The Random Thread

Lkr

been watching House lately, way too much of it. Started watching the series again from the beginning. when I'm not doing that, I'm playing the bfbc2 PC beta. patch came out today, helps improve dual core performance for intel chips, amd users are SOL if they are still on dinosaur age dual cores(basically athlon x2s). Fun game though, graphics are beautiful. Lakers need to make a statement in the second half and get another big win without kobe. Pau should step up big time, and impose his will. maybe if the lakers beat boston without kobe, he'll be more of a facilitator when he comes back.

been watching House lately, way too much of it. Started watching the series again from the beginning. when I'm not doing that, I'm playing the bfbc2 PC beta. patch came out today, helps improve dual core performance for intel chips, amd users are SOL if they are still on dinosaur age dual cores(basically athlon x2s). Fun game though, graphics are beautiful. Lakers need to make a statement in the second half and get another big win without kobe. Pau should step up big time, and impose his will. maybe if the lakers beat boston without kobe, he'll be more of a facilitator when he comes back.

wutt

2-18-2010

So today im feeling hungry. Started exercising ferociously again, while eating healthy. Usually my diet consist of nothing but fastfood and icecream, but I decided to take the greener route. Its been 5 days so far, I think I might have gotten over my fastfood/eating out addiction hump. Im feeling a bit tired, not sure if its cause of my working out, or just cause I am not used to not eating huge portions of food. I am not fat, never was, just have a really high metabolism. I was just listing to some van halen, guut band. Tomorrow morning i have to re visit the dentist, since my upper retainer broke 2 weeks ago and had to order a new one. I think i may hit the sack early tonight, really tired. Today I ate oatmeal/orange juice for bk, banana as a mid day snack, and a roast beef sandwich/water for dinner. Drank 2 cups of green tea, and a cup of black coffee in the morning. Maybe I am being to strict on myself on what to eat, dunno. I worked out at the gym for about an hour and a half, with plenty of cardiovascular and weight lifting. Feel a bit relieved that the bulls were able to get rid of salmons/thomas, least we now can afford a max deal this free agency. Im kinda happy we still have hinrich, sicne he is one of my favorite players, just not sure hes worth the dough. If we got rid of hinrich, we would have been able to afford a max deal and then still grab a good player such as bosh/johnson combo, but o well. da greatest out.

I seen people do this soI thougth I should. I just went out after having a few.Well more athan a few.Canada played like poo andbarely won. James Ready beer is the best, it a local beer made inniagara falls. Youamerifcans shouldcometry it.It beats any beer and is5.5 achy. So yeah it messes you up a little. I killed it in darts tn some how. There was a dart board at this bvar we went to tn,and I thought it was good idea toplay. Usually I would hurt myself but Ikilled it tn. So yeh thats about it. it onlya thrusday so I didnt get too drunk.

I couldn't think of anything clever for the title, I'll probably change it later on.

The Beginning...

2-18-10

The past 4 weeks, there has been a lot going on in my real life, which has ultimately effected how often I post here on the forums. This is going to be somewhat of a long blog for a first time, so make sure you've got time. I've posted very very little about my real life here on the forums as I like to keep things to myself. But sometimes, you just need to get things off your chest. This is more of a rant of how things are going for me right now, so when you got time, check it out.

Here is some things about myself. I'm 21 years old, I don't have a car nor do I even have my drivers license, though I do have my permit. I work at a company called "Roadmaster Inc", you've never heard of it. We make tow bars to tow your car behind your motorhome. I started in customer service, was moved to the warehouse to replace the UPS shipper, that never happened, was moved back to customer service because business was picking up, and then just recently, was moved back to the warehouse for good to finally replace the old UPS shipper. I get to work via a ride from my mom as she works at the same company but in a different building.

Back in September of 2009, I moved out of my mom's apartment and into a 4 bedroom house with my aunt, my 20 year old cousin, his 19 year old boyfriend (yes, you read that right), and my 15 year old cousin. We split the rent 4 ways and I pay $1.25 less a month than when I was living with my mom in the 2 bedroom apartment but now pay other bills like cable, internet, garbage, electric, etc. My mom didn't move into the house because she felt it'd be to crowded in the house (seven people total) so she moved into a one bedroom apartment.

Things were going great at the new house. I hadn't lived in a house before (always lived in an apartment or a duplex with neighbors RIGHT DIRECTLY next to you so you couldn't make much noise after dark). At the new house, I'm able to play my guitar as loud as I want when I want, I can play Rock Band with my cousins anytime I want, crank up my music as loud as I want, jump around, wrestle around, anything. Well, about a month ago, my aunt met some guy online.

