The My QB is better than yours! Thread

Lkr

Rodgers career rating: 97.2

Romo's: 95.6

The stats say Rodgers is clearly better even behind the worst OL in the NFL.

Rodgers doesn't have the worst O-line if football though, the QB behind the line makes it look worse too. As I said many times a good chunk of his sacks come from him just holding the ball too long and not finding open receivers quick enough, even when he does find them he gets trigger shy and holds the ball. Romo is a risk taker always has always will be which is why he will throw more interceptions but he gets sacked a lot less and it won't show up in the numbers just how much pressure other teams get on Romo but I'll tell you the Cowboys pass protection is not that much better than the Packers. This is why Witten gets so many touches because he is usually Romo's hot route and he runs a lot of short patterns that are easy to hit. Even then it is ridiculous to say the stats say Rodgers is 'clearly better' because you're not even taking into account career record. Romo is better, and I'll argue this as long as you want and you won't win. Edited by Fish7718

Rodgers doesn't have the worst O-line if football though, the QB behind the line makes it look worse too. As I said many times a good chunk of his sacks come from him just holding the ball too long and not finding open receivers quick enough, even when he does find them he gets trigger shy and holds the ball. Romo is a risk taker always has always will be which is why he will throw more interceptions but he gets sacked a lot less and it won't show up in the numbers just how much pressure other teams get on Romo but I'll tell you the Cowboys pass protection is not that much better than the Packers. This is why Witten gets so many touches because he is usually Romo's hot route and he runs a lot of short patterns that are easy to hit. Even then it is ridiculous to say the stats say Rodgers is 'clearly better' because you're not even taking into account career record. Romo is better, and I'll argue this as long as you want and you won't win.

Lol Romo didn't sit behind Brett Farve for 3 seasons so obviously his career record will be better. So we'll just take the past 2 seasons.

Completion % (Rodgers threw more total passes than Romo):

Rodgers - 64.15%

Romo - 62.2%

Passing Yards:

Rodgers - 8,472

Romo - 7,931

Passing TD's:

Rodgers - 58

Romo - 52

Rushing TD's:

Rodgers - 9

Romo - 1

Interceptions:

Rodgers: 20

Romo: 23

Passer Rating:

Rodgers: 98.5

Romo: 94.5

Games Played:

Rodgers - 32

Romo - 29

You guys decide. I'm taking Rodgers all day without question.

Lol Romo didn't sit behind Brett Farve for 3 seasons so obviously his career record will be better. So we'll just take the past 2 seasons.

Completion % (Rodgers threw more total passes than Romo):

Rodgers - 64.15%

Romo - 62.2%

Passing Yards:

Rodgers - 8,472

Romo - 7,931

Passing TD's:

Rodgers - 58

Romo - 52

Rushing TD's:

Rodgers - 9

Romo - 1

Interceptions:

Romo: 23

Passer Rating:

Romo: 94.5

Games Played:

Rodgers - 32

Romo - 29

You guys decide. I'm taking Rodgers all day without question.

It's cute how you're just going ignore Tony Romo in 2007, and use the year he was injured in 08, you're right Tony Romo didn't sit behind Favre for 3 years, he sat behind Drew Brees and Vinny Testaverde for 3 years.

I'll update your cute little stats for you

Completion % (Rodgers threw 7 more total passes than Romo):

Rodgers - 64.15%

Romo - 63.73%

Passing Yards:

Rodgers - 8,472

Romo - 8,694

Passing TD's:

Rodgers - 58

Romo - 62

Rushing TD's:

Rodgers - 9

Romo - 3

Interceptions:

Romo: 28

Passer Rating:

Romo: 97.5

Games Played (including playoffs):

Rodgers - 33

Romo - 35

Total Wins (including playoffs):

Rodgers - 18

Romo - 25

Times Sacked:

Rodgers - 84

Romo - 54

Yeah I'll take Romo thanks

Taking a 2 year skewed sample is completely ridiculous.

If you're talking about my 2 year period then how is it ridiculous?

I posted their stats since Rodgers became a starter in the NFL and he's clearly outperformed Romo in that time period.

If you're talking about my 2 year period then how is it ridiculous?

I posted their stats since Rodgers became a starter in the NFL and he's clearly outperformed Romo in that time period.

It includes Romo's down/injured '08 and not his brilliant '07. There's also no bearing on his 70 extra pass attempts over the past two years. If I had any time, I'd break it down more accurately... But I have to go to work.

If I'm choosing between Romo and Rodgers, I'm taking Rodgers because of age/arm strength. But to discredit Romo is silly... He's a top QB in the NFL.

It includes Romo's down/injured '08 and not his brilliant '07. There's also no bearing on his 70 extra pass attempts over the past two years. If I had any time, I'd break it down more accurately... But I have to go to work.

If I'm choosing between Romo and Rodgers, I'm taking Rodgers because of age/arm strength. But to discredit Romo is silly... He's a top QB in the NFL.

