Who is the blame? Pick 1

Guest Need4Sheed

Who is the blame? Pick 1  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Need4Sheed

Who is the blame? Pick 1

I say it starts at the top and went with Ed Snyder.

Ed Snyder shows no passion in the 76ers and puts it all in the Flyers. He hasn't even been attending the games this year like he always does.

Edited by Need4Sheed

Eh, I am not really sure how Snider is to be blamed. He is not nearly as passionate about the 76ers as he is about the Flyers, but he also doesn't limit what Stefanski is allowed to do (from what I've heard). Also I don't know how Stefanski can really be blamed either, he has had his hands tied. Obviously, he made his own bed with the horrible Brand contract, but that's a different story. As for the on-the-court product, I'd say Eddie Jordan is absolutely most to blame for the record this season. Earlier in the season, I think we all saw all the close games they lost when he had horrible lineups on the floor in the final moments.

Guest Need4Sheed

Eh, I am not really sure how Snider is to be blamed. He is not nearly as passionate about the 76ers as he is about the Flyers, but he also doesn't limit what Stefanski is allowed to do (from what I've heard). Also I don't know how Stefanski can really be blamed either, he has had his hands tied. Obviously, he made his own bed with the horrible Brand contract, but that's a different story. As for the on-the-court product, I'd say Eddie Jordan is absolutely most to blame for the record this season. Earlier in the season, I think we all saw all the close games they lost when he had horrible lineups on the floor in the final moments.

That's why Snyder is the blame. Most guys would step in and interfere.

That's why Snyder is the blame. Most guys would step in and interfere.

Interfere with what though? I think most people were down with the Brand signing when it happened, fans and Ed Snider all included. Other than that, what is he to do? That's the most annoying part about the NBA, there is only so much that Stefanski can do no matter how much (or how little) Ed Snider is pressuring him.

Also, for the record, Ed Snider is sort of just a figurehead at this point (for the Flyers and Sixers both). Yes, he signs off on all moves before they're done since he is indeed the chairman at Comcast Spectacor which is the company that owns the teams, but most of the day-to-day interactions and operations are done by Peter Luukko and some of the other head guys with the company. Snider has taken a step back in recent years, I guess mostly because of his age.

Edited by Phightins

Stefanski signed Brand to that mammoth contract, gave Iguodala franchise money, overpaid Lou, and still hasn't fired Eddie Jordan. The Brand misstep didn't look bad to start, but you need more foresight than that as a GM if you're going to pay someone a ton of cash to be your feature player for five years. Now we're stuck as a middling team, not qualifying for a championship or a lottery pick, with a non-contending group of players being paid contender money. Yes Stefanski was probably [expletive] out of luck when he accepted the position, but he really hasn't done much to fix what was an originally a reparable situation. And while Jordan has been the worst at his job by far, the reason he's here (and still here) is all on Stefanski.