Do you think that...

The question is do you guys think professional athletes should be playing in the Olympics? My dad and I were talking and he was telling me years ago you didnt have professionals in the Olympics and think it ruins it with the professional players playing it. I kinda agree tho but i cant argue i like to see some big stars in it but i think my Dad has good point. What you guys think?

With as good as this Olympic hockey tournament was, I certainly hope they continue to allow NHL players to compete. I understand the owner's frustrations though. The NFL just ended, it is time for their sport to take some of that spotlight, and all of a sudden they are taking a three week break. Also, the compressed schedule sucks for everybody, and you know the NHL can't be happy about losing the All Star Game during Olympic years. But with that said, the positive (the fantastic hockey we saw over the past 2 weeks) far outweighs all of those negatives, IMO.

I think hockey is the only sport this really is an issue with. Basketball is in the Summer Olympics, so there is no conflict with the NBA season, MLB players would never be able to compete in the Summer Olympics due to the 162-game schedule and the fact that they are playing every day, and football is not in the Olympics. So no, I have no problem with professional athletes competing in the Olympics, it is just a matter of conflicts with the pro leagues. The NHL is the only league that has to deal with this.

With as good as this Olympic hockey tournament was, I certainly hope they continue to allow NHL players to compete. I understand the owner's frustrations though. The NFL just ended, it is time for their sport to take some of that spotlight, and all of a sudden they are taking a three week break. Also, the compressed schedule sucks for everybody, and you know the NHL can't be happy about losing the All Star Game during Olympic years. But with that said, the positive (the fantastic hockey we saw over the past 2 weeks) far outweighs all of those negatives, IMO.

I think hockey is the only sport this really is an issue with. Basketball is in the Summer Olympics, so there is no conflict with the NBA season, MLB players would never be able to compete in the Summer Olympics due to the 162-game schedule and the fact that they are playing every day, and football is not in the Olympics. So no, I have no problem with professional athletes competing in the Olympics, it is just a matter of conflicts with the pro leagues. The NHL is the only league that has to deal with this.

Watch a World Junoir Championship and you'll change your mind.

I believe they shouldn't but then again some people grow up hoping to play for their country in hockey and basketball and they get removed because they were so good at it that they made it to the top competition which happens to be popular.

Watch a World Junoir Championship and you'll change your mind.

I believe they shouldn't but then again some people grow up hoping to play for their country in hockey and basketball and they get removed because they were so good at it that they made it to the top competition which happens to be popular.

I have watched World Juniors and I know how good it is. But lets get real for a second. The gold-medal game on Sunday got better ratings in America than any non-Super Bowl sporting event since 2004. That does not happen with teams of amateurs unknown to the general public.