Rajon Rondo or Devin Harris?

YoSixers

You guys forget how close Devin was to getting a ring too if it wasn`t for D-Whistle.

Maybe if Devin didn't get owned by "D-Whistle" and if he could guard him then he would have a ring. Letting Wade average almost 40 PPG for the final 4 games isn't exactly something that's going to help your team win the title.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was using an example of a very good defender in his early career.

If you want to really talk about over-rated players, look no further than your avatar. :) .

You think dissing my favorite hometown player is a good way to talk [expletive]? Come on.

Maybe if Devin didn't get owned by "D-Whistle" and if he could guard him then he would have a ring. Letting Wade average almost 40 PPG for the final 4 games isn't exactly something that's going to help your team win the title.

Rondo would have held him under 10.

I like this game...

http://www.pcsportsbet.com/files/2008/06/rajon-rondo.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06WU1RW86Ke8g/340x.jpg

Screw Harris

http://www.realamericanchristo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/f18a8eb511_ltpwilliams-rondo050508.jpg

Sick 'em Marv.

http://www.realamericanchristo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/f18a8eb511_ltpwilliams-rondo050508.jpg

Sick 'em Marv.

lmfao!!!

Also people act like Garnett didn't play in the 08-09 season.. hmm i guess those people don't watch basketball because he played more then half the season, when he left the Celtics started playing poorly ..

Also when was Pierce and Allen injured or playing bad? .. 21 ppg for Pierce and 19 ppg for Allen during the playoffs..

I rest my case..

Harris > Rondo

lol of course rondo is a better ''passer'' when he lobs it to ray allen for a 3.

That was retarded... lol!

Rondo is one of the reasons Ray still looks so good at an old age. As long as Ray plays with Rondo he can be a good player for a few more good years.

That was retarded... lol!

Rondo is one of the reasons Ray still looks so good at an old age. As long as Ray plays with Rondo he can be a good player for a few more good years.

No... THAT was retarded.

I like how the only reason pro Devin Harris supporters give is "Rondo has KG, Allen, and Pierce on his team". Seriously. Rondo was the MVP of Boston in the playoffs and as someone who watched all their playoff games. Anyone that watched Rondo in the playoffs can tell he was the one carrying that team and making plays for them. Ray Allen had 13 PPG on 19% shooting from downtown in the Orlando series yet it still went 7 games. Some help. Pierce averaged about 42% shooting in the playoffs as a whole. It was Rondo who kept Boston alive for his long as they were

Celtics fan here.

I'd take Harris. Better scorer, clutch and has control of himself. Sometimes you see Rondo recklessly run around [expletive]ing players when he don't have to.

Defending wise, Rondo is better because of his length but not by that much. Harris is REALLY underrated defender now. That used to be his thang back when he was on the Mavericks, now he goes unnoticed.

All-around game you have to give it to Rondo, though. Better playmaker and better rebounder because of his length. They're fairly equal at the moment but Rondo's shot just isn't as consistent and he is too reckless sometimes.

Celtics fan here.

I'd take Harris. Better scorer, clutch and has control of himself. Sometimes you see Rondo recklessly run around [expletive]ing players when he don't have to.

Defending wise, Rondo is better because of his length but not by that much. Harris is REALLY underrated defender now. That used to be his thang back when he was on the Mavericks, now he goes unnoticed.

All-around game you have to give it to Rondo, though. Better playmaker and better rebounder because of his length. They're fairly equal at the moment but Rondo's shot just isn't as consistent and he is too reckless sometimes.

You have some explaining to do.

No... THAT was retarded.

Explain how it was retarded?...

I didnt say Rondo is the sole reason Ray still looks good be he damn sure helps. Because at this point in his career Ray cannot create his own shot, Rondo does a GREAT job of getting he ball to Ray in the spots he needs to score from......

Celtics fan here.

THANK YOU!

Sorry to bump this, but I've been watching the Bulls-C's series again, and Derrick Rose often times made Rondo look terrible on defense. Rondo seems to get lost in screens a lot, and Rose got to the basket almost at will sometimes. He had his way with Rajon for all of Game 1, and much of the series. Boston had a ton of trouble stopping him.

Rondo watched a lot of the back of Rose's jersey. Just sayin'.

Sorry to bump this, but I've been watching the Bulls-C's series again, and Derrick Rose often times made Rondo look terrible on defense. Rondo seems to get lost in screens a lot, and Rose got to the basket almost at will sometimes. He had his way with Rajon for all of Game 1, and much of the series. Boston had a ton of trouble stopping him.

Rondo watched a lot of the back of Rose's jersey. Just sayin'.

Yea and Rose just did a marvelous job covering Rondo didn't he.

Rondo is a terrible pick & roll defender. He makes NO effort to get over/under the screens fast enough to actually defend it well. Marbury did that pretty well.

Yea and Rose just did a marvelous job covering Rondo didn't he.

Rondo is a terrible pick & roll defender. He makes NO effort to get over/under the screens fast enough to actually defend it well. Marbury did that pretty well.

No, he didn't, I know that, but the topic isn't about Rose and Harris. It's about Rondo and Harris, and I'm simply saying that on the defensive side of the ball Rose took a fresh dump on Rondo about 90% of the time he drove through the lane, or Noah/Tyrus set a pick and roll.

And if he's giving no effort, he's really not that useful on defense, is he? Marbury wasn't all that good at it, either. But besides Rondo, Glen Davis and a little bit of Paul Pierce and some of the supporting cast, Boston was awful in the playoffs, just my opinion.

Celtics fan here.

Harris is more clutch? What clutch shots has Harris made? He made that half court bull against the Sixers, but that was entirely luck. Harris's field goal percentage in clutch situations(final 5 minutes of a game/OT) is 33%. Rondo's is 44%. Rondo also shoots a better free throw percentage at the line in clutch situations(87% to Harris's 85%)

lol @ more clutch, way to pull that out of your [expletive].