Nets turn down Dooling for Beasley

xx.

Do I really need to explain this? I mean, wow.

Okay, follow closely. I hope I don't lose any of you:

•Michael Beasley is a much, much better player than Keyon Dooling

•Dooling makes 3.8M/year and Beasley makes 4.5M+/year, so not much cap space is gained or saved either way

•Beasley has the versatility to play both on the block and on the wing

•The Nets would then have a line-up of Harris - Lee/Williams - Beasley - Favors - Lopez

•The Nets would still have room for a max free agent, such as Joe Johnson

•If the Nets are somehow dissatisfied with Beasley, there is always a trade possibility, where almost every team in the league would be interested in a player of Beasley's caliber in a rookie contract

Summary: the Nets lose a back up point guard and gain an all star potential forward, for about the same price.

Why is this stupid for the Heat? Because you can do much better than Keyon [expletive]ing Dooling for Michael Beasley. Either look to actually get a player closer to Beasley's ability, or ask for some future picks, or something of the sort.

Beasley is a part of the Heat's future plans. I have never heard Riley, Arison, or Spoelstra say otherwise.

Obviously he is better than Dooling, no one here said he's not.

You just don't understand we're starting from scratch and have really high hopes for the big man we choose with the 3rd overall we don't want Beasley interfering with that players development in anyway and that's basically the only reason. Also, we have enough for two max contracts, we dont want to mess any of that up right now with trades.

He wouldn't start, he would have a good chance of having 6th man of the year but he would be throwing fits if he found out he would come off the bench.

Beasley is a part of the Heat's future plans. I have never heard Riley, Arison, or Spoelstra say otherwise.

LOL at your stupidity, seriously? This trade proposal right here is a perfect sign of the Heat showing that Beasley isn't a part of their future plans anymore. Open your mind.

•If the Nets are somehow dissatisfied with Beasley, there is always a trade possibility, where almost every team in the league would be interested in a player of Beasley's caliber in a rookie contract

:wallbash3:

Then why would the Heat offer the Nets Beasley for Dooling if every team in the league would be interested in him?

I think you are confusing yourself here.

•Michael Beasley is a much, much better player than Keyon Dooling

And the sky is blue, what is your point? Nobody has tried to say otherwise.

•Dooling makes 3.8M/year and Beasley makes 4.5M+/year, so not much cap space is gained or saved either way

Yes, Keyon Dooling made $3.8M this season. However, he has a team option for next year which means that the Heat would simply not pick up his option and, as a result, the Heat would save the nearly $5M ($4.962 to be exact) that would be owed to Beasley next season.

If you are going to take a know it all approach to something, the least you could do is, you know, actually know what you are talking about. ;)

•Beasley has the versatility to play both on the block and on the wing.

No arguments here, at least if we are talking about offensively. Defensively is another story as Beasley doesn't really have the versatility to guard on the low block or on the wing.

•The Nets would still have room for a max free agent, such as Joe Johnson.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't the Nets have the cap room to add two max free agents this summer? If that is the case, adding Beasley would take away that luxury so it could possibily come down to Beasley + Joe Johnson or Chris Bosh/Amare Stoudemire (or any other marquee free agent, those were just the first two teams that came to mind) + Joe Johnson. If that is the case, it is pretty clear what scenario is more appealing.

I'm sure that Beasley has his fair share of interest around the league considering his age and the possibility of how good he can become, but to say that almost every team int he league would be interested in Beasley is just false. I could definitely see some teams that are not interested in Beasley, and I know of one for a fact one team that aren't interested in him which is the Toronto Raptors.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that don't you think you might be overvaluing Beasley a bit here?

Summary: the Nets lose a back up point guard and gain an all star potential forward, for about the same price.

Actually, unless I am mistaken, the summary is actually that the Heat lose out on the chance of adding a 2nd max free agent to gain a power forward who may become an All-Star but could also end up as nothing more than an offensive 6th man (a damn good one though).

