General Baseball Thread

Phightins

Watching LA-Atl right now, nothing feels like baseball quite like listening to Vin Scully call a game, I'm extremely jealous of you LA fans. I remember he used to the play by play for All Star Baseball 2000, with Chipper Jones on the cover, the greatest baseball game for the playstation.

Just turned the game on and of course Russell Martin gets a ground-rule double. I swear something bad always happens when I turn the game on.

Braves-Dodgers Gamethread :)

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to to add another pitcher considering they have three rookies in the starting rotation.

One of the rookies is a strong candidate for rookie of the year. Once they get Penny back they are fine with those 4 and whoever they can get at 5. If anything they should go out and get a better middle infielder or reliever.

One thing I do like about the MLB All-Star game is the fact that the outcome has significance, and every team is represented by at least one of their players.

What I don't like is that it's hard for the players to feel the significance of the game when it's only July.

I am not a fan of the All Star Game counting for World Series home field advantage, but yes, it does make the games more interesting and exciting. I do enjoy the All Star week festivities, and of course the actual game, but the fan voting process is very flawed (as it is in every sport).

If not the allstar game determining home field, what should? Better record? That's not fair either. Interleague play record? That's not fair either. There is no good way to determine home field advantage, at least this makes the ASG better.

If not the allstar game determining home field, what should? Better record? That's not fair either. Interleague play record? That's not fair either. There is no good way to determine home field advantage, at least this makes the ASG better.

Better record is far more fair than the league that wins the All Star game.

eh like 20 per month, I think they lowered the price for like a midseason deal, not sure tho, I got 120 package for the whole year, totally worth it

Doesn't seem too bad. I'd probably get it if we had more discussion here. Outside of OTR, and the occasional conversation with a friend, I don't talk about baseball because most of my friends only follow football.

I tried joining a baseball forum but it just seemed weird since I'm so use to posting here. :lol:

Doesn't seem too bad. I'd probably get it if we had more discussion here. Outside of OTR, and the occasional conversation with a friend, I don't talk about baseball because most of my friends only follow football.

I tried joining a baseball forum but it just seemed weird since I'm so use to posting here. :lol:

Agreed, we have some good dedicated baseball fans on this forum, just wish we could get some more.

On Tuesday when Stephen Strasburg and Mike Stanton make their debut should we have a thread for each one? or just one thread to discuss each?

You should go back to just making baseball gameday discussions...

I made them for about a week but people stopped posting in them after the first day. :(

I know, just do it tho, lol, somedays I can't that was a bad week, they r just nice to have there, maybe just make all 7 at the beginning of the week, or do gameday discussion for Monday-Thurs and Fri-Sun

I know, just do it tho, lol, somedays I can't that was a bad week, they r just nice to have there, maybe just make all 7 at the beginning of the week, or do gameday discussion for Monday-Thurs and Fri-Sun

I'll just do one for everyday I guess. I'll try to spice it up somehow maybe by posting the standings, major news, or something that will make it more exciting haha.