General Baseball Thread

Phightins

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the Cubs are moving Carlos Zambrano to the bullpen to be their setup man.

After watching him last night he just doesn't have it anymore. He's lost so much velocity on his fastball and has trouble throwing strikes, just doesn't have what it takes to be a starter.

After watching him last night he just doesn't have it anymore. He's lost so much velocity on his fastball and has trouble throwing strikes, just doesn't have what it takes to be a starter.

I think it's a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. As soon as somebody gets hurt, or when Carlos Silva starts pitching like Carlos Silva, he will be right back in there.

Brewers beat Pirates 20-0. The Pirates have been outscored 85-13 in their losses. I actually thought they'd be a bit better this year...

Wow, I just saw this score run across the bottom line. That's embarrassing.

"Good things happen to good people like Ryan," Pujols said. "He's worth everything he gets because he's proved it."

Read more: http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/19808/20100427/pujols_says_howard_is_worth_$125m/#ixzz0mJv7hNmL

Source

I wonder how much Pujols thinks hes worth.

Strasburg threw 64 pitches in 5 no-hit innings today and got pulled. I believe he proved all he can at AA and now is headed to AAA.

He is not long for the minor leagues. I don't expect his stay at AAA to be much longer than this was. Unless the Nationals are scared of starting his arbitration clock and keep him there until the end of the year, lol. No way that happens though.

He is not long for the minor leagues. I don't expect his stay at AAA to be much longer than this was. Unless the Nationals are scared of starting his arbitration clock and keep him there until the end of the year, lol. No way that happens though.

They are in 2nd place I wonder if anyone in the organization actually believes that if they bring him up quicker they might have a shot at the wild card...

They are in 2nd place I wonder if anyone in the organization actually believes that if they bring him up quicker they might have a shot at the wild card...

Even with him I really don't see them lasting. I have always liked their lineup, but their pitching is atrocious and one guy is not going to change that, IMO.

Mets 4th team in MLB histroy to be down 5 games in April and come into May in first place all by themselves.

Strasburg got hammered on today but it looks likes he is head to AAA. We'll probably see him sometime round May 15th-20th.