Why is this stupid for the Heat? Because you can do much better than Keyon [expletive]ing Dooling for Michael Beasley. Either look to actually get a player closer to Beasley's ability, or ask for some future picks, or something of the sort.

You would imagine, but with so many teams gearing up for free agency this summer, there may not be a lot of teams that are going to be interested in taking on Beasley for nearly $5M this year, $6.2M next year and $8.1M the year after.

Then there are obviously some concerns about his attitude and maturity (whether they are valid or not) which could scare some teams off as well and result in the Heat not receiving what you would expect.

The bottom line is that rarely do you see a trade where equal talent is exchanged.

I can't really comment on this. I would believe so, but crazier things have happened.

Also, its not like Riley or somebody is going to come out and say that they don't want Beasley on the team or anything. Doing something like that lowers his value and ruins the relationship between the player and the team.

With all of this said, I also find it hard to believe that the trade was simply Beasley for Dooling straight up. However, if the Heat were interested in unloading Beasley's contract to clear up more cap space, it makes perfect sense considering they could simply no pick up Dooling's option for next season.

EDIT: Ira Winderman reports that the Heat never offered Beasle to the Nets. He also says that the Nets weren't interested in Beasley anyways. I don't know him or anything, but from what you have said in the past, Ira isn't very credible, right?

Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel writes that reports of trade discussions between the Heat and Nets are false.

ESPN reported on Thursday that Miami offered New Jersey young forward Michael Beasley in a trade that would have only netted them guard Keyon Dooling in a move to clear more cap space. The report claimed that the Nets declined.

"After that report came out on ESPN's podcast, I did some checking. Foremost, the Nets weren't interested. But a source familiar with the situation said the Heat never made the offer. So the Heat isn't cashing in on Beasley, at least yet. But if there is one year to maximize cap space, this is it," Winderman wrote on Friday.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67010/20100604/heat_never_offered_beasley_to_nets/#

Edited by Built Ford Tough

My mistake on the option. I thought it was guaranteed.

And am I really acting like a know it all to say that accepting a Beasley for Dooling deal is a no brainer at the Nets part? Gosh, I must be crazy.

What these guys in this thread have been telling me is that because Beasley has smoked pot in the past, they wouldn't give up an expiring 3M for him? Insane.

BTW, your acting like saving extra room is going to guarantee a team two max contracts just because they can afford it. It's only a small window of opportunity. One max + a guaranteed line up including 4 all star-potential players (Lopez, Harris, Favors, and now Beasley) should be enough. Why throw away Beasley just for the chance to get a player similar to him (Bosh/Amar'e/Dirk) for more money, anyway? It's not like they are a 'win now' team. Beasley, along with Harris, Favors, and Lopez would grow together as players.

No, I am not overrating Beasley, either. He is well on his way to becoming another primetime PF/SF in a few years. He has the complete physical package to do it. It's all a matter of adding the discipline, which Spoelstra has made sure of when coaching him, and once he puts it all together mentally he WILL be an all star.

Spoe says it best:

There's so many misconceptions about Mike and unrealistic expectations. His progress is determined by us, not by outside perspective. He's learning how to help a team win. If you're playing on a team that's not in the playoffs, you end up skipping all of those lessons and they play you through your mistakes. Michael did not have that opportunity here, but he's developed into more of a winning player.

I can't believe I'm actually discussing this.. Beasley > Dooling, end of story. The extra cap is nearly irrelevant when considering a player as good as Beasley. He is not a throw away player.

Edit: It's no surprise that this deal wasn't even offered, or else the Nets would have had a 100% chance of accepting, and I may have dropped my fanship.

Also, they say broken clock is right twice a day. That's Ira for you. Every now and then he'll post a legit fact, but more often than not his articles are overlaced with opinion.

Edited by Poe

Why do you keep putting Beasley > Dooling? Do you not understand what we are saying? Nets don't want players like Beasley who are too stupid to understand a chance of a lifetime. We've gone through it with Sean Williams and I wouldn't want Sean or Beasley on a team that has the potential to have 10 players under the age of 25.

