

- @Atlanta - 19 points (9-13 FG, 1-2 FT), 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks, 36 minutes.

- Houston - 10 points (4-9 FG, 2-4 FT), 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks, 28 minutes.

- @Chicago - 24 points (9-16 FG, 6-7 FT), 16 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 blocks, 37 mintes.

That production has been mainly 2 things. 1) More aggressiveness from Jermaine, and 2) More involvement on the offensive end (more touches), plus an adjustment to his playing time by Spo.

-And lastly, the impact from Amar'e Stoudemire himself. He's a much better rebounder than Beasley, and he'll provide a much need rebounding presence and overall toughness for the Heat. This guy is also much more experienced than Beasley. Beasley has a great upside, but Amar'e is already "there". He'll make Miami into a much more attractive place for free agents this summer if he chooses to stay, and his experience will also be much needed by playoff time, whereas Beasley may still be "growing" and trying to keep up with the rest of the team.

Overall, as much as I'd hate to see Beasley go, if Miami gives up the right pieces, this could prove to be a great move for both teams. Nash will help Beasley tremendously with his growth, and Amar'e will provide the experience needed for the Heat to win a championship next year when they grab Joe Johnson, or some other all star wingman that can the seal the deal for the Heat.

the bottom line is though..they can get amare (or bosh/boozer/lebron/joe johnson etc. etc.) without losing beasley in the off-season

Amare + Joe Johnson > Beasley + Amare OR Bosh

Not that the individual talents equal greater value, but I'd rather of have two good players who play different positions than two players with the exact same skillset who score in the same areas.

Wade is a combo guard, Joe Johnson is a versatile wing player, and Amare is a versatile big. Much better group to compliment each others' game.

And I'm just using Joe Johnson as an example. T-Mac or Rudy Gay would also be valuable assets from the free agent market.

I heard that the Heat are aggressively perusing Amare because they believe that they won't be getting Bosh in FA this year. :)

I believe that, too. Even if he was available, I still doubt that he'd come to Miami. He's got a great situation going for him in Toronto, and hasn't shown much signs of wanting to leave.

I think that the three biggest names (Wade, Bron, and Bosh) will all wind up staying that their respective teams this summer.

Edited by Poe

• Owner

The Heat won't have the money to pay Joe Johnson after they give Wade and Amare their contracts. You still need money for other players...can't just let them all expire.

And if there was a possibility that Amare takes less, or Wade, or even Joe...Jermaine doesn't return, and Haslem is definitely history as well.

If the Heat want Wade, Amare and Joe Johnson...they will be signing minimum contracts the rest of the way. No Jermaine, no Haslem, no Chalmers, and no Wright.

McGrady is an option, sure...but I doubt he'll do much for Miami. He's a point-forward by instinct and design. You have no choice but to put the ball in his hands OR Dwyane Wade's hands...and I don't think there should be any debate regarding who to pick.

Rudy Gay will get paid. With Memphis playing decent basketball, if they don't snag a big-name FA, they will give Gay the longer (and possibly most expensive) contract among all the active teams during the FA period.

Sure, Amare and Wade will get their money. Perhaps that will lessen the chances of getting Joe Johnson as well, and that's actually fine with me if the Heat manage to get a guy like T-Mac instead, who I firmly believe is still capable of being a prolific scorer and would score roughly 20 ppg for the Heat.

I don't mind if T-Mac will need the ball in his hands to make plays. Wade can do plenty himself without the ball, and he's always wanted a guy in the perimeter who can take some pressure off of him, which is why he urged Riley to get OJ Mayo in the draft.

I wouldn't want Jermaine to return anyway, and I don't mind that. If you have Wade, T-Mac, and Amare on the same team, there won't be enough touches for him. With those three guys, that will peak the interest of veteran role players in the late stages of their career like Marcus Camby, who would be in charge of the dirty work while the stars stuff the stats.

With those three stars, all they need is a non-ball-dominant PG. Steve Blake will definitely be available with the PG overload in Portland.

I'd be way more than satisfied with a starting line up of:

Steve Blake

Dwyane Wade

Tracy McGrady

Amar'e Stoudemire

Marcus Camby

Also, doesn't Chalmers have a team option? He could be useful off the bench if he gets his head straightened out. If not, I'm sure Alston has a good chance of staying for cheap.

Thing about Haslem and Wright is that I fear they could leave either way. Haslem is very loyal, but there are also many areas to his game that he hasn't been put in a position to display, since he's so dedicated to being that "dirty work" guy for the Heat. If he could leave for more money and a better role, he might do it. Hopefully the chance at a championship, and possibly playing with an old friend (Steve Blake), could perhaps convince him otherwise.

Wright is showing more and more of his upside by the day. He may leave for a team that will maximize his talents, sort of like what Ariza did with LA, though I believe Wright actually has all star capabilities. If Q-Rich leaves, that may also take away some loyalty he has with the Heat team.

So, anyway, basically what I'm saying is that the Heat roster after 2010 is still in question whether this move is made or not, yet they could remain with enough room to bring some solid role-playing pieces to put around Wade and Stoudemire to create a championship caliber squad, even if it doesn't include a huge name.

• Owner
Steve Blake

Dwyane Wade

Tracy McGrady

Amar'e Stoudemire

Marcus Camby

And you really believe that will happen in a year's time? Technically, that's five free agents signing contracts in 2010...all legit starters, by the way.

And you really believe that will happen in a year's time? Technically, that's five free agents signing contracts in 2010...all legit starters, by the way.

The Heat will have at least 9 or 10 free agent signing contracts anyway if they don't make a trade. With the ideal trade scenario of Jones, Q, and Beasley for Amare, that will make 11 with Daequan Cook as the ONLY guaranteed contract left on the entire team.

The players I mentioned all have some sort of direct or indirect connection to the Heat, except for Marcus Camby, who I put in there just because he's such an ideal option. Other center FAs include Tyson Chandler, Joel Przybilla, Ben Wallace, Kurt Thomas, and Brandon Haywood. I feel Marcus Camby would be the best option because he's a player who contributes in the gaps the Heat will need filled in having three stars, and he's potentially a cheap pick up.

The Heat will have at least 9 or 10 free agent signing contracts anyway if they don't make a trade. With the ideal trade scenario of Jones, Q, and Beasley for Amare, that will make 11 with Daequan Cook as the ONLY guaranteed contract left on the entire team.

Well the current offer is JO and Beasley for Amar'e.