Soccer without the goalie?

Real Deal

Yeah and we just have different opinions. I'm not gonna say I've never seen a good soccer game but the chances of seeing a great match from start to finish is small.

soccer isnt high scoring because its a 90 minute game, other sports games take 2-3 hours.

lol are you kidding me? NBA is 48 minutes, yet it turns into 2 hours and 30 minutes, the clock in soccer doesnt stop even on dead balls or injuries.

So shouldn't they have more energy since they are playing less time resulting in more exciting action?

I'm not going to get into an argument about it but I'm one of those people who has to play a sport before judging it and I wasted my youth playing a game then finally realizing how horrible it actually is.

So shouldn't they have more energy since they are playing less time resulting in more exciting action?

I'm not going to get into an argument about it but I'm one of those people who has to play a sport before judging it and I wasted my youth playing a game then finally realizing how horrible it actually is.

Do you know how big the field is? To have the ball on your feet the entire time. Soccer has anywhere from 5 to 20 shots per game, yet only 2-3 goals because the defense is very good and there is a goalkeeper, in hockey you can have defenders scoring and there is only what 6 players on each team? I have watched indoor soccer and it gets a lot of goals too, score is usually 17-14 for example, and thats way more than hockey when the field is the same size and the goal is even bigger.

You dont have the right to say a sport is horrible when over a billion highly disagree.

Well I don't think so, because they're playing for 45 minutes non-stop with no breaks, there are no timeouts or periods or quarters, there is 45 minutes of endless running, a halftime, and then 45 more of the same.

Yeah and we just have different opinions. I'm not gonna say I've never seen a good soccer game but the chances of seeing a great match from start to finish is small.

I'm giving you a rep point for this, don't see mature responses on here too often. Myself included.

Universe if your definition of a "great match" is high scoring, double digits game, then you are better off sticking with basketball.

Then again, I wonder, you're in Canada, sometimes it's the environment. If most of your peers and everyone in your town hate soccer, you don't have anyone to share the enjoyment with. But again, if Canadians love hockey, which is a low scoring game consisting of some floppings as well, or nothing but UFC on ice, how can you view soccer as nothing but a game of flopping?

Plus, you get yellow-carded for flopping in soccer, if caught. At least there's a consequence. What do you get for flopping in basketball? In international, it's most probably ignored... in NBA, if you're the Utah Jazz playing Denver Nuggets, you advance to the next round. When their flopping wasn't effective in the next round vs. Lakers, they got slaughtered 0-4. So, which one is really the game of flopping?

Be me. I am in Australia. Majority here are footy (Aussie football) fans but I am an NBA (and now soccer) fan. You know we pretty much suck at basketball and soccer. Be different and be bashed once in a while for mixing in the wrong crowd :lol:

Edited by Snake

Universe if your definition of a "great match" is high scoring, double digits game, then you are better off sticking with basketball.

Then again, I wonder, you're in Canada, sometimes it's the environment. If most of your peers and everyone in your town hate soccer, you don't have anyone to share the enjoyment with. But again, if Canadians love hockey, which is a low scoring game consisting of some floppings as well, or nothing but UFC on ice, how can you view soccer as nothing but a game of flopping?

Plus, you get yellow-carded for flopping in soccer, if caught. At least there's a consequence. What do you get for flopping in basketball? In international, it's most probably ignored... in NBA, if you're the Utah Jazz playing Denver Nuggets, you advance to the next round. When their flopping wasn't effective in the next round vs. Lakers, they got slaughtered 0-4. So, which one is really the game of flopping?

Be me. I am in Australia. Majority here are footy (Aussie football) fans but I am an NBA (and now soccer) fan. You know we pretty much suck at basketball and soccer. Be different and be bashed once in a while for mixing in the wrong crowd :lol:

Canada actually has a huge population of soccer players. I'd say more people play soccer than lacrosse and that is considered the sport of Canada.

Like I said before, what I've experinced and witnessed watching soccer I just can't stand it. I don't see why everyone's bringing up points about it because I'm not suddenly going to change my mind. It's just my view on the sport that it's not as entertaining as lacrosse and many other sports.

Edited by Universe

Dont know why soccer has so many haters, seems like most of them are North Americans. Sport is not about scoring, flopping or any of that other crap, its all about winning.

clearly those people are the outcasts, because every soccer match I watch, every world cup I watch, I see a SEA of fans, I see streets flooded, I see entire countries in front of their TV's, I see schools interrupting classes to watch the games

if they cant see the beauty of the game, then there is probably something wrong with them

theres a difference between not havin a taste for it, and callin it a wack sport and sayin its all about floppin and runnin back and forth like idiots

:lol:

Now that's funny. I bet there is a billion who says it sucks too.

