GM6: LA Lakers (3) @ Oklahoma City (2)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome series, the Thunder have nothing to be ashamed about, they gave it there all and showed just how scary of a team they can be in the future.

• Owner

Good game, happy to win, but I don't like a lot of things that Phil did.

1) He pulled Kobe out when he was on fire, and didn't even play him until six minutes into the fourth, which was a HUGE mistake.

2) He pulled Shannon out when he was on fire, and acted as if he was in trouble, for some reason.

3) He stuck Fisher back on Westbrook ONLY because the Thunder were screening Kobe off of Russell. So what? That gave Westbrook the green light to attack, and he did.

Shannon hit shots, but his defense absolutely sucked, and he kept making bad decisions when he actually had the ball in his hands over five seconds, one a costly turnover that led to him being put on a poster.

Gasol's offensive board and putback locked it up, and 18 rebounds were fantastic. He has to be more effective in the offense, though.

Ron's defense was good, and he actually didn't do so bad offensively for a while, until he took a few long-range shots that were contested and unnecessary (one near the end of the game, where Kobe went nuts and threw up his hands).

Bynum found his way into Phil's doghouse again, with his pathetic defense and his three-second calls.

Fisher didn't do too bad. Odom could've given us more.

Kobe's 16 in the third was key, though. If he had played most of the fourth, and actually had the ball in his hands for the first two minutes after he returned, we would've maintained that seven-point lead. 32 points, nearly 50% FG, seven boards...just a strong game from Kobe in a crucial Game 6.

• Owner

What the hell? Only half of what I wrote posted. :huh:

Anyway, good job on a very strong season by OKC. Durant struggled, but his teammates did step up big.

Props to Westbrook for dominating our weak PG's and knowing when to attack, and a massive round of applause to Serge Ibaka, who will be a very good player in the league someday (and he's pretty good already, to be honest).

[expletive] gasol and [expletive] nick collison! seriously ur in there it boxout and and set screens and u let gasol waltz in there and get a nice putback :angry:

we played horrible down the stretch when we should of pushed it instead of taking late shots. we should of played harden more.

next seadon i hope to see scotty trying new starting five with ibaka and harden starting or keep harden on the bench.

happy with durants performance even tho he didn't shoot the ball well at least he didn't settle of jumpers and attacked the rim

All-Aboard the LeBronwagon! repping cavs for the playoffs

[expletive] gasol and [expletive] nick collison! seriously ur in there it boxout and and set screens and u let gasol waltz in there and get a nice putback :angry:

we played horrible down the stretch when we should of pushed it instead of taking late shots. we should of played harden more.

next seadon i hope to see scotty trying new starting five with ibaka and harden starting or keep harden on the bench.

happy with durants performance even tho he didn't shoot the ball well at least he didn't settle of jumpers and attacked the rim

All-Aboard the LeBronwagon! repping cavs for the playoffs

It was Ibaka's missed assignment, not Collison's.

• Owner

It was Ibaka's missed assignment, not Collison's.

Yeah, but Collison needed to get back to the rim. There was no need for him to even move towards Bryant if he didn't even help contest that shot Kobe took in the first place, and helping Ibaka box out a guy who has pulled down 18 boards is just as important.

I disagree with the Thunder playing bad down the stretch. They didn't do so bad, they just didn't close it out. The third quarter hurt them the most, but that was due to Bryant's aggressiveness. Had Kobe been given the first six minutes of the fourth, or given the ball within the first 2-3 minutes of his return to the floor (I think just two shots in the fourth), I believe the Lakers would've been in a better situation down the road, and this game would've never required a game-winning putback...but hey, that's Phil Jackson for you.

Yeah, but Collison needed to get back to the rim. There was no need for him to even move towards Bryant if he didn't even help contest that shot Kobe took in the first place, and helping Ibaka box out a guy who has pulled down 18 boards is just as important.

I disagree with the Thunder playing bad down the stretch. They didn't do so bad, they just didn't close it out. The third quarter hurt them the most, but that was due to Bryant's aggressiveness. Had Kobe been given the first six minutes of the fourth, or given the ball within the first 2-3 minutes of his return to the floor (I think just two shots in the fourth), I believe the Lakers would've been in a better situation down the road, and this game would've never required a game-winning putback...but hey, that's Phil Jackson for you.

haha okay maybe i was caught up in the moment, they didnt play horrible but i didnt like how they played down the stretch. i remember brooks called a timeout when everything was going our way after westbrooks and 1. i disagreed with that timeout but im not the coach.

we had our chances oh well gonna be a awesome next season