Yao's baby to be American?

Kobe24

Chinese fans wonder if Yao's baby will be an American

BEIJING (AP) -- NBA center Yao Ming is going to be a father this summer -- and fans in China are buzzing about whether the baby will be an American.

Yao's personal life is closely followed by his many fans at home, from his 2007 Shanghai wedding to fellow basketball player Ye Li to last month's reports the couple is expecting a baby girl in July.

The 7-foot-6 center, sidelined this season with a broken left foot, recently returned to the United States with Ye, igniting speculation the baby will be born there.

Not too surprised they are making a big deal out of this.. (btw the title is linked to the full article)

Edited by Kobe24

Yeah I know.. they have their little cultural thing against dual citizenship I guess.

Who cares, its not 100% she'll be tall and good at basketball anyway. For all we know she'll be the most uncoordinated kid in the world.

I saw this on ESPN.com, and I can't believe that chinese people would say that it'd be betrayal because it would mean they wouldn't get a potential star player in the future...honestly though, who cares?

I saw that too, its disgusting. I can't believe that the Chinese people would even say crap like this even after all he has done for his country.