Somethin brewin in Philly...

Guest Need4Sheed

Who do you guys think wins the deal? I think the Eagles do, but my friend who is an Eagles fan says the Raiders would win the deal.

Raiders havent had stability at QB since Rich Gannon. Raiders win the deal with ease.

Edited by Confidence

an eagles trade for aso would be pretty tough to do. eagles wouldnt do mcnabb for aso because they already have asante, brown, hobbs, and the guy from indy (he played cb but i think he will play safety for the eagles). then if the eagles trade either of the two starters then we would have to get much more then aso for him.

aso and second round (8th in second round) for asante/brown and mcnabb? huge trade, seems like a longshot to me

Any news on if favre is coming back? If not, minny should look into acquiring Donovan.

McNabb said he would prefer Minnesota if he were to be traded, but it's highly unlikely with Favre's indecision, which will probably last the whole offseason. Also, Philly doesn't give a [expletive] what McNabb wants, and I doubt they'd trade to a competitor.

McNabb said he would prefer Minnesota if he were to be traded, but it's highly unlikely with Favre's indecision, which will probably last the whole offseason. Also, Philly doesn't give a [expletive] what McNabb wants, and I doubt they'd trade to a competitor.

yeah, he is less likely for the vikings because they are a good team in the NFC. a team like st louis or oakland are more likely. but i think if the vikings gave a good enough offer then the eagles would do the trade

Now the Eagles are stating they want a top 42 draft pick for him.

Ya know, this just shows how desperate they are at this point.

They really burned all bridges at this point with him and waited too long IMO.

Don't read too much into that. Remember, we have heard about 5 or 6 different scenarios over the past couple days, and what the Eagles "are looking for". Just the media pulling [expletive] out of their rear ends because their bogus "sources" told them something. Until I see Donovan McNabb getting introduced by a new team and see what the Eagles got in return, I am not going to read too much into anything I hear.

Guest Need4Sheed

The Eagles have shed RB Brian Westbrook, DE Darren Howard, G Shawn Andrews, LB Will Witherspoon, WRs Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown and DE Chris Clemons, in addition to Brown and Gocong, and apparently are attempting to trade franchise QB Donovan McNabb.

Think they are gonna make a free agent run at Lebron James next year.

Browns, Eagles complete blockbuster trade

Browns acquired CB Sheldon Brown and LB Chris Gocong from the Eagles in exchange for LB Alex Hall, a fourth-round pick, and a fifth-round pick.

The 31-year-old Brown, still playing at a high level, went on the trading block with the Eagles unwilling to sign him to a long-term deal. He'll receive a new contract and move into the Browns starting lineup opposite Eric Wright, eliminating the need for a corner at No. 7 overall. Gocong, a better fit in the 3-4 defense, could start opposite Matt Roth on the outside. The Browns did well to plug two defensive holes for a pair of mid-round picks.

Twitter

Opening a CB spot for Asomugha maybe??

ive been gone for the past week, but just heard about sheldon brown. he was one of my favorite eagles, always tough and hitting people, hasnt missed a game in his career. i was hoping he would step up as more of a leader when dawkins left, but it didnt happen too much.

i dont understand why trading gocong though

but eagles value 4th and 5th round picks way too much