Rajon Rondo or Devin Harris?

YoSixers

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have Harris. Like Guru said, he's a great scorer: He can score at will. And in New Jersey he's flourished as a leader and he doesn't have the talent like Garnett, Pierce, Allen surrounding him to get the assist amounts that Rajon has. Devin is very composed and always has been.

Edited by Jet

• Owner

Harris is the better scorer, by far, and he's the fastest player in the league and actually knows how to use his speed. Rondo plays better defense, but it's not by much. It's easy to defend other guards when you have one of the best defensive forwards in the NBA waiting for them in the paint, and you saw what Derrick Rose did to Rondo before Boston decided to double him.

Rondo is a better rebounder because of his length, but I'm not sure if he's a better facilitator. I think Harris would've done a pretty good job with Garnett, Pierce and Allen as his weapons (you've got a post player, a slashing forward and a three-point shooter at your fingertips).

I have to take Harris.

Garnett was gone and Paul Pierce scores mainly off isolation. The big three doesn't have much bearing on Rondo's assist numbers. He's truly a good passer. I think Rondo is the better player, but I'd rather have Harris on my team in multiple situations.

While it's true that Rondo couldn't do what Harris did with the Nets team, I don't see how that's a knock against Rondo. The only thing Harris has on Rondo is a jump shot and Harris is not an all-league shooter. Rondo is smarter with the ball and is simply better all around. I can see why people would gravitate towards Harris though. The Nets would keep Harris while the Celtics would keep Rondo, that's pretty much the end of that.

Harris. He is a better floor general on the court. Better scorer and passer if you ask me. He is just an all around play maker.

O.o ....

Better floor general and passer?..... no ......

Harris is better at Scoring, Rondo is a better PG.

Rondo.

I'll take Harris... obviously? lol

Rondo needs to learn how to hit 3 point shots, mid range shots efficiently and shooting off the dribble. Harris has a very well polished offensive game for a point guard, among the best we have seen for a while. I dare say similar but just falling short of Allen Iverson's offensive game, not to mention the kid is a better ball distributor and possibly a better defender then Iverson. Obviously not the same mentality as the great Iverson but that is rare and Rondo is much more further from that mentality of a true leader then Harris is, you can guarantee that when the Celtics are looking to move him off the roster because he is not working well with the players and has personal problems.. which you NEVER want from you point.

I think people really underrate the defense of Devin Harris though, he is very effective in the full court and that is due to his speed, he can get on-ball steals off double teams and pressure steals very easy, as does Rondo, but Rondo may have the upper hand in that department but i will leave it as a draw in terms of defense.

Overall i don't see why you don't take Harris, he is the better player overall and doesn't come with the personal and non-leadership baggage.

Others may say that he played well in the playoffs but you look at the various different factors that caused his 'amazing' statistics. He played nearly a whole game during the first round, you have a guy who can't rebound well who was starting in Davis. Perkins ain't that great either, hence left open rebounds of missed shots for Rondo to grab quickly and most of the time the Celtic bigs let them go out to Rondo to keep the tempo high. Now in the 2nd round of the playoffs Rondo fell off hard, he was being guarded by a worse point guard in Alston.. i mean if that isn't inconsistency then what is .. you won't get that from Harris, that's for sure... Don't get me wrong though, Rondo is a great point guard of the future, however at the moment i wouldn't compare him to the likes of Harris, CP3, Deron, Nash, Kidd.

I'll take Harris... obviously? lol

Rondo needs to learn how to hit 3 point shots, mid range shots efficiently and shooting off the dribble. Harris has a very well polished offensive game for a point guard, among the best we have seen for a while. I dare say similar but just falling short of Allen Iverson's offensive game, not to mention the kid is a better ball distributor and possibly a better defender then Iverson. Obviously not the same mentality as the great Iverson but that is rare and Rondo is much more further from that mentality of a true leader then Harris is, you can guarantee that when the Celtics are looking to move him off the roster because he is not working well with the players and has personal problems.. which you NEVER want from you point.

I think people really underrate the defense of Devin Harris though, he is very effective in the full court and that is due to his speed, he can get on-ball steals off double teams and pressure steals very easy, as does Rondo, but Rondo may have the upper hand in that department but i will leave it as a draw in terms of defense.

Overall i don't see why you don't take Harris, he is the better player overall and doesn't come with the personal and non-leadership baggage.

