Who would you prefer?

Guest N4S

Who would you prefer?   

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who would you prefer?

Cole Hamels

Record: 42–27

ERA: 3.56

Strikeouts: 594

* All-Star (2007)

* NLCS MVP (2008)

* 2008 World Series MVP

* World Series champion (2008)

===================================

Tim Lincecum

Record: 34–12

ERA: 2.93

Strikeouts: 556

* Golden Spikes Award (2006)

* All-Star (NL): 2008, 2009

* Led majors in strikeouts in 2008

* 2008 NL Cy Young Award

Tim Lincecum because I enjoy the last 3 letters of his name. I think I'd rather have him. From my understanding he is a very very good pitcher who plays on a [expletive]ty team. Hamels hasn't looked that great this year and hasn't been at his World Series form yet.

Obviously I love Hamels, and will be forever grateful for the World [expletive]ing Championship that he brought to our city last year.

But this is a no brainer. Tim Lincecum without a doubt.

Yeah this is a really really easy question. Lincecum is the most dominant pitcher in the game today, he might go down as one of the best ever when his career is over. Picking Hamels over Lincecum cause he was good in the postseason is like saying John Lackey is the best pitcher in baseball cause of what he has done in the postseason.

Lincecum has never pitched a postseason game, or even a "big" regular season game for that matter, so yeah that argument doesn't really work. It might hold some water if Lincecum chokes in big games this September, which it's looking like he will finally have.

Obviously not taking anything away from Cole, but Lincecum is just one of (if not the) nastiest pitchers in the game. He has four disgusting pitches that he is willing to throw in any count. Using wins and strikeout total isn't really fair to Lincecum either since he came into the league a year later.

You can argue Cole Hamels isn't even an ace pitcher. L:cecum gets my vote.

Edit - Who do you perfer David Eckstein or Jose Reyes :)

I like how he has a stretch of a few bad games, which inflates his ERA a good bit, and now all of a sudden he is just a "borderline ace".

Not just you, but all over the media and [expletive].

Edited by Phightins09

Tim Lincecum because I enjoy the last 3 letters of his name. I think I'd rather have him. From my understanding he is a very very good pitcher who plays on a [expletive]ty team. Hamels hasn't looked that great this year and hasn't been at his World Series form yet.

The Giants are leading the NL wild card. How are they a [expletive]ty team?

All fans of NL team better hope to God that the Giants do not make the playoffs. Regardless of what you think of their offense, getting them in the first round short series could be deadly, when in 3 of the 5 games you will have to face either Lincecum or Cain.

The Giants are leading the NL wild card. How are they a [expletive]ty team?

The Giants are like 7 games above .500. Since 2002 they havn't done [expletive], but lose games. They havn't proven anything to rid themselves of the [expletive]ty team label. They could very well be back below .500 if they get into a slump.

The Giants are like 7 games above .500. Since 2002 they havn't done [expletive], but lose games. They havn't proven anything to rid themselves of the [expletive]ty team label. They could very well be back below .500 if they get into a slump.

This season, they aren't a [expletive]ty team. In the playoffs, they'll get rid of that label.

Both Giants and Mariners can meet in the World Series, so I don't agree with you.

I like how he has a stretch of a few bad games, which inflates his ERA a good bit, and now all of a sudden he is just a "borderline ace".

Not just you, but all over the media and [expletive].

First of all - I'm not even basing this statement off of this year

Second of all - I do believe hes a solid ace

Has Tim had the chance to play in good meaningful games?

obviously no, but hamels has shown that he can handle it. its not a disadvantage to tim, its just an advantage to hamels

and i agree with a few people, i love cole hamels, but lincecum is just a better pitcher. there really isnt much to argue. tim is probably a top 3 pitcher in the league, and has a good shot at taking that #1 spot when he gets more experince