Do you use Twitter?

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow, all these "I don't see the point..." I just made one and I'm getting feed from "Sports writers" all I'm using it for is breaking news, or if anything happens. It's not like I'm tweeting people or trying to make friends. Twitter is more of an application... I don't see why so many people are down on it...

I use it for precisely the reason N4S said. It is by far the best way to get breaking sports news. The beat writers will ALWAYS post their breaking news on Twitter before anywhere else. They all love being the first to break a story, and it is much faster to write a 140 character "Tweet" than it is to write up a whole story. It is one of the greatest innovations for sports fans of the past 10 years, easily. I don't understand why so many people don't understand the point haha.

I will agree though, I can't stand the "average Joes" with 15 followers who constantly post updates. But those of you using that as a reason to bash Twitter should realize that just because you have an account doesn't mean you need to do that. I've only made 3 "Tweets" in my entire time on Twitter I think, and all of them were questions to beat writers of my favorite teams. You should all really try it out. I think now pretty much all sports writers have them and as I said, you will always hear about breaking sports news on Twitter before anywhere else. Every time.

Guest Need4Sheed

I use it for precisely the reason N4S said. It is by far the best way to get breaking sports news. The beat writers will ALWAYS post their breaking news on Twitter before anywhere else. They all love being the first to break a story, and it is much faster to write a 140 character "Tweet" than it is to write up a whole story. It is one of the greatest innovations for sports fans of the past 10 years, easily. I don't understand why so many people don't understand the point haha.

Ya man you are so right. I knew about this Philly/Cle trade b4 anyone I knew because of Twitter.