They scheduled to meet up in person and when he came over, they were planning on having him stay the night despite this being the first time they ever met in person. Gonna state this now (via fake names), my aunt's name is Kathy, my 20 year old cousin's name is Jake, his boyfriend's name is John, my 15 year old cousin's name is Jim, and her new boyfriend's name is Anthony. Jake and John are in a relationship, John drives but Jake does not (similar to my situation except his job is walking distance).

So during this meeting, my aunt Kathy invites over my other aunt Jessica and her boyfriend. They all drink and get really smashed. My aunt Jessica doesn't like Anthony at all, she stated that pretty much to his face. She and her boyfriend ended up leaving (her boyfriend hadn't been drinking very much if at all). My aunt Kathy got really really smashed and was throwing up. The guys of the house (me, Jake and John) pretty much said that Anthony had to go home though we found out that Anthony doesn't drive or have a car. So my cousin Jake was getting really irritated with Anthony and told me to go with John to drive Anthony home. Well, it turns out that Anthony lives freaking an hour in a half away and by this time, it was 12AM. So we ended up driving Anthony home (who was very drunk as well) and on the way to his place, he would not shut up about how he felt he should be there with my aunt, how 10 minutes before we told him he had to go, my aunt said she wanted him to stay with her.

It was like "Dude, we all agreed that this is moving to fast and that you need to go home". He was making us out to be the bad guys in the whole situation and we had never even met this guy. About half way during the car ride, I get a text from my cousin Jake asking "Ask Anthony if mom drank any hydrogen peroxide", I ask him and he says "Yes she did". I guess she drank some to help make her throw up because she's a vet tech at an animal hospital and that's what they give to the animals to help make them throw up. So now we're a bit worried but knew she would be okay because Jake took a year of college to be a nurse. He knew exactly what to do and handled the situation great. Back to the car ride, it got to the point where about a mile away from Anthony's place, John told him to get the f*** out of the truck and walk the rest of the way home, it got really heated between them. John said something that he probably shouldn't of said but what's done is done. So a week later, Anthony comes back, says he's sorry for how he acted and Anthony and John forgave each other, both admitting they were wrong.

Well, Anthony also doesn't have a job. So he's been staying at the house for the past 4-5 weeks, not paying rent or anything. There was one point where we told my aunt that he had to go home in which she pretty much lied that he went home, said she'd be right back to go to the store and comes home with Anthony and his big [expletive] dog. Didn't even ask us if it would be okay for them to bring over his dog, just did it. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Anthony, he's a nice guy, but he doesn't have a job, doesn't have a car, doesn't pay rent (though has gotten groceries here and there) and for the most part...doesn't LIVE HERE. The four of us (the ones paying rent) had a talk with her and told her how we felt. It got heated between my aunt and I and we were at each others throats about it. The next day, I wanted to talk to her one on one, I said I was sorry for the way I acted and she said she was sorry. I told her that he needs to go home and that it'd be nice if a week went by with out Anthony around the house, then he can come back for 2 weeks, leave for a week, repeat process. He's a boyfriend, he does not live at the house.

I asked her to take him home on Tuesday (her day off), she does not. She ends up taking him home on Thursday. Then, not even 24 hours later, I get a text from John and he says that Anthony is back at the house. Now I'm getting really frustrated with the whole situation. It pretty much felt like my aunt just said "f*** what they think, I want to be happy and that's all I care about right now", I know that's not how she feels but that's how she's coming off. Plus, it now seems like my opinion doesn't even matter now at the house because she makes decisions without even asking us. "Hey, would it be okay if Anthony came over and stayed for a couple of weeks" or "Anthony has a much bigger dog than the other two at the house, would it be okay if he came over too?" as before we moved in the house, we told each other that we'd communicate and make sure everything was cool with everyone before making decisions like this. But nope, hasn't done that.

So I've been thinking about moving out (thankfully, we are on a month to month basis and not a lease). Actually, I am going to move out. I don't know when but I'm going to give them plenty of time in advance before doing so. I'm going to move back in with my mom at her one bedroom apartment with my younger sister. She told me that as long as I paid for food and electricity, she wouldn't charge me rent. This would help me save up money quicker to move out on my own. I figure if I lived with my mom for 5-6 months, that I would have plenty of money saved up to move out on my own. I've been talking with Jake and John about finding a two bedroom apartment and moving in with them but I think at this point, I want to be on my own with no roommates, friends, or family living with me. I mean, I love everyone in my family to death as well as all my friends but I've just had enough of all the drama and bullcrap that comes with living with other people.

I currently do not have a girlfriend, so I would be living completely 100% on my own (after I saved up money). I would move somewhere close to my mom so that it wouldn't be to our of her way to pick me up and drop me off (I do alternate with her on filling up the tank in the car, every other week I fill it up). I don't have many bills to pay (my phone, my loan that I took out, my gym membership). I would just need to stop lending out money to people (there is at least 4 people, family and friends, that owe me money, I think I have about $400 bucks lent out right now).

