Jimenez > Lincecum

trutrojan8

not at all. jimenez is a really good pitcher, but he isnt lincecum level yet. lincecum has been great for a couple years, jimenez has had potential but has only been great in his 10 starts this year. if he keeps that .78 all year then we can talk

Jimenez is [expletive]ing disgusting, but I still take Lincecum. And I still think Lincecum finishes this season with better numbers across the board than Jimenez, and probably wins the Cy Young. Lincecum is having some control issues right now but that will straighten itself out.

One thing is for certain, seeing these guys go head to head frequently for the next decade will be a lot of fun (assuming the Rockies can keep Jimenez).

not at all. jimenez is a really good pitcher, but he isnt lincecum level yet. lincecum has been great for a couple years, jimenez has had potential but has only been great in his 10 starts this year. if he keeps that .78 all year then we can talk

His 0.78 ERA is like the 3rd best in the history of baseball through 11 starts. And half of those were in the biggest hitter's park in baseball. I'd take Ubaldo over Lincecum to build a franchise around.

His 0.78 ERA is like the 3rd best in the history of baseball through 11 starts. And half of those were in the biggest hitter's park in baseball. I'd take Ubaldo over Lincecum to build a franchise around.

Not to take anything away from Jimenez, but you are only saying that because you are a Rockies fan. I think most neutral fans would still take Lincecum (although that is up for debate as time goes on). If Jimenez proves me wrong and is better than Lincecum for a significant period of time, then I will reevaluate.

Maybe it doesn't help that I'm a Rockies fan, but Jimenez certainly has the best numbers thusfar in the season in baseball history (or at the least top 3). Give me his 2 seam over Lincecum's changeup any day of the week.

There is certainly no doubting who the better pitcher has been thus far this year.

Maybe it doesn't help that I'm a Rockies fan, but Jimenez certainly has the best numbers thusfar in the season in baseball history (or at the least top 3). Give me his 2 seam over Lincecum's changeup any day of the week.

exactly, so far this season. that is definitely an accomplishment, but nothing more then that. you cant that a guy who has been good for 10 starts is better then a guy who has been good for a few years. it doesnt work like that. if jimenez finishes the season way better then lincecum then we can discuss, but until then it makes no sense

I highly doubt he finishes with a better ERA than Halladay.

He's a very good pitcher, but he's not better than the other three mentioned.

If not for the worst start of his career in philly he'd have a 1.8 era this year...