Why Ellis Was Not An All-Star

Legacy

- Doesn't play great D

- Horrible shot selection

- turnover machine

- not a great leader.

I like Ellis and all but I don't think he would be able to put numbers like this on a winner. He and Kevin Martin are the types of players who will only do well in systems where they can have the ball most of the time.

• Like 1

- Doesn't play great D

- Horrible shot selection

- turnover machine

- not a great leader.

I like Ellis and all but I don't think he would be able to put numbers like this on a winner. He and Kevin Martin are the types of players who will only do well in systems where they can have the ball most of the time.

-Neither does Steve Nash

-He shoots 46%, so he's still making those shots

-OK, you got me there, but noones perfect

-It's his first year as a real leader. Kobe's Lakers didn't do to well, Lebron's Cavaliers didn't do to well, even Jordan's Bulls didn't do to well. besides, why would you need to be a leader as a bench player in the ASG?

• Like 2

-Neither does Steve Nash

-He shoots 46%, so he's still making those shots

-OK, you got me there, but noones perfect

-It's his first year as a real leader. Kobe's Lakers didn't do to well, Lebron's Cavaliers didn't do to well, even Jordan's Bulls didn't do to well. besides, why would you need to be a leader as a bench player in the ASG?

Repped and quoted for truth.

Ellis eFG% and true shooting percentages are awful. He's poor from downtown, he takes a lot of field goals for every free throw, and he's not a great free throw shooter.

He also doesn't make his teammates better. Phoenix shoots five eFG% better with Nash on the floor than without him. That's about twice as much as the next player.

So he's ineffective offensively (Ellis generates 0.99 points per possession which is extremely poor), he doesn't make his teammates better, and he's poor defensively. He also plays on a bad team and commits a lot of turnovers (though in fairness, his TO ratio isn't horrendous and is inflated like his points because of how many minutes he plays).

Can I get repped and quoted for truth?

Edited by Erick Blasco
  • Like 1

Ellis eFG% and true shooting percentages are awful. He's poor from downtown, he takes a lot of field goals for every free throw, and he's not a great free throw shooter.

He also doesn't make his teammates better. Phoenix shoots five eFG% better with him on the floor than without him. That's about twice as much as the next player.

So he's ineffective offensively (Ellis generates 0.99 points per possession which is extremely poor), he doesn't make his teammates better, and he's poor defensively. He also plays on a bad team and commits a lot of turnovers (though in fairness, his TO ratio isn't horrendous and is inflated like his points because of how many minutes he plays).

Can I get repped and quoted for truth?

Aye.

Blasco speaks the truth.