I'm not saying Romo sucks. I just don't think he's a top 5 QB in the NFL right now or on the level or Rodgers. Romo may have had a great 2007 throwing to a still in his prime Terrell Owens and behind a much better OL, but since Rodgers became a starter he's outplayed Romo and the stats don't lie.

I'm not saying Romo sucks. I just don't think he's a top 5 QB in the NFL right now or on the level or Rodgers. Romo may have had a great 2007 throwing to a still in his prime Terrell Owens and behind a much better OL, but since Rodgers became a starter he's outplayed Romo and the stats don't lie.

When, besides one season, has Romo come close to having the weapons that the Packers have on offense? Driver/Jennings alone is miles better than the one man Owens show. Another ridiculous point brought up.

If we're talking about Rodgers vs. Romo, take career averages... not two year skews.

I hope you're joking, the cowboys yes have a nice big run line, but their pass blocking is terrible. Couple that with having to go up against the Eagles and Giants pass rush and Romo has just as bad a line as Rodgers. Jennings Vs Owens is a wash since 07 and now I'd give the advantage to Jennings. Rodgers also had donald driver and jordy nelson, much better recievers than patrick crayton and roy williams. Career record says it all, Romo gets it done, Rodgers doesn't.

Guest Need4Sheed

Top 10

Peyton Manning – 99

Drew Brees – 99

Tom Brady – 95

Aaron Rodgers – 93

Phillip Rivers – 93

Brett Favre – 92

Ben Roethlisberger – 91

Donovan McNabb – 90

Tony Romo – 89

Matt Schaub – 89

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/04/24/madden-11-top-qb-ratings

Peyton Manning – 99

Drew Brees – 99

Tom Brady – 95

Aaron Rodgers – 93

Phillip Rivers – 92

Ben Roethlisberger – 90

Donovan McNabb – 89

Tony Romo – 89

Brett Favre – 88

Matt Schaub – 88

What had Romo ever gotten done? You're putting way too much stock into the career record.

38-17, 3 playoff appearances, what has Rodgers ever gotten done?

i love how fish is always the only one trying to fight for tony homo.

Lol I'm the only active Cowboys fan on the board I don't here non Packers fans telling me why Rodgers is so good. Why does that matter anyway? Tony Romo is just everybody's favorite QB to hate on for some reason. He's a tremendous QB and the Cowboys would be a sub .500 team without him.

38-17, 3 playoff appearances, what has Rodgers ever gotten done?

Lol I'm the only active Cowboys fan on the board I don't here non Packers fans telling me why Rodgers is so good. Why does that matter anyway? Tony Romo is just everybody's favorite QB to hate on for some reason. He's a tremendous QB and the Cowboys would be a sub .500 team without him.

Romo has been a starter since what, 2006? Rodgers has been a starter for 2 years. What is so difficult to understand here?

Romo doesn't suck, but since Rodgers became an NFL starter he's outperformed Romo in those 2 years. Where do you think GB would be without Rodgers?

• Like 1

Romo has been a starter since what, 2006? Rodgers has been a starter for 2 years. What is so difficult to understand here?

Romo doesn't suck, but since Rodgers became an NFL starter he's outperformed Romo in those 2 years. Where do you think GB would be without Rodgers?

Rodgers hasn't out performed Romo at all is what I'm telling you. Apparently you don't understand that. Who took their team farther this year? Romo is better deal with it.

Rodgers hasn't out performed Romo at all is what I'm telling you. Apparently you don't understand that. Who took their team farther this year? Romo is better deal with it.

Rodgers played against the defending NFC champs in the playoffs and is the only reason GB made that comeback to begin with. We almost shut you guys out when we played this year idk what else to debate. Each teams record was identical and we won the head to head matchup. The stats since Rodgers took over as a starter are in his favor.

Edited by Flash
  • Like 1

Rodgers played against the defending NFC champs in the playoffs and is the only reason GB made that comeback to begin with. We almost shut you guys out when we played this year idk what else to debate. Each teams record was identical and we won the head to head matchup. The stats since Rodgers took over as a starter are in his favor.

Fish will defend Romo even if he is 0-30 with 20INTs.

Tony Romo's seasons as a starter:

335/520 | 4211 Yards | 36TD | 19INT

276/450 | 3448 Yards | 26TD | 14INT

347/550 | 4483 Yards | 26TD | 9INT

Totals: 958/1520 (63%) | 12,142 Yards | 88 TD | 42 INT

Aaron Rodgers' seasons as a starter:

341/536 | 4038 Yards | 28 TD | 13 INT

350/541 | 4434 Yards | 30 TD | 7 INT

Totals: 691/1077 (64%) | 8472 Yards | 58 TD | 20 INT

Tomo Romo's averages as a starter:

319\507 | 4047 Yards | 29 TD | 14 INT

Aaron Rodgers' averages as a starter: