Blackhawks vs Flyers

reno

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

flyers played a decent game. they played the blackhawks game and got beat at it. they werent outplayed at all, but it isnt the style of play the flyers are used to. this series is far from over. hopefully the flyers can settle in and play their game in game 2

gonna be interesting which goalie the flyers start but im expecting leighton

Last goal shouldn't have counted as it went off someone on the Blackhawks bench but the refs missed several Flyers penalties throughout the game.

Should be an interesting game two.

i think they missed calls pretty evenly for both teams, besides the richards high stick. the only penalties called in the game were the obvious ones that they had no choice on. first two penalties were broken sticks, third was an obvious high stick, and the last was a cheap shot from burrish

i think they missed calls pretty evenly for both teams, besides the richards high stick. the only penalties called in the game were the obvious ones that they had no choice on. first two penalties were broken sticks, third was an obvious high stick, and the last was a cheap shot from burrish

Not denying Blackhawks penalties were penalties but Flyers got away with a couple of calls that easily could have been made.

The Richards high-stick was clearly missed, and there might have been a questionable holding later on that could have gone either way, but otherwise I don't think they missed a whole lot. When you are as undisciplined as the Blackhawks were for most of the first two periods yesterday, I guess the refs don't tend to give you the questionable calls. Obviously the Richards high-stick was clear as day and there's no excuse for missing that. (And yes, it is very weird seeing a team being so much less disciplined than the Flyers).

Also, Ryan Parent played a total of 41 seconds yesterday, and was burned on the first goal. Obviously it's risky to only dress 5 defensemen in a postseason game, but what's the point of dressing Parent if they have that little confidence in him. Better off dressing Carcillo.

Edited by Phightins

Not denying Blackhawks penalties were penalties but Flyers got away with a couple of calls that easily could have been made.

yeah, im just saying that they really only called penalties when they had no choice, for both teams. and the flyers really didnt have many obvious penalties if any (aside from the richards high stick)

[expletive] that game 2 thread

but anyone who says the series is over (ive heard it a few times) knows absolutely nothing about hockey and absolutely nothing about the flyers or philadelphia. the series is at 2-0, but that doesnt reflect the gameplay at all. philly is probably the hardest place to play in the league, many current and past players have said it, the hawks better not come in thinking it is just a regular road game (although i hope they do). laviolette and this flyers team will not ever quit and they will be flying in game 3. i cant wait