Now Beasley is better than Dooling but like I posted yesterday that Doolings contributions if he stays and letting Terrence and Favors (I'm assuming) get minutes especailly with Terrence's rebounding ability for a 6'6 player.

I think he doesn't realize that the Nets won't be trying to win the finals next year... I mean if LeBron and Bosh sign, then I'll change my story, but I think it's a development year. Dooling is a leader too, that has been neglected so far. Beasley, not so much.

Still, stupid for the Heat to offer this IMO, they have PGs that can do a decent job.

• Owner
Why throw away Beasley just for the chance to get a player similar to him (Bosh/Amar'e/Dirk) for more money, anyway?

Because Bosh, Amare and Dirk are at least 10 times the player Beasley will ever be, and it's not even close.

i honestly cant believe how much people hate on the kid..he was like 19 doin stupid [expletive], got himself straight

been workin very hard ever since..he is probably one of the few people after gettin knocked out of the playoffs..that immediately went straight back into the gym back at kansas and has workin his butt off for next year ever since....you guys got this kid all wrong

i dont expect him to be high and disrespecting the national anthem like josh howard anytime soon...he is actually gettin treated a lot like iverson..everytime his name is mentioned it HAS to be negative because of one incident that people will just never get rid off from their heads (a lot of young athletes make mistakes and get fined for doin stupid [expletive]..and i can bet most smoke weed) beasley is actually takin care of his problems before they get out of hand

and as a player...i cant believe people givin up on him in 2 years...no one had a problem with caron butler and his pathetic 2nd year

Edited by Clutch

i honestly cant believe how much people hate on the kid..he was like 19 doin stupid [expletive], got himself straight

been workin very hard ever since..he is probably one of the few people after gettin knocked out of the playoffs..that immediately went straight back into the gym back at kansas and has workin his butt off for next year ever since....you guys got this kid all wrong

i dont expect him to be high and disrespecting the national anthem like josh howard anytime soon...he is actually gettin treated a lot like iverson..everytime his name is mentioned it HAS to be negative because of one incident that people will just never get rid off from their heads (a lot of young athletes make mistakes and get fined for doin stupid [expletive]..and i can bet most smoke weed) beasley is actually takin care of his problems before they get out of hand

and as a player...i cant believe people givin up on him in 2 years...no one had a problem with caron butler and his pathetic 2nd year

Thing is, Nets fans wrote that two years ago about Sean Williams too!

wtf? sean williams was not even good though...he didn't even put up CLOSE to good numbers...

anyways..here is an article (pro-beasley..and a little immature with the constant "you're stupid" and what not..and some spellin errors i think) BUT it gets the point across

------

Michael Beasley of the Miami Heat. Does He Deserve to Play With Dwyane Wade???

by: Bhemis Parks

Contributor Written on May 31, 2010

It's been nearly two whole years since the drafting of Michael Beasley in the 2008 NBA draft. If you don't know, he was selected as the second overall pick. Behind Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls. Yet for some reason(I'm guessing because, besides Wade, who else are you gonna talk about on the Miami Heat), this kid has been the chosen topic on NBA failures.

It's as if no one has noticed the fact that he's been a contributor on a team that has won 90 games over the past two season. That's a 55% winning percentage for the Miami Heat, since Beasley arrived in town. It's as if most of the people that watch the NBA or should I say don't, believe the Miami Heat won IN SPITE of Michael Beasley. Never mind the fact that this kid has scored over +16 points in 69(42.3%) of his 159 games. I know what you're thinking, that isn't very good. Well, if you knew anything about the game of basketball and understood how scoring equates to minutes on the floor and what option you are on your team. You'd realize just how much this kid has helped the Heat over the past two seasons.

He's definitely done more good than bad.

I'm going to try to break this down for you as best I can. Never mind the fact that you shouldn't be commenting on things in which you can't grasp. Only a bias idiot does these types of things.

