Beasley for Amare?

xx.

Quoting realgm...

Miami is proposing a number of different packages and president Pat Riley is making anyone short of Dwyane Wade available.

"Nobody is pushing harder on this than Riley," one league source said.

The Heat have proposed scenarios involving young players like Michael Beasley and expiring contracts like Jermaine O'Neal. In addition, they are willing to trade their 2010 first-round pick.

It says "expiring contracts like Jermaine O'Neal". Quentin Richardson is another pretty large expiring contract.

Anyway, we'll see what happens with this, if it even happens at all.

I personally think that A'mare is a better version of Kenyon Martin. A solid player whose stats were upgraded because he played with a great PG. Giving up Beasley, who could be a star in the future, doesn't worth it in my books especially knowing that A'mare is more than likely going to leave next season.

I don't think Amare is what we need. He is mainly an offensive force which is what we get from O'Neal on certain nights. I think Beasley is more important to us than Amare. Also, we are giving too much, I heard it would be Beasley, O'Neal, and our 1st round pick.

I think we should sign one big FA [if its not a big man], and then sign a cheap veteran center. Look at the Cavs, they don't have a bunch of stars, they just have solid role players. That is all we need, we don't need an all-star team to succeed. I was thinking something like this.

PG: Joe Johnson

SG: Wade

SF: Beasley

PF: Haslem ?

C: Marcus Camby

Then we have Wright, Chalmers, our draft pick off the bench and we need to sign more. I don't know how much money all that is, but it sounds right. We can't sign too many people because we won't have enough money to have a bench.

One target I am interested in is David Lee, he is an unrestricted FA and he is really underrated.

No we don't need Amare. I don't think he is going to put us over the top this season. I would rather walk away keeping my young player and then try to sign a cheaper big man in FA.

Yes Amare is a great player, I would love to have him, but not at the price they are asking for.

Edited by SRV

Knowing us this is what will happen, this is why I don't like it.

Lets say we do this trade. We now have Amare and Wade, they both expire in the off season. If we still suck, then Amare will be like, this is not what I was expecting, so he will bounce. Then since Wade won't have another star player guaranteed and because we suck, he will also leave. So not only would we have traded Beasley, we would be stuck with Chalmers as our only player, and no FA would want to play in Miami because we have no one.

I know the chances are slim, but we weren't meant to do anything this season. This is the "get by, and sign Wade" season.

Knowing us this is what will happen, this is why I don't like it.

Lets say we do this trade. We now have Amare and Wade, they both expire in the off season. If we still suck, then Amare will be like, this is not what I was expecting, so he will bounce. Then since Wade won't have another star player guaranteed and because we suck, he will also leave. So not only would we have traded Beasley, we would be stuck with Chalmers as our only player, and no FA would want to play in Miami because we have no one.

I know the chances are slim, but we weren't meant to do anything this season. This is the "get by, and sign Wade" season.

We'll just draft Brandon Knight in 2011 and call it a day lol.