Miami Intensifies Pursuit of Stoudemire

Flash

Looks like nothing is going to happen and I'm completely ok with that. The team is on a 4 game winning streak and tonight they proved that they could win without for basically a whole game which is a good sign as well. If we get Amare, great. If not then if we really want him we'll sign him this summer.

Amare Stoudemire will likely remain with the Suns through another trade deadline of countless rumors.

Cleveland was very interested in acquiring Stoudemire, but decided to execute their trade with Washington for Antawn Jamison on Wednesday. The Cavaliers waited for an answer from Phoenix during the 2009 deadline on a trade for Shaquille O'Neal deal and were ultimately left with nothing, which prompted their urgency this year.

The Miami Heat have continued to express interest in Stoudemire, and have offered Udonis Haslem, Quentin Richardson, Daequan Cook and a first-round pick. The Heat so far are unwilling to include Michael Beasley in any deal, league sources said.

Miami likes their chances of signing Stoudemire during the offseason without having to relinquish any assets, which is why they have not improved their offer.

One league source with knowledge of the talks was skeptical the Suns will make any trade.

“No deal will happen,” the source said. “Miami is a long shot, at best.”

Source

Well, I suppose the Amare to Miami trade has become almost officially a "no". I'm perfectly OK with that, to be honest.

• Owner

So the official word is this: the Heat didn't want to give up Beasley and a draft pick. Instead, Miami agreed to go with a pick, Udonis Haslem and Quentin Richardson, which Phoenix turned down. The Heat had no problem dealing one of their picks for the 2010 draft (first-rounder), but Beasley was going nowhere, and the Suns made it clear that if he wasn't included in ANY deal made, Amare won't suit up for the Heat.

Instead, Miami wants to make a run for him over the summer.

Phoenix had no leverage once Jamison was traded there. Riley did the smart move and the one that was in the best interest of the team. Trading away basically every wing player not named Wade and 2 first rounders for a guy you can sign right away over the summer would be a dumb move.

Riles, you're the man.

I still think we could use a little tweeking. Maybe go out and trade for Mason before the deadline or see if Sacramento buys out T-Mac and make a run after him to play the 3 for us.

T-Mac would be a great pick up. Riley should at least make a short-term deal with McGrady and try and see how well he fits with the Heat. I still believe he is a prolific scorer and playmaker, and he would take so much pressure off of Wade. It would be interesting to see if they can even work off of each other and make plays to get each other open.

The only other tweaks I can think of is to upgrade the point guard position and get a better back up at the center position. Thing is, the Heat have three point guards and three centers in their roster, and the point guard position has already had too much tweaking this seaon. The best hope before this summer at the point is if Chalmers can regain his old self back.

• Owner

T-Mac would be a great pick up. Riley should at least make a short-term deal with McGrady and try and see how well he fits with the Heat. I still believe he is a prolific scorer and playmaker, and he would take so much pressure off of Wade. It would be interesting to see if they can even work off of each other and make plays to get each other open.

McGrady is staying in New York.

McGrady is staying in New York.

Oh wow, nevermind. I thought the deal had been made where McGrady and Landry were exchanged for Martin. I didn't know the Knicks were involved. I gotta keep up with all these trades! Haha.

Oh well. Heat won't get T-Mac... yet, at least. That's fine to me. The team seems to be doing well as of late without any additions anyway. There's plenty of time in the 2010 summer to make the big moves.

Edited by Poe