If you're a TRUE fan of the NBA, you'd know that the average scoring per game total for a player is 9.7 points per 36 minutes(last season). Beasley scored 14.8 points in less than 30 minutes of play per game. That tells anyone with half a brain, this kid doesn't have a problem scoring. After all, he's scored 13 or more points in 89(56%) of his career games. Not bad for a guy that's played fewer than 25 minutes, 66(42%) times. To find that kind of productivity, you need to look at a Jason Terry or Manu Ginobli. They're the only players of recent memory to score at that kind of rate in two years of succession(and both of them are seasoned NBA veterans). And neither player had to contend with a Super Star player taking 20+ attempts per game.

Basically, to understand what Beasley is going through, would be to understand what it means to have the entire world on your back. Is Beasley putting up the numbers that he put up in college??? No, he isn't. However, his situation isn't what it was in college either, now is it??? So it would be idiotic to suggest that he do the same. The kid had everything run through him... period. He showed what he could, if given the number one option role, April of 2009. He averaged 21 points 9 rebounds on 55% shooting, in just 31 per game. Not bad for the rookie of the month honors. Anyway, on most nights, Beasley is the third option. Behind one Dwyane Wade and Jermaine O'Neal. Even on nights where Beasley is clearly the best match-up advantage... he still has to take a back seat. It just isn't logical as far as what is stated about the kid.

They say he's a poor player. Well, poor or none-productive players don't make two trips to the ALL-STAR festivities in their first two seasons, especially when it depends on NBA coaches voting. It seems for every supporter of the kid, there's 10 more haters ready to argue the most idiotic of views. It's as if these so called Miami Heat fans are nothing more than Wade fanatics. For every good play he makes, they're ready to argue what he didn't do.

Let some one try that with Wade. Itll be an all out war. So round these parts. We call them idiots or haters. I'd say a even trade. And if we're being honest, at 21 years of age, Beasley is already a better shooter than the 28 year old Dwyane Wade... he's probably a better shooter than half this league. But you don't hear that kind of thing being said about him. To many folks are to big on the negatives about the kid. I mean, how many times have you heard about the charitable donations that he makes or the kids he visits on the regular??? You hear it when Wade does it, but never when his teammates do it. How many time have you heard about Beasley actually getting into REAL trouble... NOT EVER. He just isn't that kind of guy. Yet the media tries to make everyone believe he is. Shame on you, for being stupid enough to buy into it. Shame on you for claiming to be the fan of a TEAM, when you're really just a idiotic WADE HOMER!!! How many times have you heard this.

"We gotta get Wade more help!!!"

Really??? I thought it was about getting the Miami Heat more help. Wade is a worker, just like the 11 other guys on this team. He plays better than everyone else on most nights. And the Heat pays him better than every other Heat player. That should be as far as it goes... period.

They say Wade figured it out in his second season because he went from 16 points per game to 24 points per game... what they want say is that Wade was 22 years of age by the time he played his 30th NBA game... Beasley has yet to turn 22. Wade also had 3 years of college experience to mature and prepare himself for the NBA... Beasley spent one year in college and jumped straight to the pros. Seems to me, most of you are being hypocrites. I say we compare what Beasley did at 20 to that what Wade did when he was 20 and so on, so on.

It's as if people forget that Wade went 80 out of 213 attempts to begin his career(that's a field goal percentage of 37.5%). He also was averaging 3.3 turnovers per game in a little over 33 minutes per game. But he wasn't ever benched, the Heat allowed him to play through it because they didn't have a super star on their roster. Wade averaged 13.5 points per game... the Heat were 5-12 and had every media outlet questioning Rileys decision on taking Wade.

Now in contrast, Beasley was 99 out of 221 attempts to begin his career(that's a field goal percentage of 44.7%). He played 28.7 minutes per game and averaged 14.4 points... The Heat were 8-9 and Beasley was benched, even though most media outlets had the Heat as a 20 win club at best.

