Somethin brewin in Philly...

Guest Need4Sheed

Guest Need4Sheed

Key points:

1. Reid finally changed his stance and said they are listening to offers for McNabb.

2. Teams that offers have been discussed with are the Bills, Raiders, and Rams.

3. Rams apparently are offering the 33rd first round pick.

4. McNabb said he still wants to play in Philly but if something is going to happen he is asking that it happens sooner than later.

Sounds like the McNabb-to-Rams trade has a very good chance of happening.

Donovan McNabb could be in a Rams uniform by the end of the day, possibly by the end of the week.

The Eagles have an offer on the table that would give them St. Louis' second-round draft pick (33d overall) in exchange for McNabb. That deal, however, is "not yet completed," according to a league source.

McNabb would be willing to go to the Rams if he was given a contract extension, according to a source close to the situation. He would not be willing to play for Buffalo or Oakland, two moribund franchises that might be willing to take McNabb without an extension.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/McNabb_to_the_Rams_on_the_table.html

I'm probably gonna get LOLed at for this, but....what if Reid decided to select Tebow with that pick? How would the rest of my fellow Eagles fans feel? :lol:

Nothing would surprise me actually.

If St. Louis accepts that I'd be very happy from a football standpoint (obviously I will miss Donovan a lot). I really don't see them getting anything more than that. And St. Louis's 2nd round pick is essentially a first round pick, haha.

What I don't understand is why Donovan would want to go to St. Louis, although he has a past with their offensive coordinator, and of course Spagnuolo.

Edited by Phightins

The Eagles have an offer on the table that would give them St. Louis' second-round draft pick (33d overall) and free safety Oshiomogho Atogwe in exchange for McNabb. That deal, however, is "not yet completed," according to a league source.

same article as before, i guess they added in the safety late

but really hope this goes through, i would be very happy with it. they would get essentially a first round pick as well as a starting safety. i dont know a lot about atogwe, but i think he is supposed to be a very good safety and is only 28

i love this trade, but i want to see reid talking to other teams like san fran also and try to get them to offer something better and compete with st louis. reid is usually pretty good with that, so we can only hope he makes the right decision and pulls the trigger at the right time

I feel bad for Mcnabb, hes basically the best thing that has happened for philly the past 20 years, and he gets no love :( I remember a few years ago getting siked of a possible briggs for mcnabb trade, wonder how that would have worked out for both teams.

philly goes through this [expletive] as often as Brett Favre does, so I don't want to see any Philly fans complaining when Favre talks begin again

I had something else posted, but either way this makes no sense.

Edited by BasX

philly goes through this [expletive] as often as Brett Favre does, so I don't want to see any Philly fans complaining when Favre talks begin again

not really. there are some (dumb) philly fans that have always hated him and wanted him gone. but i think a good amount of philly fans have supported him and think that he should be traded now because it would be the smartest move for the franchise.

there isnt much switching back and forth though

Guest Need4Sheed

cool

Guest Need4Sheed
ESPN's Sal Paolantonio believes the situation in Philadelphia has reached the point where Donovan McNabb "can't possibly succeed" in 2010.

Sal Pal pointed out that the Eagles made McNabb "the lamest of lame duck quarterbacks," alienated him, and "undermined his moral authority in the locker room" by not extending him beyond 2010 while entertaining trade talks. The situation appears to be beyond fixing, and McNabb's comments indicate that he's ready to move on to a new team. The 49ers may be emerging as a "darkhorse" candidate.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/12317/podcast-paolantonio-on-donovan-mcnabb

Guest Need4Sheed

Now the Eagles are stating they want a top 42 draft pick for him.

Ya know, this just shows how desperate they are at this point.

They really burned all bridges at this point with him and waited too long IMO.