Others may say that he played well in the playoffs but you look at the various different factors that caused his 'amazing' statistics. He played nearly a whole game during the first round, you have a guy who can't rebound well who was starting in Davis. Perkins ain't that great either, hence left open rebounds of missed shots for Rondo to grab quickly and most of the time the Celtic bigs let them go out to Rondo to keep the tempo high. Now in the 2nd round of the playoffs Rondo fell off hard, he was being guarded by a worse point guard in Alston.. i mean if that isn't inconsistency then what is .. you won't get that from Harris, that's for sure... Don't get me wrong though, Rondo is a great point guard of the future, however at the moment i wouldn't compare him to the likes of Harris, CP3, Deron, Nash, Kidd.

For starters, Chris Paul and Deron are in a class of their own.

Rondo does need to learn how to shoot, true. What else can you knock him for though? Nothing really. Harris cannot be the better overall player when he all he does is score better (which is due to having a jump shot). Rondo is a better passer, defender, rebounder and he slashes just as well.

I'm not going to choose one. I think it's ridiculous to think that Harris is leaps and bounds over Rondo though. Both are really good at what their teams need them to do and even though I believe Rondo is the better overall player, Harris' superior scoring ability obviously makes it close.

Also, what exactly do you mean by leadership, because I find it crazy that you don't believe he has any leadership skills. I'd say any 23 year old guard that can manage hall of fame players is clearly a leader. Ray Allen's super efficient season, as well as Glen Davis' "breakout" while starting are soley due to rondo. Imagine this kid in a fast break offense/in a situation where he didn't have Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett stopping the ball to create on their own. Damn.

Edited by NoneOtherThan...

Because he doesn't have the mentality.. look read the news bro. The Celtics want to move his [expletive] because of his attitude, you can have all the skill in the world but if your mentality isn't correct then you will fail and stay mediocre and borderline..

Harris is just as good on defense so i don't know what your talking about, i watch most Atlantic division teams and in comparison they are just as good.. In terms of passing i would go with Harris too. You say that Glen Davis had a breakout season right, well what about Brook Lopez who had a better season then him and was a rookie in fact?

I don't expect you to know since you aren't a Celtics fan, but the "attitude problem" that all of these trade rumors cite are from his previous years at Kentucky and early years with the Celtics, not from this past season. I'm not sure where people get the idea that they want to ship him out because of an attitude problem. Lol at people actually believing that Ainge wants to move a young stud because he arrived late to a playoff game. Danny Ainge has said it himself many times on WEEI that Rondo isn't going to be traded and surely not because of attitude "problems." That would be dumb. No way were the Celtics actually close to dealing Rondo. Ainge was just doing his job, trying to sell high after buying low. That is what good GMs attempt to do.

What about what Rondo does on the court? Shouldn't we be discussing that? If that is all you have, then you don't have very much. Wasn't Devin Harris rumored to go to the Kings for their 1st rounder in the draft? Oh well, to each their own with that one I guess.

I didn't say Harris was a bad defender. Rondo is the best defender at the 1 right now though.

I put breakout season in quotation because I'm not sure what he did qualified as a breakout. I just wanted to point out the fact that Davis' improvement had a lot to with Rondo (as well as developing a better jumper). Rondo effectively manages hall of fame players night in and night out, as well as chipping in his own efficient scoring and playing the best defense you can ask from a 1. That IS leadership, point blank period.

Edited by NoneOtherThan...

Wait so you admit he has personality problems which obviously do affect his leadership? .. Also those trade rumors were recent as he was offered with Ray Allen to i believe Phoenix? ..

I would rather have a guy who is a true leader then one that has personal problems which affect his leadership. Now people get it twisted and think assists = leadership. No it doesn't. Rondo has yet to lead a team, Pierce and Allen led the Celtics in the playoffs last season. Rondo did his part and played well, he stepped it up in the absence of KG as that other player to go to. His scorer is however no were in level to a all-star. Sure you pass the ball around and get assists because you play flashy and have hall of famers in your team, of course your going to average 8-9 APG. His rebounds were explained by me, he got loose rebounds, i am not taking anything away from him though, the kid can rebound but does a point guard need to do that? .. No. That is just taking away from your team mates games.. i see that as him not being a true leader, he is trying to do more then is required of him..

Finally Rondo is definitely not the best defender at the 1. lmao. No man, you heard of that guy they call CP3? .. Yeah he is.