Depends, more people like it than hate it, and its the world's most popular sport.

BTW I also like how you dont debate any of my other points, including indoor soccer, huge pwn.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

Depends, more people like it than hate it, and its the world's most popular sport.

There is more people in the world who don't even like sport. Soccer is popular because it's easily one of the cheapest sports to play compared to football, hockey and baseball. Least that's one of the reasons I played because it was 60 dollars for shoes and shin gaurds compared to a good 1,000 to 2,000 to play hockey.

Edit: How is that a pwn? I just simple don't like the sport. Can you not read?

Edited by Universe

clearly those people are the outcasts, because every soccer match I watch, every world cup I watch, I see a SEA of fans, I see streets flooded, I see entire countries in front of their TV's, I see schools interrupting classes to watch the games

if they cant see the beauty of the game, then there is probably something wrong with them

theres a difference between not havin a taste for it, and callin it a wack sport and sayin its all about floppin and runnin back and forth like idiots

TBH it doesnt matter, soccer is super intense, is the most popular and not to mention it has the best fans in the world, soccer fans are 1000x better than basketball, baseball or football fans, theres games where Yankees fans outnumber the opposing fans in the team's own stadium, when the Bucks were facing the Lakers, there were more Laker fans than Buck fans, shows what fans Americans really are, I have even seen Yankees, Lakers, Cowboys, Red Wings fans on some forums and it is laughable.

Soccer fans will stick with their teams 100%, regardless of how horrible they are, not everyone in England even supports Manchester United, some people in Manchester area even support clubs like Man City, Bury, Oldham Athletic, etc.

There is more people in the world who don't even like sport. Soccer is popular because it's easily one of the cheapest sports to play compared to football, hockey and baseball. Least that's one of the reasons I played because it was 60 dollars for shoes and shin gaurds compared to a good 1,000 to 2,000 to play hockey.

Edit: How is that a pwn? I just simple don't like the sport. Can you not read?

Explain how cricket and basketball are more popular than football, hockey and baseball?

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

Do you like curling or figure skating? I'm sure I could get someone in here to say how they feel about their sport but does that make you stupid for not liking it?

:lol:

Its not about not liking it...thats your preference. It's the fact that you said that its only flopping and stuff that got people on you, no homo.

Because everyone has different tastes? Like are you serious?

You mention price then you totally change the subject when I mention the fact that basketball is played more when you need basketball goals and a ball, american football is cheap to play too, all you need is a ball, and its just that more people like basketball. Price has no matter when you like a certain sport.

You mention price then you totally change the subject when I mention the fact that basketball is played more when you need basketball goals and a ball, american football is cheap to play too, all you need is a ball, and its just that more people like basketball. Price has no matter when you like a certain sport.

Price is a huge factor. Basketball goals aren't the easiest thing to make when soccer nets are often just sticks put together. I know we'd just throw down two hats to make the goals but how do you just bust out a basketball net? Football has helmets and equitment too.

Price does matter when you can't afford it. I'm sure I'd be great at Nascar but nobody is going to lend me an exspensive car, the track and all the fees to get in.

Price is a huge factor. Basketball goals aren't the easiest thing to make when soccer nets are often just sticks put together. I know we'd just throw down two hats to make the goals but how do you just bust out a basketball net? Football has helmets and equitment too.

Price does matter when you can't afford it. I'm sure I'd be great at Nascar but nobody is going to lend me an exspensive car, the track and all the fees to get in.

Price isnt a huge factor at all, we arent talking about professional sports but you dont need super expensive equipment to play some sports, you can make a hockey goal too with sticks and use just a hockey stick and a ball, theres your hockey, football is even cheaper, just buy a freaking ball and use a cone for the touchdown line.

Price isnt a huge factor at all, we arent talking about professional sports but you dont need super expensive equipment to play some sports, you can make a hockey goal too with sticks and use just a hockey stick and a ball, theres your hockey, football is even cheaper, just buy a freaking ball and use a cone for the touchdown line.

But it's not the real thing compared to soccer. Soccer is with the ball and no equitment. To become great at hockey you can't just use a stick and a ball. You need the skates and all the equitment or you'll never become anything.

Just stop dude, you are not looking smart.

But it's not the real thing compared to soccer. Soccer is with the ball and no equitment. To become great at hockey you can't just use a stick and a ball. You need the skates and all the equitment or you'll never become anything.

Just stop dude, you are not looking smart.

You can just play in high school, they supply the equipment.