So say what you want to say about Beasley and all his so-called inconsistencies, as if he's the only second year player to not dominate the league. Say that he isn't dominating the inside of the post area, like he did in college... never mind the fact that he was every bit the jump shooter and off the dribble player he is in accused of being, now that he's in the NBA(go watch a youtube clip, know-it-all). Say he doesn't do anything to help this team... ignoring the fact that he has averaged +15 points per game, over his two year career, against 15 of the 29 NBA teams he faced. 9 of which have been playoff teams over the past two seasons.

But when you're finish... make sure you look in the mirror to see what ignorance and stupidity looks like.

as a matter of fact, here is another article that gives more perspective on the beasley talks

Michael Beasley Over Chris Bosh: A Lesson In Perception

by Bhemis Parks

Everyone knows that the Heat has a ton of CASH for this 2010 free-agency. Probably, every media out-let and "Wade Homer" would like to see the Heat move the 2nd year forward, Michael Beasley, and pursue a deal for Chris Bosh, a 5 time All-Star. This is mostly due to most of them not knowing the truth behind Beasley's 2010 season and just caring about the success of Wade. But a careful look at the situation would show that Beasley is a more beneficial asset to Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat organization, then Chris Bosh ever will be.

Peolple forget that, against Chris Bosh this season, Beasley had a 21 point - 12 rebound game. A 28 point - 11 rebound game. He had a 6 point and 6 rebound effort in 8 minutes before Bosh under-cut him on an attempted alley from Wade(guess he was upset he couldn't stop Beasley). Anyway, this is a second year guy, that people say can't play, going at a 7 year NBA All-Star.

The Heat says they want to build a DYNASTY. We all assume that Wade would be the logical choice as the foundation that every thing is laid upon. Now the question is, what player should be the next piece... Beasley or Bosh. If we look at the HISTORY of the NBA, most big men find themselves in their third or fourth season. Same happened to Bosh, he became a All-Star in his third season after being the 4th pick in the 2003 draft. Yet for some odd reason, Beasley is labeled a bust because he didn't become one in his second. It's amazing how people hear one thing and just assume it's the truth. It's amazing how one guy gets a pass for doing less in a similar manner(Bosh) and another guy gets burnt because he's playing with a SUPER-STAR.

Well this article will compare the second season of Bosh, against that of Beasley. I hope some of you come away a little bit more open minded when viewing players and what you hear about them.

Teammates

Chris Bosh had a chance to play with a very balanced unit in his 2nd season. After 20 games, the team traded Vince Carter to the Nets to free up the development of Chris Bosh. Jalen Rose(18.5 points per game... 81 games), Vince Carter(15.9 per game... 20 games) Morris Peterson(14.3 points per game... 61 games as a starter), Rafer Alston(14.2 points per game... 80 games), Donyell Marshall(11.5 points per game... 65 games), Loren Woods/ Rafael Araujo( starting centers).

Michael Beasley and the Heat were somewhat balanced but suffered mainly due to poor point guard play. Dwyane Wade(26.6 points per game... 77 games), Jermaine O'Neal(13.6 per game... 70 games) Udonis Haslem(9.9 points per game... 78 games), Quentin Richardson(8.9 points per game... 76 games), Mario Chalmers(9.6 points per game... 23 games as a starter).

Anyone with half a brain, understands that the more talent a player is surrounded by, the easier their job becomes.

Consistency

You always hear that Beasley is a inconsistent player andscorer. But those who watch him know it's more a opportunity issue. He's playing with a MEGA STAR that puts up 20+ attempts per game and also was on a team that feature a former All-Star center who was more often than not, the second option. But let's look at the shooting numbers for Beasley and Bosh.

