Soccer without the goalie?

Real Deal

• Owner

Would you enjoy it more, just as much, or not as much?

It would be easier to score, but everyone on the field would have to play much, much harder.

I don't like the idea, at all...but I saw it on the news yesterday morning, never heard of it before (they call it Futsal and it was a group of former HS soccer players playing it in Dallas or Houston, can't remember).

Eh, goalie is really the one position that can help a bad team beat a good team. Like when USA beat Spain, Howard played his [expletive] off. If it was with no goalie, great teams would dominate.

It would be horrendous.

The only reason I can think of why a person would suggest a soccer be played without a goalie is because they can't stand the idea of low scoring games. That person must be a basketball fan, a game that is scored in the 60-70-80-100.

That person should just stick to their video game, use Lakers, Cavs (or is it Knicks), Heat and have Kobe, LeBron, Wade average 50ppg and attempt 15 FTs per game. Or play a full season where their team average 150 ppg. They must then feel it's a real sport.

I played for 12 years of my life. I understand it and grew to hate it.

I don't see how someone who has played and understands the game of soccer can say, with a straight face, that most of the game is spent flopping.

Well it definately isn't spent scoring.

nvm..misunderstood.

Why do you like hockey so much if they only score a small amount of goals there too? Yeah, I know theres much action and more physical action but the results are still similar.

Well it definately isn't spent scoring.

Which is why they are working so GD hard to set up the smallest chance at a goal.. and why every goal is so ridiculously monumental.. and why any attack makes the entire crowd stand in anticipation.. You're a hockey fan, you should get it. There are differences, sure... but you should get it.

nvm..misunderstood.

Why do you like hockey so much if they only score a small amount of goals there too? Yeah, I know theres much action and more physical action but the results are still similar.

The old NHL didn't have much scoring but they've made rules to make it quicker and much more scoring. Add that with hits and players actually playing through injuries.

Which is why they are working so GD hard to set up the smallest chance at a goal.. and why every goal is so ridiculously monumental.. and why any attack makes the entire crowd stand in anticipation.. You're a hockey fan, you should get it. There are differences, sure... but you should get it.

Yeah and we just have different opinions. I'm not gonna say I've never seen a good soccer game but the chances of seeing a great match from start to finish is small.

• Like 1