Nets turn down Dooling for Beasley

xx.

I could kind of understand that. Sounds like the Nets are going to be drafting Favors, who functions primarily as a power forward and would not really be much of a true center, which he would have to be if he was in the starting lineup with Beasley.

At first glance I'm not the least bit shocked that Nets fans would be rioting over rejecting this trade, but when you analyze it, it makes sense.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that the Heat would even offer this trade. I mean, Keyon Dooling? Seriously? I thought Beasley was one of the core pieces of the Heat, why would they be throwing him out in trade offers like this? I am seriously befuddled.

Look at the effect accepting the offer would have had on Jersey's cap space, along with the fact that Beasley isn't a guarantee to perform to what the cap loss is worth.

As Steve said, it's important to have Dooling with the added youth. Unfortunately, though, I don't think that's why the Nets declined the offer.

Proves how desperate the Heat are to get rid of Beasley. I don't see a bright future for him with the Heat, especially after he finds out the Heat tried trading him for Dooling.

1. why would Miami offer this!?

2. why would New Jersey decline this? even if they draft a PF, they could still move Beasley for a decent player.

Uh, no? If they would accept Dooling for him, what makes you think any of the other teams would want him?

I'm finding this pretty hard to believe. Their source shows that it's an ESPN insider article. I'm not an insider, so I have no idea what the contents of the article is. I can't see Riley doing a trade as bad as this one. It's just stupid all-around, and not smart for the Nets to reject this. My guess is that the HEAT would be the ones turning down Dooling for Beasley from a NETS offer.

Also shows how important cap space is at the moment. The Nets turned down this trade because they clearly still believe that they can attract 2 max free agents and getting Beasley, while he is a good player, would mean that they lose the chance of signing LeBron (or insert free agent requesting max contract here) with another free agent who is requesting max contract.

Beasley for Dooling offered by HEAT... rejected? Stupidity doesn't need an explanation.

Yeah, Micheal Beasley.

:lol:

On September 3, 2008, at the NBA's Rookie Transition Program, Beasley was involved in an incident along with fellow rookies Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur. Police responded to the hotel room of Chalmers and Arthur following a fire alarm at 2 a.m. and claimed that the room smelled strongly of burning marijuana but none was found and no charges were filed. Chalmers and Arthur were excused from the camp[31] because of the incident and were later fined $20,000 each for missing the rookie camp, but were not fined or suspended for any drug-related violations. Both later denied any involvement with marijuana.[32] Originally, ESPN reported that Beasley was also present in the room,[33] but was not asked to leave camp. The story was later updated and any mention of Beasley was removed from the article.[34] On September 18, 2008 Beasley was fined $50,000 by the league for his involvement in the incident after Pat Riley forced him to confess to league officials that he had slipped out the door when the police arrived.[35][36][37]

On August 24, 2009 Beasley reportedly checked into a Houston rehab center, just days after he posted pictures of himself to Twitter with what some have speculated to be marijuana in the background.[37]

http://www.hothothoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Super-Cool-Beas-Michael-Beasley-tattoo.jpg

Yes, it does.

he's been sober for a year

and everybody knows that josh howard was tellin the truth when he said "a lot of NBA players smoke weed"

Exactly why take Beasley when we know we're going to take Favors or Cousins and Beasley would only get in the way of that player's development. Beasley would be coming off the bench too for the Nets. What does that show? How fuking terrible the Heat are besides Wade.

Do I really need to explain this? I mean, wow.

Okay, follow closely. I hope I don't lose any of you:

•Michael Beasley is a much, much better player than Keyon Dooling

•Dooling makes 3.8M/year and Beasley makes 4.5M+/year, so not much cap space is gained or saved either way

•Beasley has the versatility to play both on the block and on the wing

•The Nets would then have a line-up of Harris - Lee/Williams - Beasley - Favors - Lopez

•The Nets would still have room for a max free agent, such as Joe Johnson

•If the Nets are somehow dissatisfied with Beasley, there is always a trade possibility, where almost every team in the league would be interested in a player of Beasley's caliber in a rookie contract

Summary: the Nets lose a back up point guard and gain an all star potential forward, for about the same price.

Why is this stupid for the Heat? Because you can do much better than Keyon [expletive]ing Dooling for Michael Beasley. Either look to actually get a player closer to Beasley's ability, or ask for some future picks, or something of the sort.

Beasley is a part of the Heat's future plans. I have never heard Riley, Arison, or Spoelstra say otherwise.

Edited by Poe