Games Played: Bosh (81) and Beasley (78)

Games of shooting +60%: Bosh (15) Beasley (10)

Games of shooting 50% to 59%: Bosh (14) Beasley (35)

Games of shooting 45% to 49%: Bosh (14) Beasley (9)

Games of shooting 40% to 44%: Bosh (14) Beasley (7)

Games of shooting -40%: Bosh (24) Beasley (17)

Chris Bosh managed to shoot +45% in 43 of his 81 games played(53% of the time) Michael Beasley, on the other hand, did it 54 of his 78 games played(69% of the time). I'm gonna need someone to see explain how he, consistently struggled to put the ball in the basket.

Scoring totals

Beasley actually averaged more points per game his rookie season than Bosh did in his... never mind the fact that Bosh played 8 more minutes than him per game. Beasley also holds a 17.9 scoring average(per 36 minutes), that would be better than the 16.2 that Bosh yielded. Anyway, let's look at what each player did in their second season.

0-9 point games:

Bosh:Nov(4), Dec(4), Jan(0), Feb(1), Mar(2), Apri(0)

Beasley: Nov(3), Dec(2), Jan(3), Feb(3), Mar(5), Apri(2)

10-19 point games:

Bosh:Nov(9), Dec(10), Jan(6), Feb(5), Mar(7), Apri(8)

Beasley:Nov(9), Dec(7), Jan(5), Feb(2), Mar(6), Apri(4)

20-29 point games:

Bosh: Nov(3), Dec(1), Jan(8), Feb(5), Mar(3), Apri(3)

Beasley: Nov(4), Dec(5), Jan(7), Feb(2), Mar(2), Apri(1)

30+ point games:

Bosh: Nov(0), Dec(0), Jan(0), Feb(0), Mar(2), Apri(0)

Beasley: Nov(0), Dec(0), Jan(0), Feb(1), Mar(0), Apri(0)

One would think that the minutes per game and freedom for Bosh would yield a greater margin of difference. But once again, it just goes to show how ignorant fans and the media can be in regards to players and how they perceive them.

STATS by the MINUTE

Bosh played (37.1) minutes per game, his second season. But that wasn't his numbers to began the season... his numbers gradually increased each month(36, 32, 38, 38, 39 and 42). Three reason this happened. One was they had no one behind him to bench him if he played poorly. The second was he suffered no injuries that forced him to miss games. Third and most important, they didn't have a star demanding that they be a winning club. They started the season 13-17... He was a 16ppg and 8rpg guy prior to the All-Star break, shooting 47%... He was a 18ppg and 10rpg guy after it, shooting 43%. (5 minute increase)

Beasley on the other hand had almost a opposite season. He finished with a (29.8) minute per game average but his numbers dropped as the season progressed(31, 32, 30, 28, 27 and 28). Three reason this happened. The first was a injury to his knee on Jan 27, against Toronto(forced him to miss the next 2 games and be fitted with a knee brace for the next 8 games). The second was a thigh contusion to his left thigh on March 10, against the Clippers(forced him to miss the next 2 games). The third and most important, Wade wanting to win now(if Haslem wasn't on the team, they'd be forced to play Beasley)!!! The Heat started the season 22-22 prior to Beasley's injury... He was a 16ppg and 7rpg guy prior to the All-Star break, shooting 46%... He was a 13ppg and 6rpg guy after it, shooting 43%. (3 minute decrease).

Turnover Issue

They say Beasley has a problem with focusing and turns the ball over. They say he doesn't do a good job of recognizing the floor. Well lets have a look. Let's look at the turnovers and assist of both guys. Keep in mind Bosh did play 7 more minutes per game than Beasley.

Games of 0-1 turnovers: Bosh (25) Beasley (40)

Games of 2 turnovers: Bosh (20) Beasley (23)

Games of +3 turnovers: Bosh (36) Beasley (15)

Both players had 77 games of 4 or fewer assist... Bosh had 4 games of 5+ and Beasley just 1.

As one can see, the guy that a lot say rarely has his head in the game, is better at not giving the ball up... and by a large margin. And even 5 years later, Chris Bosh is still turning the ball over at a similar clip(actually at a higher rate). I'm gonna need someone to explain the double standard.

