Ronnie Brewer traded to Grizzlies

Real Deal

• Owner

Wow Real Deal has been at the top of his game today. :lol:

Haha, we needed more NBA discussion. I just wanted people to get involved. :)

Great deal for Memphis, they desperately needed a guy who can produce off the bench.

It is. Brewer is a solid defender, also.

Love this deal. This is the first player I wanted us to persue over the trade deadline. I have loved this guy since his days at Arkansas.

Smart player who knows his role, plays defense, moves well without the ball, and brings good energy.

How stupid is Utah.....this is a chance to compete for the West and they trade Brewer? He was a bright spot in their future, I thought.

Brewer was losing minuts to Matthews and the Jazz didn't really seem too intent on bringing him back this offseason anyways. Might as well get something for him than just let him walk.

I would imagine that there is more to this trade than meets the eye though. There must have been something going on with Brewer behind the scenes that we are unaware of.

And lets be honest, the Jazz don't have the chance to compete for the West this season. There wouldn't stand a chance against the Lakers or the Nuggets in a playoff series. Best case scenario for them would be Western Conference Semi-Finals.

Very nice trade for the Grizzlies though. They gave up a lottery protected pick for a good defensive guard who can chip in offensively a bit as well. The Grizzlies bench is terrible and Brewer will strengthen it a bit.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Utah has an expensive team and will probably be luxury tax payers. They have a glut at wing, and need to slash some money somewhere. Brewer still can't shoot well, and the Jazz have guys like Matthews and Miles who can produce from the wing. The Jazz lose defense and are worse off in the short term, but they aren't a championship contender anyway.

Memphis gets another athlete who excels without the ball (the kind of player they don't really have. He plays well on execution, he'd really pair up well with Gasol.