General Baseball Thread

Phightins

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Related to that video...

Apparently the Giants filed a complaint with Major League Baseball following the game, and as a result, an MLB official will now oversee the humidor at Coors Field. Previously, a Rockies employee was in charge of it. This is potentially big..

Holy [expletive], are the Mets serious? When will they let this Utley thing go? If they had that much of a problem they'd grow a set of balls and throw at him or have a base runner take him out hard. But instead, they whine about him through the media 2 full games later (I am looking at you in particular, Mr. Beltran). Unreal. What a bunch of pussies. I guess this is mostly sour grapes for a [expletive]ty year. Also, ironic that the only two people who don't seem to have an issue with the slide are Ruben Tejada (the guy Utley took out) and Jerry Manuel. Well, Jerry probably realizes that if half of his players played as hard as Utley, he wouldn't be losing his job in 2 weeks.

Sorry Fish :(

Edited by Phightins

Holy [expletive], are the Mets serious? When will they let this Utley thing go? If they had that much of a problem they'd grow a set of balls and throw at him or have a base runner take him out hard. But instead, they whine about him through the media 2 full games later (I am looking at you in particular, Mr. Beltran). Unreal. What a bunch of pussies. I guess this is mostly sour grapes for a [expletive]ty year. Also, ironic that the only two people who don't seem to have an issue with the slide are Ruben Tejada (the guy Utley took out) and Jerry Manuel. Well, Jerry probably realizes that if half of his players played as hard as Utley, he wouldn't be losing his job in 2 weeks.

Sorry Fish :(

You mad cause the Mets beat the Phillies today :glasses: Edited by Fish7718

You mad cause the Mets beat the Phillies today :glasses:

It actually works out somewhat well. I am kind of hoping the Phillies get to clinch on the road so all the frontrunners who paid top dollar on StubHub to see a potential clinch this weekend (and for most of them, probably their first live game of the season) get screwed.

But I'd take a win tomorrow just as well!

This is like the most uneventful end of the year, ever. There's like 10 teams for 8 spots.

The NL was pretty fun until the Phillies swept the Braves. The Wild Card/West is still pretty cool. The AL is quite uneventful like usual.

Rays rookie hazing

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/philsphan1210/Full.jpg

From left, the group is Wade Davis, Jeremy Hellickson, Mike Ekstrom, Sean Rodriguez, Reid Brignac, David Price, Stan Boroski (assistant to the pitching coach), Desmond Jennings, Jake McGee, John Jaso and Matt Joyce. All players who didn't have a full year in the majors had to participate.

Link

LOL @ Brignac :lol:

Edited by Phightins

If the Phillies hold on today, they will be in a super weird situation tomorrow. If they win (and Padres win, of course), there's a decent chance the Giants will be matched up with them in the NLDS, which is definitely not wanted. If the Phillies lose tomorrow (and Padres win), all hell will break loose. But that "hell" will be super entertaining to watch as an outsider.

Edited by Phightins

Whatever you want to do. I think last year we had a thread for each series, and it seemed to work. Doesn't matter who makes them I guess.

Alright, well, I'll make the Braves-Giants/Rangers-Rays threads and you can do the Phillies-Reds/Yankees-Twins.

The part about the postseason I HATE is the national media presence. I mean, I live and die with my team all year, following every move for all 162 games with all of the local media guys, and then in October the national writers and national broadcasters come in and show their ignorance. Asking the players/managers stupid questions in the press conferences, making ignorant observations on the air, etc. Clearly showing that they know nothing about this team, but we have to deal with them for the biggest games of the year. Kind of feels like a slap in the face. Not sure if anybody else feels that way.

But it's better than the alternative, which is sitting at home in October, I guess.

Edited by Phightins