Rajon Rondo or Devin Harris?

YoSixers

Harris is more clutch? What clutch shots has Harris made? He made that half court bull against the Sixers, but that was entirely luck. Harris's field goal percentage in clutch situations(final 5 minutes of a game/OT) is 33%. Rondo's is 44%. Rondo also shoots a better free throw percentage at the line in clutch situations(87% to Harris's 85%)

lol @ more clutch, way to pull that out of your [expletive].

Link me to those stats

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harris is more clutch? What clutch shots has Harris made? He made that half court bull against the Sixers, but that was entirely luck. Harris's field goal percentage in clutch situations(final 5 minutes of a game/OT) is 33%. Rondo's is 44%. Rondo also shoots a better free throw percentage at the line in clutch situations(87% to Harris's 85%)

lol @ more clutch, way to pull that out of your [expletive].

Yeah talking about pulling [expletive] out yo [expletive]..... hmm...

Can you link those stats like Guru said?

^ Exactly.

Also again, Rondo hasn't got the mentality Harris has, Harris is a leader, Rondo is not. Simple. Yes he has 3 all-stars which may downplay his performances but i'd like to see him in a situation like Harris, 25 years young or so and is carrying a team on his back.

This is why i give credit to guys like Kevin Martin, Danny Granger and Devin Harris. They are guys around 25 years young, not quite veterans nor are they young learning players anymore but they are young leaders, carrying franchises on their backs.. not to mention Durant is going to be the next big thing .. i'll report back on him in 3 years or so and we'll see him leading the league in scoring ..

However i am getting off-track ..

Harris > Rondo.

Anyday give me Harris.

^ Exactly.

Also again, Rondo hasn't got the mentality Harris has, Harris is a leader, Rondo is not. Simple. Yes he has 3 all-stars which may downplay his performances but i'd like to see him in a situation like Harris, 25 years young or so and is carrying a team on his back.

This is why i give credit to guys like Kevin Martin, Danny Granger and Devin Harris. They are guys around 25 years young, not quite veterans nor are they young learning players anymore but they are young leaders, carrying franchises on their backs.. not to mention Durant is going to be the next big thing .. i'll report back on him in 3 years or so and we'll see him leading the league in scoring ..

However i am getting off-track ..

Harris > Rondo.

Anyday give me Harris.

Carrying his team to where????? no playoffs every year? LOL. Just cause your a good player on a bad team does not make you a leader. You say he "carries the Nets on his back" ... HAHA NO.. Jason Kidd "carried the Nets on his back". Devin Harris does not Carry the Nets ANYWHERE.

When Pierce used to carry the Celtics to the playoffs and the ECF people were saying he WASN'T a leader and couldn't carry a team. So what makes Devin Harris a leader? The fact that the Nets haven't made the playoffs with him as PG yet? oh yea that must be it.

Edited by DWhiTex34

If harris was put on the celtics in replace of rondo he could lead that team aswell, he couldn't do it with the nets because there supporting cast was weak.

Where in my post did I say Rondo leads the Celtics?

& ok I know its weak. But that guy cant go around saying Harris carries a franchise on his back when he hasn't went ANYWHERE LOL

• 9 months later...

Fourth. Don't get crazy now.

Who do you have above him, I'm guessing Nash and Chris Paul. Nash is a better three point shooter and that's all, he plays no defense so I don't understand how you could put him over Rondo. And as far as Chris Paul goes he didn't play a whole lot this season, but I don't know if it was only me but I thought he was far better off with Tyson Chandler.

Who do you have above him, I'm guessing Nash and Chris Paul. Nash is a better three point shooter and that's all, he plays no defense so I don't understand how you could put him over Rondo. And as far as Chris Paul goes he didn't play a whole lot this season, but I don't know if it was only me but I thought he was far better off with Tyson Chandler.

Paul, Deron, and Nash are better than Rondo at everything besides rebounding and defense.

Paul, Deron, and Nash are better than Rondo at everything besides rebounding and defense.

I just think people discredit Rondo far too much for his offense. We all know how good he is at attacking the rim, but his midrange game isn't that bad. He just needs to work on extending his range.

• Owner

I had him as fourth in my list back in March:

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/9951-nbas-fab-five-point-guards

And I'll keep him there, at fourth, although he's closing in on Nash just a bit. Still have to say Nash at three, though.

And it's not really fair to bring this up a year after we all discussed it. At that time, Harris was probably the better overall point guard. This season, he wasn't. Rondo improved significantly since then.