What's it going to take?

Real Deal

I've been checking out OTR more recently in the past week or so, but my activity is contingent on how closely I'm following basketball, and I've been working more and spending time on other things. For me, it's not about what you're doing that's keeping me from posting, it's about what I choose to do with my time, and I just haven't been paying much attention to the NBA lately.

There has to be more activity for there to be team captains..

I admit I'm more of a lurker, than a poster..but I'll try n up my activity from now on.

Well every staff member should be active. I rarely ever see you on here.

Arguing is what drove the site down, we should try to avoid that as much as we can. :)

I don't really pay too much attention to the [expletive] here going on besides the basketball side, but I don't see how arguing could drive a site down. Arguing is what brings people back to the site, to see if the person responded. Sure when [expletive] gets personal you draw the line, but we should be encouraging people to argue. Otherwise you just have people posting their thoughts, what's the point?

• Like 1

I don't really pay too much attention to the [expletive] here going on besides the basketball side, but I don't see how arguing could drive a site down. Arguing is what brings people back to the site, to see if the person responded. Sure when [expletive] gets personal you draw the line, but we should be encouraging people to argue. Otherwise you just have people posting their thoughts, what's the point?

We should encourage debating, not arguing. When people argue about personal stuff like "you should just leave the site," that's when people get annoyed and it drives the integrity of the site down. I know, I've done it in the past myself when PFG was here. But I changed that attitude and stick to basketball discussions now, as we all should.