Lucky for me, Oregon has one of the highest minimum wages in the country (I make more than minimum at my job but if it wasn't as high as it is, I'd probably be making a little less) and my boss has been saying that he's going to try and get me a raise at least up to where the previous UPS shipper was getting, which is great.

So there is a little bit about myself. I haven't ever opened up this much at once on a forum. There is still much more to me than this but I will get into that later with this blog. Hopefully I'll have thought of a better title for this blog.

Thanks for reading and if you have any suggestions on what I could do to help better my current situation, I'm definitely open to that. Don't worry about hurting my feelings on anything, I take things very lightly. I don't expect a whole lot of people to read this as it's quite long but oh well. Look out for more of my blogs and don't worry, they wont be nearly as long as this one, promise.

Thanks,

Dr. Feelgood

• Owner

Hmm...well, where to start...

First of all, your aunt should've respected you a bit more, since you were helping pay the bills. I know she's the adult (and you are too, but she's your "elder"), but if you're splitting rent and everything, it's your house as much as hers. If everyone else votes against having Anthony there, that's how it has to be. He should be man enough to accept that, also.

Gotta get your license, bro. It helps every situation you'll ever be in, say if you just want to leave and get away, or if you meet some girl and you want to take her places, or if you get into a fight with your mom and you really don't want a ride to work.

Getting out on your own isn't THAT big of a deal. People make it one because they get nervous. As long as you can make the money, even if you have to live paycheck to paycheck, you'll do fine, granted you don't stress about your future.

I agree with Brandon about the living arrangement. When you live with others, respect is really important, so hopefully you'll be able to work things out with your family. I know it can be rough sometimes, especially since its family and not just room mates.

Once you get your license, it's going to open up a whole new world for you. Even if you don't own a car, being able to drive on your own is huge.

Its cool that you opened up to us like this, though. Definitely looking forward to future entries in here. :dribble:

I seen people do this soI thougth I should. I just went out after having a few.Well more athan a few.Canada played like poo andbarely won. James Ready beer is the best, it a local beer made inniagara falls. Youamerifcans shouldcometry it.It beats any beer and is5.5 achy. So yeah it messes you up a little. I killed it in darts tn some how. There was a dart board at this bvar we went to tn,and I thought it was good idea toplay. Usually I would hurt myself but Ikilled it tn. So yeh thats about it. it onlya thrusday so I didnt get too drunk.

Epic word combination. Brock education for the win.

This isn't your own personal blog you [expletive].

1) Treat this as a blog. You aren't limited to what you can post, as long as the content is appropriate and you're going by the OTR guidelines. Therefore, you can make a post about basketball one day, and then music the next, or something that happened to you at school...whatever the weather.

really? I had no idea :|

2/19/10

Came up to campus today at UNI and realized I forgot my assignment for my Information Systems class, so I had to skip Managerial Accounting. I dont skip often so I felt really bad. After that this stupid Musical Heritage class gets canceled so I'm sitting here till noon with nothing to do but sit on OTR. None of my friends have a break at this time, so its kind of boring.

I'm kind of excited for today though. I'm supposed to go play basketball with my team that we set up in the Y-league here. After that UNI is playing Old Dominion in their bracketbuster. It should be on ESPN2 tonight at 7ET/6CT if anyone wants to watch. I'll be in the student section! :)

Also found out that my Y-league games start this coming Sunday and our first two games are against the two teams that were in the finals last year. It wouldn't be a problem, but my friends and I are out of shape cause we dont play as often as we use to. It will get ugly :(.

Andddd, I was going to tell a story from last night that was a major epic fail. I'm kind of scared to considering that Slaven, Mason, and Justin still lurk around here.

So, I'm supposed to write about "my life," in my blog, so what better way to blog my life, than to blog about Call of Duty? Whenever I post a new video on Youtube, I'll post it in here. If you guys could rate/comment/subscribe, I'd really appreciate it, and it'd really help me out. If we can get like an OTR design or something that I can put in the end of my videos to advertise, that'd be great too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/trutrojan8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxwq01AyKv0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MK35RWD3ko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-n_z5J5xBg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf6iHfvfZeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-tSEy8VlKc

Edited by trutrojan8

Anthony seems like a dbag, no one else in the house wants him, he should man up, get a job, and live back at his own home. That said, It is still your aunts home, but since you are paying rent, you should get more of a say so on the matter. If anthony doesn't have to pay rent, why should you? At least your family and not some temporary online boyfriend. I would move back with your mother if I were you, sounds like too much drama in the household. Or you could simply ignore anthony, but I don't know the whole situation so its hard to say. I don't know if you still go to school/graduated already or not, but if not, you should check out your your local cc.