The Random Thread

Lkr

My boy went, and he DJs at the Olive Branch all the time... You ever go there?

I used to go a lot last year. Their happy hour was the [expletive]. But I lost my fake in September and yeah -_-

Plus Golden Rail is where its at this year

Edited by Guru™

My headphones broke today, so I used the crap ones that came with my Ipod, and after 10 minutes of listening to a youtube video, the left side crapped out on me. I have no headphones now :(

My headphones broke today, so I used the crap ones that came with my Ipod, and after 10 minutes of listening to a youtube video, the left side crapped out on me. I have no headphones now :(

I'm in the same unfortunate predicament. I spent 200 bucks on these Bose headphones and they stop working after 18 months. pretty gay, but everything's built like [expletive] these days.

How many of you ever look up song lyrics online?

I do every day pretty much.

In the past week or two I threw out a +1 to both Flash and ECN... Who'd have thought?

and no +1's for me!? You whore!

^thats your fault for buying bose lmaooooooo

<_< I can just imagine everyone wanting to be your friend

An article wrote for ATR? On July 7th, 2007

CORRUPTION ON THE COURT

On July 20th, 2007 an investigation by FBI uncovered an eerie truth lurking in the NBA. Pro-sports betting still exists. Even more eerie was the man betting on the games from the inside. No it was not an overpaid player. Nope not even an underpaid rookie. Instead it was a veteran referee who has been in the league for over 10 years. During the investigation the FBI uncovered the fact that during the 2006-2007 NBA basketball season Tim Donaghy placed tens of thousands of dollars in bets in numerous games.

Was it worth it? Years from now NBA referee Tim Donaghy will look back at his career and ask himself this question. Was it worth it shave all those games just to make some more money. Was it worth it to blow and make numerous calls to alter the outcome of a game just so I could beat a spread. For most of us the answer would be no. With Tim and the lack of character he has shown on the court, his answer is unknown.

So what is point shaving? In pro sports betting there is a spread to handicap the odds of a team winning. These spreads can range anywhere from -.5 to -20.5 depending on the match-up. Now to make it a clear if a team is favored to win by 20.5 (-20.5) and the final score is 100 to 80 then the favored team has just lost in the spread. Point shaving is not intentionally blowing a game it is making sure a team does or does not cover the spread. There have been many athletes over the years that will intentionally miss shots down the stretch to make sure they do not beat the spread. In 1998 a former Arizona Sun Devil plead guilty to point shaving in college basketball. The amount of money he gained over the 1994 season for point shaving was 568,000 dollars. An extremely large amount for a college basketball player.

Why an NBA referee? Well the NBA referees salary ranges from 90,000 to 225,000 depending on which and how many games you work. Either way you are making a good living. So why would Tim Donaghy want to go and fix these games. Some would suggest working in a profession in which your job is to control people who make over 10 times your salary creates jealousy or other such emotions which would drive a person to gamble.Sources say that Donaghy actually just had a major gambling problem and was in debt to bad people so he made more bets. In the end his betting problem lead to him betting on games he officiating in and thus he ended up making questionable calls which favored the team he had bet on.

The personal history of Donaghy may suggest Donaghy may have been jealous of players in the NBA. Donaghy graduated from his high school with basketball honors and was accepted into one of the top basketball college around Villanova. Uncertainly that's where his success in playing basketball ended. He may have thought he was headed to the NBA as a player and was going to be rich however he had to settle for a job as a referee. This may have lead him to betting in to satisfy his dream of riches and lead him to betting late in his career.

What does this mean for pro-sports? If the allegations are true it should lead us all to believe to only is the NBA in trouble but all pro-sports. With the steroid cloud just beginning to break this cloud of betting has returned and with a referee causing it, it would seem this cloud will remain for a bit. Fixes are more brought up when players are the ones doing the fixing. Never in the history of the four major sports in the US (NHL,NBA,NFL,MLB) has an official been arrested for fixing games. Does this mean that officials calls will be monitored more frequently and some officials might be investigated for making a "bad call". That is unknown, after all human error is just another part of the game. If however that is the case then American sports as we know them are in for major trouble.

Perhaps we are better off forgetting this ever happened. Many of you may ask "Well how can you forget this, a major scandal like this just cannot go unnoticed." Well if this does lead to an investigation it could lead to one of the greatest scandals uncovered in American history. It could reveal a very large amount of referees and umpires in all four major sports intentionally blowing calls to make a quick buck. Most of you would say "Good this way we can get rid of the bad people and replace them with more honorable people." However does that mean record books will be altered. Does that mean that commissioners will have to go back and change the result of games. What might be uncovered will reveal to the common fan a dirty side of the game in which we are all better off no knowing about.

Many of us found out about this news and probably shook it off. On major networks such as ESPN their top story was Barry Bonds and his pursuit of his record. However this cannot go unnoticed. This scandal if it runs deeper could be one of the worst things to happen to American sports in the last few decades if not ever. That being said many of us should be aware of this point shaving referee and should not just shake this off and assume this is just a second page story.

I hate when girls know you are checking them out lol

I was at school with my friend, and we went to eat at Chick Fil A in the school and some hot [expletive] girl walks by. My friend had his back to turned to her but I said "Oh Damn"...so he turned around and just looked at her, and when she walked by our table, she flipped her purse to cover her [expletive] lol...

I hate when girls know you are checking them out lol

I was at school with my friend, and we went to eat at Chick Fil A in the school and some hot [expletive] girl walks by. My friend had his back to turned to her but I said "Oh Damn"...so he turned around and just looked at her, and when she walked by our table, she flipped her purse to cover her [expletive] lol...

Hahahaha straight creeper status.