Rebounding per Minute

People want you to believe Beasley is a poor rebounder, they usually guage him against the efforts of his 7 year NBA veteran teammate, Udonis Haslem. How idiotic is that? Anyway, like Bosh, Beasley is a one and done college-pro. And like Bosh, Beasley was a 8 rebound per 36 minute player(7.7 per 36 minutes)... Bosh was at 8.6 per 36 minutes... keep in mind that Beasley had two 5+ game stints of playing with injuries to his legs.)

Edited by Clutch

wtf? sean williams was not even good though...he didn't even put up CLOSE to good numbers...

That's not the point, though. If you keep getting into trouble, your talent level is irrelevant because you won't be getting the playing time to show it. Besides, Sean Williams' athleticism opened everyone's eyes, and many saw him being with the team for a good part of his career as a major contributor.

what do u mean by "KEEP GETTIN INTO TROUBLE" when did he ever get INTO REAL TROUBLE...except for the fines in his rookie season (which chalmers also got, and a few other young players)...he didn't get in trouble with the law..he didn't get in trouble with the team after that...and the only issue he HAD he TOOK CARE OF IT by goin to rehab

thats wat im talkin about...now im convinced...people are treatin him just like iverson...he is just bad off the court....when in actuality you couldnt name more than 1 incident im sure

if anyone is dealin with trouble off the court its dwyane wade..with all the business issues and court appearances and what not, or dorell wright showin his dick off

Edited by Clutch
  • Like 1

Thing is, Nets fans wrote that two years ago about Sean Williams too!

Not every player is the same. Just because it happened to one person doesn't mean it will happen to another. Beasley has all the tools to be a phenomenal player, and has worked very hard to put it together.

By the way, I'd argue against things like "disrespecting the national anthem" and "showing your dick on camera" as being bad things. I also wouldn't say that smoking marijuana as being a bad things either. Obviously an athlete shouldn't smoke, but for any other situation, I have yet to hear a good reason why it is so frowned upon.

But that's another argument. Can we please eliminate this as being a part of why Beasley doesn't have the talent to be any good? Seriously, we've established that Beasley is very talented, is a hard worker, has youth with a long career ahead of him, and has all other physical tools to be a star. Can we please, please hear a different reason than "oh, he smoked pot once"????

Edited by Poe

what do u mean by "KEEP GETTIN INTO TROUBLE" when did he ever get INTO REAL TROUBLE...except for the fines in his rookie season (which chalmers also got, and a few other young players)...he didn't get in trouble with the law..he didn't get in trouble with the team after that...and the only issue he HAD he TOOK CARE OF IT by goin to rehab

Like Steve said, we expected Sean not to get in trouble again, and we figured that he learned his lesson a couple years ago. You saw what happened in the following years, and Jersey does not want to take chances again. Those fines that went to Beasley are one reason enough to be cautious. It's not like he's been in the league ten years and we can say he learned his lesson. We're not even 24 months past the incident. Now is not the time to gamble, considering we've had three non-playoff years and want to go straight to hopeful productivity from here on out.

Beasley, entering the NBA, even said that his maturity level was one reason he was hesitating to enter the draft.

oh my fault..i forgot this was a nets - heat trade thread lol...i guess if nets fans feel that way because of past experiences they had then thats whats up

i guess to understand it better...its as if heat get offered a young center..that reminds us a lot of mark blount (even if he isnt)...i would kill myself lol

Edited by Clutch

oh my fault..i forgot this was a nets - heat trade thread lol...i guess if nets fans feel that way because of past experiences they had then thats whats up

i guess to understand it better...its as if heat get offered a young center..that reminds us a lot of mark blount (even if he isnt)...i would kill myself lol

lolwut

lolwut

i was goin more into why beasley is good and why he is clean in general, instead of the actual point of this thread that he would be playin in new jersey

Edited by Clutch