Dirk Expected To Start In Kobe's Place

MainEv3nt

Nuggets coach George Karl has informed the NBA that he plans to start Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki in place of the injured Kobe Bryant in Sunday's All-Star Game, according to sources.

Nowitzki obviously can't fill Bryant's guard position, but Karl plans to put the hometown star in the starting five anyway.

This weekend's All-Star festivities are being held in Dallas.

NBA commissioner David Stern announced on Thursday that Jason Kidd would replace Bryant on the Western Conference roster.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64629/20100212/dirk_expected_to_start_in_kobes_place/

I think Dirk will and should come off the bench.

Nash

Durant

Melo

Timmy

Amare

The ASG isn't about strategy. It's about the top NBA players getting recognized and watching the best go out and have fun. It's supposed to just be a good show. It doesn't matter who wins.

Edited by Poe
  • Like 1

• Owner

The ASG isn't about strategy. It's about the top NBA players getting recognized and watching the best go out and have fun. It's supposed to just be a good show. It doesn't matter who wins.

That's not how it was back in the early 2000's, 90's and 80's...and that's why it's upsetting to watch, sometimes. Jordan wouldn't have it any other way.

Personally, I think you should play to win. Guys can go have fun making trick shots and nice off-the-glass dunks five minutes after their practices every day.

That's not how it was back in the early 2000's, 90's and 80's...and that's why it's upsetting to watch, sometimes. Jordan wouldn't have it any other way.

Personally, I think you should play to win. Guys can go have fun making trick shots and nice off-the-glass dunks five minutes after their practices every day.

I agree I think it should be for the fans in the first half and after that players should try to go out and win. I would give the winner home feild advatage in the finals.